Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 24-02-2021, 11:52 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaytee
This seems very plausible considering everything we've learned about neural networks in these past few years. I also think it has a lot to do with the theory of gaia. Very cool!

Theories are great, but they need confirmation. We can invent anything and believe in anything, but without proof, this belief in some respect can be perceived as absurd. Still, it's better to believe in existing things.
Old 24-02-2021, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger007
Theories are great, but they need confirmation. We can invent anything and believe in anything,
but without proof, this belief in some respect can be perceived as absurd.

Still, it's better to believe in existing things.
Well, then, by this post, believing in God or most anything spiritual 'can be perceived as absurd'.
Would that be correct to you? I could also surmise from this that it's 'better' to believe in matter and
math - since they can be 'proven'?
Most anything unseen could not be proven, correct ?
Faith and belief in the invisible is a major premise for any spiritual forum or discussion
and cannot be proven either.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-02-2021, 02:45 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Theories are great, but they need confirmation. We can invent anything and believe in anything, but without proof, this belief in some respect can be perceived as absurd. Still, it's better to believe in existing things.

Proof is there if you seek hard enough.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:59 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Proof is there if you seek hard enough.
Well, yes, by juggling facts, you can convince yourself of anything. If a person wants to find arguments for what he believes in, he will blindly ignore the existing facts and attract some unconvincing "evidence."
Old 05-03-2021, 11:51 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Well, yes, by juggling facts, you can convince yourself of anything. If a person wants to find arguments for what he believes in, he will blindly ignore the existing facts and attract some unconvincing "evidence."

I have plenty of evidence for me, from signs and synchronicity's throughout my life, excellent medium readings,(one describing my new house before I'd even seen it or bought it, a medium stating my late mothers name, the list goes on), but you must have your own experiences. But tell me, who are you trying to convince? Why are you on a Spiritual forum if you think it's all make believe?
Old 05-03-2021, 07:27 PM
Master

There are people focused on learning and forming their own opinions, and there are people focused on dismissing others' opinions. Who do you think progresses more?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I've tried to point out a couple of times on SF just how odd it is that we, I mean each of us as well as all the rest of creation accept the fact of living almost as if there is a hidden part of us that knows what it's all about. In truth we should be shocked out of our shoes to realise that we are actually 'here'. Most children pop the question 'mummy, where do I come from?' at about the age of six or seven. The stork usually suffices as an answer.
The absolute staggering, shocking, remarkable, extraordinary, incredible, flabbergasting realisation that I/we (and presumably everything) is/are in a state of awareness should be shouted from the roof tops every morning.

We don't realise that this universe didn't exist until we were born!

There are 8 billion of us and countless elephants, bees, sheep, grasses, dandelions, mountains, seas and so on, all of which cannot be explained.
Many of us humans take life as granted, - 'it is so', an attitude that can be fully accepted - after all it doesn't seem as if we actually asked to be here.

I personally am not on this forum because of some biblical god or far eastern philosophy but because I have experienced happenings in my life which defy any explanation, lying outside the rules and regulations set by logic.
Naturally any attempt to give an idea of how this all came about catches my interest every time. I'll listen to anything from any of the 8 billion individual universes which are at the moment on this planet. (if there is a planet).

My suggestion that we could ask the rice planter standing up to his knees in the paddy fields in Vietnam for an explanation didn't get much response here in SF - but would have been as valid as anything else.

i agree, the idea that there is someone here to type this is absolutely amazing! where did it all come from? I mean really, how could it even exist?

Personally, I suspect that is an unanswerable question. Well at least I don't know the answer myself... some seemingly accurate things can be learned about the immediate past but then life gets lost in the haze...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
as far as things that defy logic, that only means you've fed yourself premises that are implying limitations that don't exist in actual reality. And you can't see past that.

Easy enough to do, as humans we seem to love talking about the limitations of things... and we each have some we will hang on to for dear life, lest we either die or fall from grace.

Sigh...
Old 06-03-2021, 01:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i agree, the idea that there is someone here to type this is absolutely amazing! where did it all come from? I mean really, how could it even exist?

