Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 24-06-2021, 08:38 PM
Master

Still Waters …

A rose by any other name …

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 25-06-2021, 12:07 PM
Master
QUOTE 363 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Still Waters … A rose by any other name …
Thank you, William (Shakespeare).
Old 28-06-2021, 12:57 PM
Master

Considerations Ninety …

Trifecta …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

All that I have written is considerably more about where you are heading rather than where you are at the moment. The mind is designed to be a more perfect trap than can be imagined … if for no other reason … we design our own mind to be our own worst enemy. The farther one goes into the mental beliefs and holdings … the tighter the entrapment … all with our complete acceptance and perpetuation.

Consider … just what would it take to completely persuade you to move beyond every mental belief you hold about yourself and the world(s) about you?

Eventually … you*will* reach that point … most probably in stages … and more often than not it will not be pretty / pleasant. There will often be discernible degrees of resignation and desperation. Again consider … when one exhausts the mental approach to understanding Life … what is one left with / where does on “go?” This is often *not* an agreeable place to be. Again … we learn from the “valleys” and not from the “hills.” I did not design the system and it is so designed … because it works.

Greater truth is always right In front of us and it is not a matter that we cannot see it … it is that we *will* not see it. We are blinded by our mental demands and designs. As so often stated … there is little to no way we can honestly perceive our entrapments unless or until we lift out of them and can then look back and acknowledge what has trapped us and why.

You dress your beliefs in a velvet disguise.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

People fight harder to stay where they are than to decidedly grow and move forward. This is the nature of mind … which hates change … and is something you will eventually address and conquer if you wish to discover and live within greater Truth.

Expansion of consciousness is just that … expansion. It is not absorption. It expands. It widens. It encompasses more depth or level than ones previous state of consciousness.

Growing is not learning more about where you are at present. We all spend many lifetime finding evidence to support any belief we currently hold … and this brings not only contentment but justification. By the upper end of the mental realms … we know how to rationalize … most anything.

Before one can determine truth - - he must know reality - - and the two are NOT the same. Reality is a first cause - - its understanding - - is truth.

The first step towards wisdom is calling a thing what it is.

A great question … do you wish to continue lifetime after lifetime where your own consciousness rules you … or do you wish to take up the discipline and effort where you rule your own consciousness? The easy way … is to continue where what you know and where that leads you … rather than learn how to discipline the designed tool / mind that has been given to all to do just what it does best … lead the person to basically be complacent and acceptant … and complaining about everything else.

The battle is always … do I step forward and take the risk in learning something truly new … clearly beyond my current state of consciousness. Most people wait … and wait … and wait again … lifetime after lifetime … waiting for the “new” to just come along and overwhelm … to wait for some “quickening” to wave a mysterious magic wand. But the bottom line is always to learn strength, courage, risk, and determination. An old precept from the deeper teachings states … one must *do* in order to *be* and not wit to “be” in order to “do.” Translation … take the risk … test it out … revise or proceed from there. See how it goes. Where does it lead. Set it in motion and see if it opens doors … those not previously noticed or seen. Do it quietly … individually. Most often … few will ever notice that you have launched into a new “quest.” Another expression of this very same principle … “Behave your way to success.”

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

When it comes time to truly confront our current belief system … it is much more a matter of letting go … not a matter of learning more. But it is *not* a matter of just letting go and becoming a mindless wanderer. And you just cannot let go without filling the void with something important.

A good example of this is the “I AM” statement. Many use this statement and then lead themselves blank … and try to lead a more mindless life … and this is a natural phase. Do you really believe the Fountainhead declares “I AM” and then doesn’t know how to go about creation? If you exist … you have been practicing “I AM … “ forever … and will continue to do so. Soul was not created to just float about in a thoughtless and unknowing state.

It isn't so much that so many people are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so. This … is the discovery that leads to a deeper penetration into greater Truth.

You switch from working with mind … to working by way of and through Divine Spirit. Using Divine Spirit as ones “methodology” is not widely taught … and is most often learned on he inner by way of very advanced individuals working on the Lower Psychic Worlds themselves and on up to the Soul Plane.

Do you really want to know the Great Truths … or do you want to know and live by common and popular viewpoints? Again … we *all* go through this. This is *not* a dictate. Mind will often consider it as such so it doesn’t even have to consider. All of these mental dance steps … we use on a daily basis. They are well-known and deeply ingrained. You will continue to use them as long as you make that choice.

Often … it comes down to … you do what you need to do … you do whatever it takes … to move beyond. The more strength and courage you draw up to make this step nudges you towards greater or lesses depth of success.

More Thursday.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Tidbit …

Sometimes … it’s much easier *not* to know things.

