Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 30-03-2024, 12:41 AM
Master
I guess there is advaita vedanta(nondual knowing) and advaita(nonduality).
And in case of advaita(nonduality), there is SAID to be no consciousness, no knowing, no knower, no self.

That may seem like, or appear like, there is a huge difference. But I believe if you add all they say together, it may actually boil down to the same thing in the end.
It may all be semantics.

One says "you cannot know it"
and the other says "You can only know it if you give up trying to know it."

One says "there is no consciousness"
The other says "there is no consciousness except this one very specifically unique type of consciousness."

Who can say for sure that they are different?

To the ears, it does sound different if someone says "you do not exist."
But if you listen more, they start explaining "the very specific and real existence of the illusion of the you that does not exist."

So again, it sounds different, but it may be completely the same thing.

One says "I buy a strawberry icecream and then eat it".
And the other says "No! I buy every flavor of icecream in the whole universe! but then I only eat the strawberry icecream"

That is how it all sounds to me. Like pure semantics.
Like huge contradictions that all amount to the same thing.

Nice drawings by the way. Very neat. Like I especially love the way you draw the lotus position. Like the legs are a lazy 8 infinity symbol.
Old 30-03-2024, 03:33 AM
Master
Like Unseeking Seeker, I too am not into debates, as to me debates are part of duality. In this respect I feel how we interpret things is at the crux of this discussion. We may disagree with another person’s interpretation but that does not change the dynamics, it only changes our perception of the dynamics.

I feel we can know non-duality to a minimal extent with our mind but non-duality does not accurately translate into words or thoughts and thus may remain an unexpressed knowing in our hearts. The issue is how we know what we know, and if we are only going to depend on our brain for knowledge then in my opinion that is inadequate.
Old 30-03-2024, 05:36 AM
Master

Starman. Ahh I so agree with this statement.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Seeker
Trying to simplify this: is reality emptiness or fullness? It is both yet neither. :)

The discussion is in the world of opposites. Any answer in the world is apparently limited, so incorrect. Truth is concept free.

The discussion is helpful, however, in pointing to the unspoken truth beyond dual concepts. It is what it is. Be as you are.