Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 25-04-2021, 06:22 PM
Knower
What are the image-size restrictions on SF?

So, recently I had some images removed because they were "too big." However, I had to search these pages to find any reference to what is an acceptible size by pixels (no information on file-size limits).

My suggestion would be for either a pinned thread just on what is allowed for image sizes (and that all admin/mods are aware of those same limits) or that y'all modify the software here to automatically resize all images to whatever y'all deem "just right"

The following is the sole reference I found in this section of the site:

Quote:
Dan_SF
Most Phones are taking High Quality images with (if camera is 5 megapixel) 2560 x 1920 in (pixel/points) size.

So you will need to lower the Size of the image for 30% (768x576 pixel).
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...ghlight=images

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if only to avoid having images deleted without prior notice
Old 25-04-2021, 06:34 PM
Hi, Until an Admin sees this...Rule of Thumb: if it is enormous...like,
distorting the entire page...it's too big!...Esp now, when the Admin is even asking to
please, reduce the size of the quote boxes to a couple sentences.
I betcha at the beginning when the Rules were made 2006, and Matt was alive...size didn't matter.

And, ps, you're not doing anything bad ...it's just the way this forum is right now.
I love seeing huge chocolate cakes!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-04-2021, 06:44 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, Until an Admin sees this...Rule of Thumb: if it is enormous...like,
distorting the entire page...it's too big!...Esp now, when the Admin is even asking to
please, reduce the size of the quote boxes to a couple sentences.
I betcha at the beginning when the Rules were made 2006, and Matt was alive...size didn't matter.

And, ps, you're not doing anything bad ...it's just the way this forum is right now.
I love seeing huge chocolate cakes!
The thing is, "enormous" doesn't help for telling me what is too big. My computer monitor is 27 inches. The images I posted were small on its screen. They also weren't truly enormous because on this screen that would have been if I had used their original sizes which measured 4,000 by 3,000 in pixels (I don't know what that is in inches or centimetres; photographs are generally only measured in pixels).

I guess until an admin weighs in with something official, I'll use the image-size I discovered in that quoted post. The edited and re-posted image I put into the message should have been fine as its dimensions were 667 x 500 pixels.
Old 25-04-2021, 06:58 PM
So you're page was not distorted? What I mean is - you didn't have to scroll
left and right to see each post on that page cuz of the picture or chart?
(Btw, it's not just me...others have commented in the past.)
Thanks

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-04-2021, 07:07 PM
Master

Rule of thumb: a picture shouldn't be wider than 1/4 to 1/3 of your screen width. If it needs to be bigger to show details, post a link to a bigger size. Use common-sense.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 25-04-2021, 07:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Rule of thumb: a picture shouldn't be wider than 1/4 to 1/3 of your screen width. If it needs to be bigger to show details, post a link to a bigger size. Use common-sense.
Again, that's not a good enough guide. My monitor is 27 inches in the diagonal (that's 68.6 cm for metric). I need actual numbers to know what is too big for everyone else.

Also, on what kind of device is the size an issue? I can see it being a problem on a phone, but not a tablet and above. 667 x 500 pixels isn't too big for even the smallest of tablets out there.
Old 26-04-2021, 12:42 AM
Master

You make it harder than it is ... Look around to what others do on this site. Try your 667x500; that seems okay.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-04-2021, 02:02 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You make it harder than it is ... Look around to what others do on this site. Try your 667x500; that seems okay.
Except that I did just that and it also got deleted.

I'm not making it hard. I'm requesting that it be an exact amount. That's not hard. That's what is done for the avatar image we all use. The site has a set limit on size, whether by pixels or by file-size.

In fact, here's the text straight from that part of your control panel for editing your avatar image:

Quote:
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 24.4 KB (whichever is smaller).

The same could be set for images used throughout the site. But, I don't know programming and don't know the extent of the work needed to do that, only that it can be done.

A "rule of thumb" or "use common sense" isn't good enough. As I have said, I use a big monitor (screen resolution set to 1920x1080 pixels). Technically, by today's standards, it's a "medium" sized screen. I know plenty of photographers, gamers, and graphic artists who use much larger screens. That "rule of thumb" of sizing an image to 1/4 or 1/3 of the screen size would still be too large for the current objection to "huge" images.
Old 26-04-2021, 02:08 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So you're page was not distorted? What I mean is - you didn't have to scroll
left and right to see each post on that page cuz of the picture or chart?
(Btw, it's not just me...others have commented in the past.)
Thanks
Not even in the slightest.

If you read what I've posted here, you'll see that there's no way the images I originally posted would have been too large for this screen. If they had, I would have resized them immediately.

I am curious to know what size screen you're using or that of the ones commenting on this issue. Because it does seem to me like we need a set guideline of exact resolution numbers allowed in order to resolve this issue. The only alternative is that I just take a chance on losing images again from my posts until at some point, through trial and error (mostly error) I determine what size is just right for the majority
Old 26-04-2021, 02:16 AM
Hi, let's just say many of us are not on 27'' screens. :)
Lynn was busy today ...she'll comment when she can.
I got nothin'.