Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-07-2021, 02:15 AM
Experiencer
advice on raising a psychic child?

Does anyone have experience raising psychic children? My son is 8 and has been describing episodes of sleep paralysis to me for at least a year now. Tonight he told me in detail about a psychic vision he had while at school yesterday. He said he has had this happen two other times in the past couple of weeks. He only mentioned it because the one he had yesterday shook him.

He was on a bus for a field trip and started seeing this vision. At the end there was a scene that was terrifying, and he started talking in his physical body. His friend was sitting beside him and shook him out of it.

But it gets worse. So my poor child naturally just believed that everyone else saw what happened, too. And the other kid apparently got really freaked out about it. "He said I was just staring straight ahead with my eyes wide open and then I started talking and was almost crying."

I told him sometimes people can sleep with their eyes open and asked if he was sure it wasn't a dream. He said, no--he could feel his feet on the sidewalk. It definitely felt (even physically) like he was somewhere else.

Okay, so I asked if he slept well the night before or if he had played too hard during the morning before he got on the bus. Did he eat enough? Drink enough water? Everything was normal.

I have a graduate degree (and 10 years of experience) in a science field, so I understand mental illness is a consideration and am closely and continuously observing for any red flags surrounding that. And there aren't any. He is a happy, kind, well-adjusted, and bright kid.

My abilities started to develop when I was younger than him, but I never had visions that strong until I was a teenager and I feel like that helped me to be better prepared for them. I want him to "fit in" as well as possible with the other kids. I shield my kids very well from metaphysical talk for that sole purpose. Yet somehow it seems to have crept in anyway.

So I gave him a pep talk and told him those same kind of things happen to me sometimes and he can always tell me about it and ask any questions that come to his mind. I told him it's probably better not to tell his friends at school about it and if that happens again and everyone is asking what happened he should just try to laugh it off. (Insert big shrug and a question mark here...)

I have absolutely no idea what to do, but I do know I want to be the very best parent I can be. I would have LOVED to have any grown-up to give me advice about this when I was his age... I hope by being that for my son I can spare him a lot of the confusion, hurt, and isolation I have endured.

Any advice on ways to approach these conversations? I'm trying to think of what I would have benefitted from in a mentor/confidante at that age. Would any of you care to share your ideas?

Thank you.
Old 23-07-2021, 04:23 AM
Master
I’ve learned the best conversations are those started and explored by the child. If you initiate the opening as you’ve done, where he knows he can talk and share about anything, then he can open freely. The best advice for children’s process is acknowledgement and curiosity. You let him teach you. Your curiosity let’s him be the story teller, the experiencer. If he needs support in other ways where he needs tools you can source them and give him summer choices. Most often the conversation will close when they have enough to move through and on.

He’s still in sensory stage so it’s all about feelings, in the next twelve months to two years he’ll build through reasoning.

Acknowledge children where their age stage resides is probably the best you can do fir them. Building understanding through feelings and yours together.

Conversations about visions can build awareness in feeling to understand how emotions can create the picture. And with those changing emotions the visions change too.

Many adults reconnect later on to these experiences to heal and build a more expansive understanding of how life really can be and is. And to grow through them for self awareness.

Your son can do that now through his own explorations with you. Just get really neutral and chilled about it, I wouldn’t make it into something other then what he experiences.

Last edited by JustBe : 23-07-2021 at 06:43 AM.
Old 23-07-2021, 10:06 AM
Administrator
Your son needs to learn how to open up to spirit and to close down. he is to open. give him a journal where he can write things down as they happen.
Never tell him you dont believe him give him support.
I was the same at his age but i had my Grandmother who understood me.

Why dont you try to meditate and ask for help from your guide. my guide taught me,
My daughter was just like your son i asked her guide to let her grow up,until she was ready to deal with it,

Taking your son to a spiritulist church might also help they could teach him the correct way/
but you can close the door for your son, just Visulise a double door way in your third eye. when it is open he can speak to spirit when it is closed they leave him alone.
see if that helps.

Namaste
Old 23-07-2021, 12:52 PM
Master
Hello,

Your son is at that self discovery stage. It is best to shift your thinking about this from shielding him to encouraging these experiences as an adventure. Being confused is part of the solution. It is not a negative thing.

I would encourage him to connect with his spiritual guides. Remind him he is an immortal spiritual being in the body and mind of an 8 year old boy. That he is far more prepared for his psychic experiences than he can imaging. With your support and wisdom he will be just fine.

Confidence is self is what he needs to have. The unknown is always frightening. When he confronts what he fears he becomes self empowered.

Best Wishes,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-07-2021, 04:37 PM
Legrand

I remember, from my parents telling me latter :), when I was one year old, my mother asked my father to give me his benediction (a french catholic thing), and my father answered her, we are not pure enough to give him our benediction, he is the one who should give us a benediction.

So on my one year old birthday, both my parents where kneeling up before me to ask for my benediction. I do not remember how it felt then, but with time it certainly had an effect on me receiving such respect from my parents.

Regards
Old 23-07-2021, 07:15 PM
Master

raising a psychic kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
Any advice on ways to approach these conversations? Would any of you care to share your ideas?

Some of the ideas i can think about .
1. To keep him engaged in a good sports .
2. To accompany him in his studies .
3. To exhort him to do activities requiring close attention.
4. Always be considerate /passionate for any odd experiences u may face.
5. Have constant loving emphatic communication with him
6. Tell stories at night (8 year own boy would love that)
7. To share such experiences with good teachers to make them aware about such incidents so they can keep a good vigil on him and be considerate with him.
Old 23-07-2021, 07:24 PM
Legrand

Hi Hitesh,

Nice advice, not sure about the last one about telling the teachers, unless one feels they can understand such things...

My humble opinion.
Old 24-07-2021, 08:07 AM
Master

Sharing with teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
telling the teachers, unless one feels they can understand such things...
While it is difficult to find teachers who understand such things, it's not impossible.After parents teachers are the one who stay more in touch with kid.A good passionate teacher will always try to hone his /her pupil's skill from the place he /she is. Sharing any known issue of kid with such teacher can only help.

This is my understanding.
Old 24-07-2021, 01:24 PM
Experiencer
Thank you, everyone. After reading your responses, I feel much better about how I handled it. It caught me off guard, being the first time this has ever happened. I wasn't prepared, though I should have been. And as he was describing the vision, I could also very clearly see what he saw.

I was telling a friend about it and said (of parenting in this situation), "I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm just winging it." And she said, "That's all parenting really is."