Personally, I suspect that is an unanswerable question. Well at least I don't know the answer myself... some seemingly accurate things can be learned about the immediate past but then life gets lost in the haze...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
as far as things that defy logic, that only means you've fed yourself premises that are implying limitations that don't exist in actual reality. And you can't see past that.

Easy enough to do, as humans we seem to love talking about the limitations of things... and we each have some we will hang on to for dear life, lest we either die or fall from grace.

Sigh...

Maybe, Falling Leaves, we have asked ourselves the wrong questions from the very beginning. Easily done considering the circumstances - watches need a clockmaker was the starting point.
As told at the start of this thread Tesla suggested science should look at non-physical phenomena. It's true, we are surrounded by strangeness: whether UFOs, NDEs, OBEs, Ghosts, Aliens, Paranormal experiences, Odd creatures, Mysterious lights, sounds, Hauntings, Synchronicities, Multiple personalities, After-death experiences, and so on.

The assumption, for some reason, and mainly induced by religion, is that these all have to do with a god - preferably the biblical one.

In my opinion Tesla was right and I think that what he meant was that everything has a normal explanation and needs looking into. That everything is subject to natural laws. Including re-incarnation or re-birth or whatever you like to call it.
We have yet to see an atom although there are illustrations of them everywhere - as yet figments of our imagination. Using a small fridge magnet I can prevent a nail dropping to the floor although a trillion tonnes of planet Earth's gravitation are pulling like hell.
There is something we are not seeing and those things in which we believe are hiding that something from us.

I would suggest we consider that which we know.
That we are physical beings, with bodies composed of energies, as is the whole of universal matter and that this matter is created by the respective minds (elephants' minds for instance) and that our minds, and the mind of everything else, promotes natural laws - the ones we cannot yet see.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Maybe, Falling Leaves, we have asked ourselves the wrong questions from the very beginning. Easily done considering the circumstances - watches need a clockmaker was the starting point.
As told at the start of this thread Tesla suggested science should look at non-physical phenomena. It's true, we are surrounded by strangeness: whether UFOs, NDEs, OBEs, Ghosts, Aliens, Paranormal experiences, Odd creatures, Mysterious lights, sounds, Hauntings, Synchronicities, Multiple personalities, After-death experiences, and so on.

The assumption, for some reason, and mainly induced by religion, is that these all have to do with a god - preferably the biblical one.

In my opinion Tesla was right and I think that what he meant was that everything has a normal explanation and needs looking into. That everything is subject to natural laws. Including re-incarnation or re-birth or whatever you like to call it.
We have yet to see an atom although there are illustrations of them everywhere - as yet figments of our imagination. Using a small fridge magnet I can prevent a nail dropping to the floor although a trillion tonnes of planet Earth's gravitation are pulling like hell.
There is something we are not seeing and those things in which we believe are hiding that something from us.

I would suggest we consider that which we know.
That we are physical beings, with bodies composed of energies, as is the whole of universal matter and that this matter is created by the respective minds (elephants' minds for instance) and that our minds, and the mind of everything else, promotes natural laws - the ones we cannot yet see.

yeah... you could easily do something with that. without introducing a god, and religion, if you really want that. It just takes some imagination. And right now it seems to take a willingness walk against things that people say are desirable... Which is why I brought up the bit about limitations. Often we let what others cannot do and say everyone cannot or should not do form very strong limitations on what we try to do. And if we won't try, we obviously aren't going to succeed.

Personally I think part of the answer is in 'feelings - not from the standpoint of what one should try to attain or what one should try to get rid of, but from the standpoint of what one can learn about physics if one is really willing to bite the bullet and be 'objective' about what one is learning. And also interact rather than just go along for the ride. I think that subject is likely to be a very real tie-in to life's energies...

but none of that really goes to your core question... where did all this come from...
Old 06-03-2021, 08:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
but none of that really goes to your core question... where did all this come from...
Interestingly, that question never bothered me. I was and am more interesting in "what do I need to do now?", then maybe "why?".
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.