Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-09-2016, 06:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Spirit Binding

So I know contracting with spirits is a thing, and I know about binding spirits to objects. I, however, need to know about something similar with many added possible risks and advantages.

I know that spirits can be contracted and bound to a person.

I burned some incense yesterday and meditated with it, praying to the spirits and deities that might hear me. I asked for help in unlocking my potential as a magus and as a maker of seals and runes. In hopes of reaching this goal, I asked for wisdom. Specifically, I asked for Thoth to grant me wisdom, but it was a request open to other spirits as well. It ended up that when I let down my barriers, I almost instantly lost the feeling of connection I had, and malicious energies attempted to influence me instead; this prompted me to end the 'ritual'.

As of tonight, though, a spirit contacted me. The way I visualized him was as a man in strange garb wearing a fox mask that covers half of his face (nose to forehead, like a masquerade mask). He identified himself as a Tribal god of the hunt and of lesser powers, naming himself Kemuit. He says he is answering my previous call for knowledge by offering to be my guide and teach me more about spiritual matters and abilities. My only suspicions come from his request that I make a contract which will bind him spiritually to me in return for his guidance. He says his name is different between different tribal religions and not many remember him, but I looked him up anyway. I have yet to find his name.

Should I trust this apparent lesser deity and make the deal, or should I turn him away? He has given me time to consider his offer before he asks me again.
Old 13-09-2016, 07:38 AM
Ascender

As the nature of my growth could be considered along the same lines, and that I am at a point of fruition where though I am still at place where things have not pulled together, but that is so occurring; and to the extent that I cannot deny my own wisdom-- As much as I tried to remain skeptical, eventually the nature of my lesson became all encompassing to the world as it is in an entire different way--

That being said, I can only provide testimony that this is basically how can happen--

My tips to you would be, the ability to allow him to expand in your view; even as a lesser being, he can show you the same things of the greater being he is of; but that, as idk to what degree of what path he is, there is definitely a certain point where his knowledge becomes a cap--

That is, when he reaches the teachings that he has not moved beyond, unless he was trained specifically, he has no context in which to teach his greatest lessons to offer; because though what he shares my seem true, that the lessons beyond it may alter the view, a view that if not carefully given might cause issues moving beyond it; getting caught up in the knowledge of it, rather than the lesson of it from which the words could can not so subtly point to--

Also that, a lesser being is capable of reaching a higher consciousness within himself; and so that transcendent teachings can emerge, gifted not only by the teacher, but by the teachings who came to him for you--

Such a call you made, if you made it sincere; and his been answered in the slightest-- Than it is all to late to warn you about your call-- Because regardless the nature of the being in front of you, you have called to purge yourself of the darkness-- And so that is exactly what arrives, the dark itself--

And while I will tell you right now that there is no such spirit against you, such information is useless to the one who is going in and must wrestle such a notion out of himself--

Allow yourself to be confused before you mistrust the teacher, and that this may feel like; for a long time you are taking his words--

But if I have a thousand upon thousands piece jigsaw puzzle in more dimensions that you can count; it can be quite easy for a puzzle piece with no place to freak you out-- I mean, as this influences you and you know this; you may become more sensitive to the conditions of trust between you two and that moment to moment you are skeptical as to any of its truth to beholding the glory of what is coming together--

For me, once it began I had no choice-- I was not offered to be taught, but told what was going to happen, what my role is here, that I didn't have to do anything, and that I would not believe until it was time--

I think it might be nicer as a choice; as I experienced mine as confusion as to whether I had reached spiritual practice, or finally lost my way with no way home-- This was intense, there was extreme distrust in who taught me--
But at the end of the day, if such a thing were not trust worthy; than I would not trust the most beautiful declaration of a destiny so beautiful and so full in nature, that I would deny the one thing that every made absolute complete sense to me in every way on every subject on everyone-- It is nothing less than absolutely cosmic, the perspective I am speaking from would not be understood by most no matter how much I expressed it-- All I can do is be me and relate to you from it though, so I hope this helps--
Old 13-09-2016, 08:02 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for that answer, firstandlast!

I think I understood what you were trying to say. I am considering the things you said, and they make a lot of sense; however, I am going to continue to weigh whether or not I can trust this spirit for a few days. I hope to speak to more people on this website and in my small circle of spiritualists irl before making a concrete decision.

Since I see a binding contract as a big deal--no matter the pros or cons--I want to make sure I think hard on this before acting.
Old 13-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Ascender
Binding spirits to an object does not trap the spirit. It's a connection. A homing signal so they can find you and let's them know when you want to talk. Contracts are a bit different because it's linking the spirit to your soul. Actually most spirit guides have contracts so it's not such a huge deal. But it depends on the type of spirit and the type of contract. Generally there are light and dark contracts used by light and dark spirits but they can also use the opposite contract if it suits them. For example dark guides and dark guardians will use light contracts.

Light contracts are voluntary and can be ended at any time by either side. Dark contracts are power based where one side is master and the other servant. They are usually started voluntarily (not always) but can only be ended by the master. Both sides benefit from any contract. The student/servant learns and is made stronger by the master. The master gets a servant but also any energy given to the student/servant is also reflected back to the master making him or her stronger.

I've had contracts like that so feel free to ask questions. In your case are you able to tell the nature of the entity or are you just going by what he tells you? The name you mentioned is a trickster spirit (that should be obvious from the fox mask anyway) so proceed with caution. They can be good teachers if your up to the challenge but don't expect it to be easy.