Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-06-2016, 02:04 AM
Suspended
For sad couple "not understand" each other they match and their departure happen when true understanding with each other.(negative education)
Old 12-06-2016, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalinikid

Thanks for the throw back. One of my favorites
Old 12-06-2016, 02:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Moonglow,

To believe is to follow the changes and not to believe is you make the changes.

Both are equally good as long it fix your will and taste. Nothing is wrong to any pattern.

Hi Jeremy Bong,

Can agree either way can work.

Sometimes to not believe can perhaps be one just does not know.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
"What is believed is just merely a belief, until it becomes known and no longer believed". - Necro

Hi The Nacromancer,

This seems familiar.

Can see that there may be a difference between believing something and knowing something.

Much like can hear about something and believe it's true, but may not know what it is until it is experienced or lived.

Playing wth this ask if one does not believe it, can one know it?

I don't know, perhaps one can lead to another until one just knows and there is no more need to convince the mind to believe in it, it is just known. Seems this is what the quote is pointing to.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:58 AM
Master
Quote:
For sad couple "not understand" each other they match and their departure happen when true understanding with each other.(negative education)

Hi Jremy Bong,

Wonder if true understanding of another leads to division.
Perhaps it can if each expects another to follow his/her ways and no other.
Just a thought.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Just an added thought

If we(in general) as a Human race just accepted each one as a fellow Being with all of our beliefs how much would the world as we live here in it change for us?

Beliefs are what divides mankind into separate sects, and that division breeds conflict, and it's all made seemingly substantial through symbols and affirmed and reaffirmed through rituals, which people give great importance to.

When a person isn't thinking of their belief, can it be said that they believe it, or is it only believed at times when it is thought of in the mind?
Old 12-06-2016, 04:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Jremy Bong,

Wonder if true understanding of another leads to division.
Perhaps it can if each expects another to follow his/her ways and no other.
Just a thought.
Dear friend Moonglow,

I know you're talking to Jeremy and I'm yet to give response to that question asked of me - which I will in due course.

From our own limited perception, we tend to choose the beliefs which are most in line with our personal cognitive bias, interpretation and bilateral awareness.

I'll actually answer your question asked of me at the same time here.

There was a time, not so long ago when I didn't know what to believe in, but I knew what I didn't believe in.

People tried to sell me their belief systems, but they were somehow incongruent with my own 'core of understanding' even though I didn't know what that was.

Through a lot of personal trials and turmoils, I reconnected with an old belief I had that sustained me for many years. I felt comfortable and secure within it - I still follow it.

Since discovering this, I've had others tell me that my beliefs are 'false' and 'wrong' and that somehow made theirs all 'right' and justified it within their own minds...my belief went way beyond the mind.

In the end, my 'id' kicked in and sorta went "this is me...who I am...what I believe in...it's not going to change now because I just found it again...I am not going back into spiritual oblivion by denying it anymore...so I am sorry...very sorry...but you can kiss my...."

Yeah, so I was told I am 'closed off' and 'intolerant' and 'stubborn'....some people just don't get it, do they?

So that's when I went...heck, this is something I don't just believe in, this is something I know deep inside with all my heart and soul and nothing can change it because it always has been and always will be.

I base all of it according to an old saying from my childhood...I forget the exact thing and who wrote it, but it kind of goes like this: "If you think or believe I am far away from you...it was you who moved, not I".
Old 12-06-2016, 04:31 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Moonglow,

To believe is to follow the changes and not to believe is you make the changes.

Both are equally good as long it fix your will and taste. Nothing is wrong to any pattern.

Necro,

Moonglow answers either way will do.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Beliefs are what divides mankind into separate sects, and that division breeds conflict, and it's all made seemingly substantial through symbols and affirmed and reaffirmed through rituals, which people give great importance to.

When a person isn't thinking of their belief, can it be said that they believe it, or is it only believed at times when it is thought of in the mind?

Hi Gem,

You present an interesting question.

Which for me may be the crux of the belief philosophy or view.
If beliefs are just what is thought to be, then as thoughts may change and seem so varied, so are beliefs.

In and of itself, seems it is being just what it is being and what I may believe it to be or not seems to matter only in the sense how I may relate to it or not, IMO.

Kind of like taking a walk about a place, could think about what each and every thing is or just enjoy the scenery and take it from there.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Dear friend Moonglow,

I know you're talking to Jeremy and I'm yet to give response to that question asked of me - which I will in due course.

From our own limited perception, we tend to choose the beliefs which are most in line with our personal cognitive bias, interpretation and bilateral awareness.

I'll actually answer your question asked of me at the same time here.

There was a time, not so long ago when I didn't know what to believe in, but I knew what I didn't believe in.

People tried to sell me their belief systems, but they were somehow incongruent with my own 'core of understanding' even though I didn't know what that was.

Through a lot of personal trials and turmoils, I reconnected with an old belief I had that sustained me for many years. I felt comfortable and secure within it - I still follow it.

Since discovering this, I've had others tell me that my beliefs are 'false' and 'wrong' and that somehow made theirs all 'right' and justified it within their own minds...my belief went way beyond the mind.

In the end, my 'id' kicked in and sorta went "this is me...who I am...what I believe in...it's not going to change now because I just found it again...I am not going back into spiritual oblivion by denying it anymore...so I am sorry...very sorry...but you can kiss my...."

Yeah, so I was told I am 'closed off' and 'intolerant' and 'stubborn'....some people just don't get it, do they?

So that's when I went...heck, this is something I don't just believe in, this is something I know deep inside with all my heart and soul and nothing can change it because it always has been and always will be.

I base all of it according to an old saying from my childhood...I forget the exact thing and who wrote it, but it kind of goes like this: "If you think or believe I am far away from you...it was you who moved, not I".

Hi The Nacromancer,

You bring to mind owning up to what is mine and letting what is for another be for that other.

Don't feel beliefs in and of themselves are harmful or not, until they are acted out. Just thoughts,IMO.

Now when something seems to come along that goes beyond or there seems no thought on my part made it occur, then it does confirm for me that there is a truth there and a presence.

There also the sense of perhaps feeling threatened for some. IMO, if there is knowing, then what is a thret to it. Sure some can agree or share in it or not, but whether they do or not does not seem to change what is known deep down.
Just the way it gets understood or not.