Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 26-06-2019, 01:27 PM
Deactivated Account
We are all starchildren.

Everyone is. You, me, and even the biggest morons of the past such as Hitler and Stalin.

Just to be clear, no... I'm not refering to that new age nonsense about highly advanced beings/aliens in human form. Sorry, but that's got to be one of the biggest idiocy I've ever heard off.

Let me be precise: When massive stars go supernova, they create many of the elements of the periodic table, some of which are known as the building blocks of life and make up the human body such as oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, and hydrogen. Nearly all the elements in the human body were made in a star and a lot of them came from exploding stars.

Although most of us live only up to about 80 years old, technically we are much older because we have stuff in us that's about as old as the universe itself. So there you have it, we are all adorable pieces of walking stardust given life.

Truth is, we don't need a god to feel special. The fact that no god created us but that we came from the stars makes the existence of life even more of a miracle than as if it was created by a god.
Old 26-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Master
I got quite a high score on the star child quiz as well, damn.

What about all this dark matter, the field and holographic universe business. I'm no expert on it, and I probably won't be able to quote things back to you from it, but when I first looked into it, it made sense to me.
Old 26-06-2019, 06:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Its quite a lovely premise tbh, you know, all of us coming from the same star dust...
and how beautiful to know that a star gave up it's light/life so I could exist.

Optics aside,at the end of the day, we are all the same substance; atoms, basically solidifying philosophical theories on Oneness and never being separated from each other no matter how far or different we are, were all essentially the same substance

We are all on our own individual soul path. For some of us it includes, 'God', others it doesn't, not worshiping a God doesn't minimize our spiritual growth nor experiences.

A really great book I recommend is Holographic Universes by Michael Talbot. He gets into the theories of physics and possible holographic universes. A lot of the theories he references in the book were actually written by one of Eisenstein's protegee but at that time, the ideas were too extreme so they were never fully published to the public. I like this book because it gets into all spiritual experiences too like the Chakra systems, energy, theories on sound. Its a really fascinating book. The author mysteriously died of the flu before he could revise and create a second book :)
Old 26-06-2019, 07:33 PM
Master
I now have that Moby song stuck in my head again.

"We're All Made of Stars".

What if (just a what if) God created the universe and the universe created us? Wouldn't that mean God created us by default?

Not saying God does/not exist or anything like that, just hypothesizing what may be the case just IF He did, you know?

Like Clover said, belief in God is a personal thing...usually preceded by a "Hi, I'm God... remember me? long time no see..."

Yes, we are all Star Children...constructed with His essence, animated through His Grace.

I don't need a God to feel special, but I am special because of God...He called me His "special one" last time we spoke...but I bet He says that to all the girls. :P
Old 26-06-2019, 08:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I got quite a high score on the star child quiz as well, damn.

What about all this dark matter, the field and holographic universe business. I'm no expert on it, and I probably won't be able to quote things back to you from it, but when I first looked into it, it made sense to me.

I did one of those tests as well out of mere boredom. Guess what, I also scored pretty high. But the result meant absolutely nothing to me. It's easy for some people to be fooled into believing they're more special than others because of a little test like that (not refering to you, though).

What do you mean with the holographic universe? I haven't heard of that theory before.
Old 26-06-2019, 08:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I did one of those tests as well out of mere boredom. Guess what, I also scored pretty high. But the result meant absolutely nothing to me. It's easy for some people to be fooled into believing they're more special than others because of a little test like that (not refering to you, though).

What do you mean with the holographic universe? I haven't heard of that theory before.
What is wrong with believing you are more special than you are? Wouldn't that imply I don't know how special I am?...and yet I do...weird that..but you should try it sometimes..not as scary as you think..
Old 26-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I now have that Moby song stuck in my head again.

"We're All Made of Stars".

What if (just a what if) God created the universe and the universe created us? Wouldn't that mean God created us by default?

Not saying God does/not exist or anything like that, just hypothesizing what may be the case just IF He did, you know?

Like Clover said, belief in God is a personal thing...usually preceded by a "Hi, I'm God... remember me? long time no see..."

Yes, we are all Star Children...constructed with His essence, animated through His Grace.

I don't need a God to feel special, but I am special because of God...He called me His "special one" last time we spoke...but I bet He says that to all the girls. :P

I guess that's also possible, although extremely unlikely due to a lack of evidence and I think it's best to stick with facts rather than 'what ifs' until they are proven to be facts. To me, the real 'god' is the universe itself. It both creates and destroys indiscriminately and doesn't care about it's creation because it has no feelings, emotions, or a consciousness. I wouldn't even call it god, but it's obviously the closest real thing to what we could refer to as god.
Old 26-06-2019, 09:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
What is wrong with believing you are more special than you are? Wouldn't that imply I don't know how special I am?...and yet I do...weird that..but you should try it sometimes..not as scary as you think..

There's nothing special about me or any of us. Even though we descend from the stars, so has all other lifeforms and literally everything else we can see around us. It's merely a human desire to feel special. For example, a man would think of himself as someone of great importance when having children, but the truth is that he's nothing more than just some ordinary guy who got a girl pregnant.
Old 26-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Master
This is a 30 minute interview with Michael Talbot, there's also a longer version, audio only I think.

https://youtu.be/6rgYz_BU2Ew

I also watched a program on YouTube, it's in four parts, titled The Holographic Universe.

Something you mentioned in your previous post about not feeling special. If I can just put a question to you. I don't need to know the answer. Even though you don't feel special, were you made to feel special when growing up, was it filled with love and care I mean. As I said, please don't put the answer here.
Old 26-06-2019, 10:47 PM
Master
Ps The Field by Lynne McTaggart was the other thing.