Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-03-2021, 12:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
In French the word work, travailler, meaning comes from being tortured.

Our relation to work is slowly changing to being in action.

we also have the book of job, (read as work here).

also, god said early in the bible he was going to curse the man by making him 'work'.
Old 27-03-2021, 12:55 AM
Master

Didn't know about the etymology of "travailler". Interesting ... (!)
From Middle French travailler, from Old French traveillier (“to suffer”), from Vulgar Latin *tripaliāre, present active infinitive of *tripaliō (“to torture; to toil, labor”), from *tripalium (“torture instrument”), from Latin tripālis (“having three stakes”).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 27-03-2021, 09:41 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
One's "unnecessary or ill-directed effort" is another's necessary and well-directed effort, isn't it? Even in cases that seem absolutely obvious.
As you say, absolutely obvious. Just a shame that so few people apply it when "directing" their energies!

Quote:
"Management Scientist" is also a funny description, to me.

The two go well together
Like it or not, that was his Job Title and aim, that aim being to quantify work done, collect data on it, apply it when organising production.
(Something I know about tangentially from my parents. As a freelance I have only my own work to organise but the rationale behind it helps particularly now with the precariousness of work. One can be one's own boss - or a surf. I know which I prefer. What I do see of offices is much work is 'made up' to keep people busy...unnecessary, contributes nothing to the objectives of the outfit.)
Old 27-03-2021, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
One can be one's own boss - or a surf.
Just to clarify, for anyone that might be confused - I assume you meant 'serf', ie a slave?
Old 27-03-2021, 02:10 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Just to clarify, for anyone that might be confused - I assume you meant 'serf', ie a slave?

Oh goodness me! Thank you for the correction! What a mistake.

Yes, I think of employees as serfs with fancy job titles. Once, they had to work to be able to live; now they have to work to service their debt while trying to live. I don't think of it as a derogatory word.

Nice to see you about again. Hope you're well and coping with lockdown. At least spring round the corner is something to lift the spirits and the clocks changing tomorrow.
Bests,
L
Old 27-03-2021, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Oh goodness me! Thank you for the correction! What a mistake.

Yes, I think of employees as serfs with fancy job titles. Once, they had to work to be able to live; now they have to work to service their debt while trying to live. I don't think of it as a derogatory word.

Nice to see you about again. Hope you're well and coping with lockdown. At least spring round the corner is something to lift the spirits and the clocks changing tomorrow.
Bests,
L
No worries, it's easily done! Hope you're well and coping with lockdown too (I'm fine, thanks), and yep, looking forward to the longer days and warmer weather