An old Kierkegaard statement … There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true … the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 28-06-2021, 02:17 PM
So many things always to comment on ...I have things to get to, tho.
But this:
''Everything man thinks goes inward and is reflected outwardly.
It returns to the outer world.
Therefore - - the conscious mind should be pure.''

Such a gem - or is it because I say this all the time!! LOL!
(a few min ago in 'Meditation, some answers', talked a bit about this again.
It is the key. Did I make that up? No.
And I am a work in progress...if it was compared to a battle, purity is winning...more than last year and the year before that.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-06-2021, 04:50 PM
Master
QUOTE 365 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Expansion of consciousness is just that … expansion. It is not absorption. It expands. It widens. It encompasses more depth or level than ones previous state of consciousness.

A good example of this is the “I AM” statement. Many use this statement and then lead themselves blank … and try to lead a more mindless life … Soul was not created to just float about in a thoughtless and unknowing state.
I also use the terminology "expansion of consciousness" to describe that which "encompasses more depth of level than one's previous state of consciousness".

BUT...

While there are indeed many who may use the "I AM" statement robotically to enter a "blank" somewhat trance-like state, there are also some (like Nisargadatta Maharaj and Ramana Maharshi) who have effectively used the "I AM statement to discover the expanded consciousness state of which you speak.

In that "unknowing state", one knows without thinking as in the Christian mystical classic, "The Cloud of Unknowing" and in the "not knowing" words of Zen Master Bodhidharma in response to questions by the Chinese Emperor Wu. Both Jesus and Krishna also have used the I AM statement though many of their followers often interpret that expression as referring to the individual Jesus/Krishna.

The following is a link to a website pointing out value of the I AM statement in the context of how it was used by Nisargadatta Maharaj and this is consistent with my own understanding of the use of the I AM statement. It can serve as a very powerful gateway to the expanded consciousness ... if used wisely.

https://acharyaprashant.medium.com/o...a-ee62bd3c1722

P.S. Your post seems to be a bit harsh on the use of the I AM statement. Please correct me if I have misunderstood what you wrote.
Old 28-06-2021, 05:21 PM
Master

My posts are read by the eyes of whatever the reader is using at the moment. There is a hairsbreadth of difference between “harsh” and something that an individual doesn’t wish to consider or goes against current stances. No … this is not directed towards anyone specific.

I have seen how the principle of “I AM” is put forward by various individuals on the board and what they profess or hope to gain by it. How the various religions and philosophy have spun this statement over the centuries is a study in itself.

That the people you named evidently discovered “the expanded state of consciousness of which I speak” … that’s a fascinating statement. We both know … and have stated … mind can certainly conjure up the sense that it is or is not … most anywhere one wishes to claim a position.

I have always tried to avoid the practice of claiming a person said this or that … and worse … *meant* this or that … unless or until I can speak to that individual directly. Reading values or claims into another’s words … has always been suspicious to me.

In the end … it seems as though many of our religions and philosophies are fabricated by what another *supposedly* said … and more … what those statements *supposedly* meant.

If you can somewhat accept that the religions and philosophies are where they are today because of this … then any individual can follow or steer away from doing this very thing according to what s/he hopes to discover.

One thing’s for sure … I have always found it incredibly fascinating how the mind loves to define and categorize … and claim this or that as a result. Even just watching the world news on a daily basis … there is *no* end to this amusement.

Nonetheless … on we go.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 29-06-2021, 12:03 PM
Master
QUOTE 368 EXCERPT:
Quote:
I have always tried to avoid the practice of claiming a person said this or that … and worse … *meant* this or that … unless or until I can speak to that individual directly. Reading values or claims into another’s words … has always been suspicious to me.
On that point, I completely agree ... and that is precisely why I observed and discussed such things in depth with my spiritual mentor of over 30 years ... in addition to watching closely how she lived her life in perfect integrity. (We became so close that I wrote the introduction to her meditation books.) However, since she avoided publicity (despite being featured in a book against her wishes in Living Saints of India), I used the references to Nisargadatta and Ramana since they are more widely known and said essentially the same thing.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:04 PM
Master

