Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-04-2021, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Is it possible that you chose a lifetime far from those you regard as your own people in order to learn different lessons? It would have made you adapt to living in circumstances outside your comfort zone.
That is indeed a distinct possibility. During my current life, I traveled to almost 50 countries on my own (without a tour) precisely so that I could explore "living (albeit temporarily) in circumstances outside your comfort zone". Certainly, a life selection could be made for similar reasons, as you duly indicated in your post.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:40 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I remember being born and not wanting it. some say you choose your parents i totally disagree with that.
i would never have choosen mine and from a small child i have always said,
I am in the wrong country i should be with my own people in America,
Sorry but I can't help myself here. It's often considered as something of a taboo subject, but have you ever thought of yourself as being an Old Soul? What you're saying here is pretty much a 'classic' Old Soul kind of thing to say.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:04 AM
Administrator
Yes i am a very old soul i have Lived many life times seen many things i knew of at least 5 of my past lives. but when i used to go to the Healing sanctury the guide of the lead medium there said i had two more than the 5 that i could remember.
i know what 5 of my past lives were but the one that surprised me when he said I was a high priestess.

Namaste
Old 08-04-2021, 08:32 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Yes i am a very old soul i have Lived many life times seen many things i knew of at least 5 of my past lives. but when i used to go to the Healing sanctury the guide of the lead medium there said i had two more than the 5 that i could remember.
i know what 5 of my past lives were but the one that surprised me when he said I was a high priestess.
Yeah that figures because you have that 'vibe' about you. Sometimes people being at odds with themselves and their lives and everything in it is the giveaway. Apparently Old Souls don't fully integrate into this level of existence, and that can cause some internal dissonance in their vibrations - just what you've been experiencing.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:09 PM
Administrator
I can understand that but i know i now walk my final path i wont be back.

Namaste
Old 09-04-2021, 12:13 PM
Master
Quote:
There are no inner pressures pulling me back either. I am pretty sure that "I won't be back" though one can never really predict the future.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Eventually, as one purifies one's self and inner pressures (that manifest in dreams) subside as they are addressed, the mundane dreams also subside. (Dream-like revelations and visions may still occur.)

As you indicated, "even in a lucid dream your actions have consequences for the psyche", but .......those consequences end as one goes deeper and resolves those inner pressures.

I have not read the thread in full but this just caught my eye.

Still_Waters, can you speak more on resolving inner pressures? How would you describe this please?

Thank you.

PS I personally like my night dreams, (does anyone else feel it is like watching a movie?), but do understand that for some, dreams cease over time.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
I have not read the thread in full but this just caught my eye.
Still_Waters, can you speak more on resolving inner pressures? How would you describe this please?
When one practices conscious sleep, one aspect of it is that one can watch dream formation from start to finish as in a lucid dream.

In Tibetan Buddhism, it is said that the process of going to sleep and the process of becoming (either in dreams or in the so-called 'waking' state that is not really 'awake') parallels the process of dying.

By watching dreams, one's inner pressures are revealed for that is what triggers dreams
- some dreams are obvious
- some dreams are symbolic
- some dreams are unconscious pressures of which one may not be aware

Dreams bring those pressures into the realm of awareness so that they can be addressed. As those levels of pressures are addressed, those type of dreams subside.

Eventually, one gets dream-like revelations that are of a totally different nature and cannot really be called dreams despite their dream-like nature.

Tibetan Buddhists believe that, when all inner pressures are addressed, one can see clearly and , at that point, one can see clearly and choose wisely from myriads of rebirth possibilities at the time of physical death. The practice is commonly called "dying before death".
Old 10-04-2021, 08:51 PM
Master

Thank you very much - very grateful for the information Perhaps I should pay more attention to my dreams.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:33 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Likewise, or so I've been told. Now there's just a feeling of letting it all go until...