Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-05-2022, 06:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Well said utopian and I'm sure all know this true. The development of it. So simple.

Thanks, you are appreciated.

Love utopia
Old 19-05-2022, 05:04 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I meant it slightly differently than that ... We couldn't handle the Truth, so we shouldn't waste our time looking for it, but should work on our evolvement.
I get what you're saying. What was your experience? I think some of the things revealed in the higher states were hard to accept. It’s a very solipsistic reality where there are potentially no limitations and the world revolves around you. You see how you manifest everything. Solipsism can be understood as there is just the one mind that is real, the one consciousness, and you are becoming that one mind.

The realization is that none of this is real, not even me. It’s all just a dream, all illusion. I lived in that state for a good while, although difficult at times I accepted it. It's not a concept in the mind, you're actually living it. It’s difficult for the personality/self who doesn’t want to let go, who wants to hang on to the illusion, who wants things to be real. I don’t live in that state atm but I remember it. That state is a side effect of higher consciousness, making your way to the divine, the one consciousness. I’ll have to pass through it again.

I’m laughing as I write this, I get how nutty it sounds. When I describe my experience it can be mistaken for psychedelics, delusion, derealization, depersonalization, dissociation, magical thinking, solipsism syndrome and more. It's none of that, you are more sane than you've ever been. You're seeing reality for what it really is and you are firmly grounded. When you're in that particular higher state you have to be grounded, accepting and continue on purging, purifying to go even deeper, to make more and more room for the one consciousness to enter. I would say it can be a major distraction/trap on the path if you get wrapped up into that particular state and I did. I probably hit the majority of traps and failures, trial by error.

The one thing I rejected was union with the one consciousness, there was a blissful fear. Fear may be the wrong word. There was a knowing that if I continue on I would have to let everything in this life go and it would never be the same, an unknowing of what would come next. I knew it was okay, it was safe, it was love beyond understanding. It's ineffable. I wasn’t ready and I failed. In hindsight I would have made a different choice, so when It comes again I’m ready. This is just my experience, yours may be different.
Old 19-05-2022, 05:53 PM
Master

@Hexagon222 #42

As I understand that word solipsism, I think that it it doesn't apply to my view of the wider-reality. In the wider-reality there are an infinite number of independently aware entities, as it appears to be here, and as it appears to be in our dreams too.

Our thoughts are "real". It is just that this physical-reality isn't exactly what we believe and perceive it to be. As our dreams aren't what we believe to be.

In a way we perceive the physical-reality from a similarly incorrect perspective as people who believed the Sun was moving on the sky above the Earth.

This physical-reality isn't an illusion (the word has a pejorative connotation). I don't adhere to that view. But, physical-reality isn't a hard-fact as it is believed to be either.

I don't believe in oneness, or one-consciousness.

I think that most people make the error of going into altered states without leaving aside their beliefs and expectations, hence they experience versions of reality that are in line with those beliefs, hence distorted.

Paraphrasing you: these are just my views, I accept that others' are different.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-05-2022, 06:59 PM
Knower

Thanks for sharing your perspective, very interesting! I know you are a fan of Seth. I have a bunch of Seth's books that I've inherited, might have to read them sometime. I can't deny what you say about an independent number of aware entities and even multiple realities etc. I can agree with that too! With some of my experiences there has been evidence of entities, something me and my gf have both experienced together at the same time. So it's not just me alone claiming that. Maybe what I'm calling oneness or the one consciousness can be thought of as the source that powers all the entities and existence itself, the very creative essence backing, powering, manifesting all of reality that we are all apart of? Consciousness might be the wrong word for it. Perhaps a happy middle ground? or maybe not! lol

Beliefs and expectations... That's the one thing I never included. I kept a completely open mind with zero expectations and healthy skepticism. I was an atheist before the awakening. Many times I had to look up what I was going through to understand it. The interesting thing is what I went through is nothing new. My gf is a NDE buff and said my experience sounded similar and sure enough people with near death experiences and STE folk have similar if not identical experiences to mine. Later to find I can relate to the mystic path and those experiences. I can tell you I've always been opposed to religion, Christianity and the Bible. So to be on the mystic path and agreeing with The Ladder of Divine ascent was something I never expected. I'm still open though, if new experiences come about I would have to change my understanding of things.
Old 19-05-2022, 07:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexagon222
It’s all just a dream, all illusion. I lived in that state for a good while, although difficult at times I accepted it. It's not a concept in the mind, you're actually living it. It’s difficult for the personality/self who doesn’t want to let go, who wants to hang on to the illusion, who wants things to be real. I don’t live in that state atm but I remember it.
I don't want to keep wittering on about Adyashanti but I am currently reading The End of Your World.

In this book he talks about abiding awakening and non-abiding awakening. Abiding awakening is a permanent shift in consciousness, non-abiding awakening may last for a moment, a day, a week, or even some years.

Chapters include "Authentic Awakening - And the Disorientation That Can Follow" and "I Got It, I Lost It". This sounds like what you describe.

You may find this helpful.

Peace
Old 19-05-2022, 07:46 PM
Master

@Hexagon222 #44

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding Seth ... I found a lot of interesting stuff in the Seth books, although I have read / browsed only a few of them. I am not a fan in the sense of "follower" or "believer". I use that material more for inspiration, a helper for getting direct-knowledge from my inner-guidance (which isn't a god, just a guide; I don't believe there is a God, and I don't think that the question of existing a God is important).

I'd say that the Seth material contains multi-layered symbolism and knowledge intended to be intuitively interpreted by everybody exposed to it, from the perspective of their individual level of evolvement. The message isn't what may seem to be, nor what Jane thought to be, but what you interpret intuitively tapping your inner guidance. Repeatedly Seth said that the material contains distortions, and he pointed to them in some cases.

In my opinion, once you get an idea about what the Seth material is about, the best approach is to pick a concept or an idea you're interested in, then use the Seth material engine, and browse the results. Then, you can go deeper and browse the specific sessions that you might be more interested in (if you have access to that specific book), to understand the context of that quote. Often, just reading a quote may suggest an incorrect impression. On the other hand, the whole "inquiry" needs to be done intuitively.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-05-2022, 02:51 PM
Knower

@iamthat #45* Thanks for bringing up Adyashanti iamthat. I will read his book today.

@inavalan #46* Thanks for that info on Seth inavalan, sounds very interesting!
Old 20-05-2022, 11:36 PM
Master
Truth is a good thing yes but lies are also useful too. " Gosh you look good this morning" lie. " Gosh you look hideous this morning " truth. Which would you rather?.

Love utopiandreamchild
Old 21-05-2022, 08:37 AM
Master

Utopian,

Where I live, people tell me when I look ugly or whatever. Even if someone is fat that person hears it. And everyone laughs at it. It’s our way of coping with reality. Truth with humor. No soft white lies because that’s just ugly tbh.

Much kindness,

CW
Old 21-05-2022, 09:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Utopian,

Where I live, people tell me when I look ugly or whatever. Even if someone is fat that person hears it. And everyone laughs at it. It’s our way of coping with reality. Truth with humor. No soft white lies because that’s just ugly tbh.

Much kindness,

CW

Have you watched the movie "The Invention of Lying"?
https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2028667417/?ref_=tt_vi_i_1

Considering that our focus, emotions, thoughts shape our reality, a nice comment will have a more positive effect on the reality of the recipient, than a negative comment.

A kind lie could work wonders. Aren't LOA and affirmations based on that?

A word of encouragement could have miraculous effects on a sick, sad, unhappy person.