Con 1 … Forum Post 1 … general what-it’s-all-about blab
- - Con 2 … 2 … a bit of mind / energy discussion
CL 1 … Post 7 … Clarifications … why I’m making these posts
- - Con 3 … 10 … Reincarnation and the Path
Con 4 … Post 12 … Reincarnation continued
- - Con 5 … 15 … Reincarnation continued again
Con 6 … Post 19 … Know Thyself
- - Con 7 … 21 … We did not forget
Con 8 … Post 22 … Duality
- - Con 9 … 30 … God
Con 10 … Post 31 … Personal Confessions 1A
- - CL 4 … 33 … Clarification … find the original concept
Con 11 … Post 39 … Personal Confessions continued
- - Con 12 - 44 … Checkpoints, Safeguards, and Spiritual Law
Con 13 … Post 48 … I’m Offended
- - Con 14 … 52 … Mind cannot be forced
Con 15 … Post 54 … Stopping the Mind
- - Con 16 … 58 … Divided Thoughts and Narrowness of Focus
Con 17 … Post 60 … Thoughts are Things
- - Con 18 … 61 … Take Specific Time
Con 19 … Post 64 … That’s the way I feel
- - Con 20 … 68 … Stop the Mind / Kill the Ego
Con 20B … Post 70 … Blame the Ego
- - Con 21 … 72 … Let’s Analyze This
Con 22 … Post 74 … I’m Saying WHAT to myself ?
- - Con 23 … 75 … Be Very Careful
Con 24 … 76 … Turn Your Perceptions Outward
- - Con 25 … Post 80 … Who Controls Who?
Con 26 … 82 … The Great Commander
- - Con 27 … Post 83 … Continuing on Emotions
Con 28 … 84 … LOA 1
- - Con 29 … Post 85 … LOA 2
Con 30 … 88 … LOA 3
- - Con 31 … Post 90 … Soul 1
Con 32 … 91 … Soul 2
- - Con 33 … Post 92 … Soul 3
Con 34 … 93 … Soul 4
- - Con 35 … Post 95 … Soul 5
Con 36 … 97 … Soul 6
- - R&C 6 … Post 103
Con 37 … 106 … Back to Basics
- - Con 38 … Post 116 … In the Beyond
Con 39 … 120 … Formative Years
- - Con 40 … Post 121 … Formative Years 1B
Con 41 … 122 … What Holds Your Attention
- - Con 42 … Post 125 … Five Level Schoolroom
Con 43 … 132 … Protect the Core
- - Con 44 … Post 137 … It’s a Trap
Con 45 … 145 … Why Do This?
- - Con 46 … Post 154 … Unfair Crossroads
Con 47 … 159 … Rubber Band Scenario
- - Con 48 … Post 160 … Send and Receive
Con 49 … 161 … Conventional to Sublime
- - Con 50 … Post 163 … Gatherings 1
Con 51 … 164 … What is a Master
- - Con 52 … Post 165 … Inner Speech
Con 53 … 166 … Hall of Los
- - Con 54 … Post 178 … Hall of Los 2
R&C 9 … 180 … Enhancement
- - Con 55 … Post 184 … Overview 1
Con 56 … 186 … Overview 2
- - Con 57 … Post 189 … Overview 3
Con 58 … 193 … Overview 4
- - Con 59 … Post 197 … Overview 5
Con 60 … 200 … The Masking Factor
- - Con 61 … Post 203 … Use the Old in New Ways
Con 62 … Reality 1A … 204
- - Con 63 … Post 217 … Reality 1B
Con 64 … Reality 2 … 219
- - Con 65 … Post 222 … Resistance
Con 66 … Grow With Life … 223
- - Con 67 … Post 224 … Climb the Stairs
Con 68 … Divine Spirit vs … 225
- - Con 69 … Post 234 … Design the Altar
Con 70 … One … 239
- - Con 71 … Post 240 … Differences
Con 72 … Letter vs Spirit … 248
- - Con 73 … Post 250 … Attitude
Con 74 … After we Die … 257
- - Con 75 … Post 268 … Stopping the Mind
Con 76 … Attention … 283
- - Con 77 … Post 290 … Transforming 1
Con 78 … Transforming 2 … 292
- - Con 79 … Post 298 … Transforming 3
Con 80 … Transforming 4 … 304
- - Con 81 … Post 308 … Transforming 5
Con 82 … Transforming 6 … 316
- - Con 83 … Post 322 … Valuable Precept
Con 84 … Three Processes … 325
- - Con 85 … Post 332 … This or That
Con 86 … Consciousness … 334
- - Con 87 … Post 340 … Detachment
Con 88 … Maya … 346
- - Con 89 … Post 361 … Illusion
Con 90 … Trifecta … 365
- - Thread Index … Post 370
Con 91 … I’m Done … Post 371

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 01-07-2021, 01:06 PM
Master

Considerations Ninety-One …

I’m Done.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

In the post directly above … there is an index of all 91 posts that are in this series … for those of you who have found some worth in what has been presented here.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

07–01-2021

People … I started this thread on the 10th of November 2020. At that time I had no intention of carrying it on forever. Again … my ambition was to offer a few tidbits of information here and there concerning levels of learning and life that many may not have had the opportunity to come across. To give a glimpse as to what might be encountered in the next true footstep on the Path. Most do not know what is “beyond” where they are. That is what makes it all so “Unknown” … and apprehensive.

