Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2021, 05:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Is this Forum exclusive to Spiritualist and Spiritist?
Of course not, BJ I love you dearly even though I tease you but only those who are one 'ist' or the other truly understand both 'isms' and have real-life experience. It's open to anyone to express a view but ask yourself this, if you would.

Do you think folk who were staunch adherents of some other religion - say Christians or LDS - would allow someone to tell them about their chosen religion when she or he has no connection with or understanding of other than academically?

I don't want to be unkind, and I say this with respect for you, but you really don't understand about survival beyond death and/or communication via mediumship, the fundamentals of Modern Spiritualism and Spiritism.

No matter how many historical facts and details may be of interest to academics, when it comes to helping someone bereaved in a practical way they have zero importance. Spiritualists and Spiritists actually know and understand what truly matters.
Old 31-05-2021, 07:08 AM
Master
It surely sounds like you are saying this Forum is exclusive to Spiritualist and Spiritist. At least the arguments you put forth seem to indicate that.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-05-2021, 07:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
You're trying to teach gran to suck eggs, my lad.... You do make me chuckle though

That saying made me chuckle, I haven't heard it for a long time
Reminds me of another ' Are you trying to teach your Father how to make children '.
Old 31-05-2021, 09:23 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
It surely sounds like you are saying this Forum is exclusive to Spiritualist and Spiritist. At least the arguments you put forth seem to indicate that.

Bless you, BJ

I know we're separated by a common language as GBS put it but I feel sure I haven't ever said what you're suggesting. And my arguments are as always clear, well-balanced and to the point but I guess you're just not persuaded by this one. no matter....

Enjoy your Memorial Day and the eternal desert sunshine on your bit of the I-10. Celebrate with a virtual Bud with me at your lunch, my evening, and I'll be toasting you.

Looks like being around 100 today in PHX, a few degrees less where you are. phew!!!
Old 31-05-2021, 09:25 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
That saying made me chuckle, I haven't heard it for a long time
Reminds me of another ' Are you trying to teach your Father how to make children '.

I like yours! I'm fond of pithy sayings.
Old 31-05-2021, 01:09 PM
Master
I have a close friend who was an interpreter for Swami Muktananda, who called her a "saint" and is also a Sufi. She is the only one whom I know personally who completely recalls the process of her physical birth (something that I cannot do) and it corresponds completely to what I have learned at Spiritist meetings in discussions on Kardec's book.

In addition, I attended a lecture at the United Nations Enlightenment Society (December 2019 just before the pandemic struck full blast) given by Dr. Sergio Thiesen (a Brazilian medical doctor/cardiologist, a physicist, and a Spiritist). He gave us the exact same presentation that he had previously given to the World Psychiatric Association in Jerusalem earlier that month. I still have his presentation. It really resonated with me and that was my first exposure to Spiritism and what prompted me to explore Spiritism more. Since then, I have attended Spiritist meetings initially in person and subsequently via zoom for obvious reasons. I am not a Spiritist but I have learned some very interesting things from Spiritists as everyone has something of value to share.

This is an interesting thread.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally, Spiritualist did not believe in Reincarnation for obvious reasons. There are still some who do not believe in Reincarnation, also for obvious reasons. For those Spiritualists who believe in Reincarnation, their beliefs seem to be very similar to Spiritist beliefs with a few nuances.

Although I am not a Spiritualist and have not attended any Spiritualist meetings (just Spiritist meetings), your point of view seems to be consistent with what I am reading. It does appear that at least some Spiritualists do not deny reincarnation.

A BBC documentary skirts the issue with carefully chosen words but it seems consistent with the point that you made.

EXCERPT:

Spiritualism and reincarnation

Spiritualism differs from many ideas of reincarnation in that a spirit being can work to improve itself while remaining in the spirit world; it doesn't have to return to the material world to improve.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/relig...tworld_1.shtml
Old 03-06-2021, 04:40 AM
Master
One of the interesting themes of Spiritism is "the nature, origin, and destiny of spirits, and their relation with the corporeal world" which in of itself is an interesting subject.

In many ways, Spiritism seemed to came on the scene where Spiritualism 'left off'. The investigation of Mediums seemed to be their forte along with extra classifications as to what constitutes what is a Medium.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:34 AM
I guess I missed some posts - I didn't realize that Brazil was so interested in Spiritism..makes sense
since Chico Xavier was from there! I did just order a book by or about Mr. Kardic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-06-2021, 05:53 AM
Master
Chico Xavier helped to reframe what is a Medium while at the same time defining Spiritism as a Mediumship religion.
I find it intriguing that Brazil became a hub for Spiritism.

Closed Thread