More deeply … I was trying to allow those who were deeply sincere in their efforts to learn beyond the normal limits to find this information and use it to advance. Along those lines … while putting forth only enough to get a glimpse of the looming ballpark in front of you … I have said enough. Most just wish to stay where they are … yet there has been some interest. I hope you each come away with something of value … of growth. Opportunity is always to be taken advantage of when presented. Often … the window is quite short-lived indeed.

I have no idea what will happen to the information in this thread. It will … most probably … die to the basement. Maybe some will continue to comment … maybe *I* will occasionally continue to comment. Time will tell. I will not be adding any new posts to this thread … unless unforeseen demands arise … but they will have to be good … *very* good.

Time to re-enter the greater forum board and see more of what is going on. There is little I can say in the general forum board … as they wish to banter about the puzzle pieces rather than climb for the overview. Puzzle pieces … can be debated … forever. It is endless.

If any of this is important to you … feel free to copy-and-paste. This information has been made available to those that have been on the forum board since the beginning of this thread. This information will drop due to newer threads replacing it … as is the nature of forum boards … and this thread will become hidden from those coming in from now on.

Such … is life.

Look at the way the forum board is constructed … all into Lower Psychic Worlds facets. There probably isn’t a section where series’ philosophies can be developed. I am fortunate this board has put up with me. Few deal with Wholeness. There are posts and threads discussing the “Unity” issues and “becoming one with God” … that sort of thing … but since the approach is from within the Lower Psychic Worlds … that keeps the individual within the Lower Psychic Worlds. There are barely any meaningful posts concerning Wholeness … beyond the Lower Psychic Worlds … or really explaining the Lower Psychic Worlds … their nature … their design … their intent … etc.

I wish some would start their own series … and let others really see the extent of the current philosophies / religions … where they “lead” the individual.

I will also leave you with this … I have done my absolute best to give you information that *will* be meaningful to you at some point on your journey. For most members … there is no distinguishing opinion from reliable information. They will stack the deck to stay with what they know … as is natural. The distinctions I have suggested … the guidelines … the hints … all valid from a viewpoint within the Pure God Worlds. The difficulties suggested in taking the advanced steps … quite real indeed. No one can see these difficulties when immersed in them. They only become apparent as you work your way out and above them. As a very base example … no one knows how much of an alcoholic one was until that individual gives up the bottle long enough to catch that glimpse. You cannot know your own limitations while immersed inside them. That is the nature of any state of consciousness.

The nature of this forum board is of incredible value. People need to go through these sectors before they can move on. There is nothing wrong with the Lower Psychic Worlds at all. It is the greatest mandatory schoolroom in existence.

This thread has been only for the people that want to go past the dissections / the divisions / the categories of the Lower Psychic Worlds. Every post addressed other threads and issues on the forum board … questions raised … dilemmas pondered. All have taken what they can … accepted what they will … dismissed everything else. Once again … the premise is simple. Everything comes from something higher. What is the premise of Wholeness … that gives rise to the need for dissection, analysis, and categories? What would be the foundation of all the pieces? These are the queries one must constantly ask … to move forward.

The aspect of LIFE beyond the Lower Psychic Worlds have been discovered by a relative few. You can do the same … with the right effort, discipline, and devotion.

There is very little I have put in these posts that I have not had to work through on my own Path. I have clearly stated that I am *not* an authentic Master as of yet … so to that specific level … I can only report what I have been given in preparation … and told by those who know … and are true authentic Masters.

I can say without hesitancy and with full conviction … everyone will move eventually from where you are right now into new territory … which means something … some personal belief … is going to be set aside … or revised … until you reach authentic Mastership. You will make this step. Your choices are when … and under what conditions. I am in the process of doing this exact same thing.

Perhaps I will start another series here … I have yet to determine that. If I do … it will clearly not be as extensive as this one.

I wish you all … very well indeed.

Zorkchop

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Tidbits …

There are none so deaf as the hardened intellectual. The ignorant can learn … the intellectual doesn't want to.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 01-07-2021, 02:41 PM
Thumbs up

Oh, your Thread will not be forgotten, my friend!

*applause emoji* here.

(Went back, have a lot to catch up on for a while!) Just wanted to say ...
Hey, I say expansion of consciousness, too!
I Practice the Presence all throughout the day for years---but that's what it is...
expanding your awareness.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Closed Thread