Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 24-03-2023, 10:58 PM
Pathfinder
Beliefs about euthanasia

I was reading about different religions, and some of them say under no circumstances is a life to be taken (not counting getting food)

I'm unclear about something though, its making me get guilt again about the cat I had who died in my arms at the vets, my angel Ebony, the vet gave her the injection to put her to sleep, I held her as she died

Does this mean that Ebony should never of been given that gentle end? Would religions want people's pets and people themselves to die in severe pain and suffering due to the whole thing of "never take a life" ?

i'm confused
Old 24-03-2023, 11:40 PM
Follow your gut or heart ...you know what is ok, I'm sure you do. :)
No need to be confused by what others think or try to impress on others, imo.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-03-2023, 12:42 PM
Administrator
Follow you heart and what feels right for you, it doesn't matter what others think.

Namaste
Old 28-03-2023, 06:33 PM
Experiencer

If we end our pets' lives because we love them and because we don't want them to suffer any longer, that motive is love and it's the most sincere of motives - there's no reason to feel regret for your recent actions.

It's different from the situation for ourselves, from us as human beings. We're not superior in any sense but we're on very different spiritual paths from that of animals.
Old 28-03-2023, 07:07 PM
Administrator
That is so true Boyce

Namaste
Old 02-04-2023, 02:10 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce
It's different from the situation for ourselves, from us as human beings. We're not superior in any sense but we're on very different spiritual paths from that of animals.

I fully support euthanasia for terminally ill/injured animals. But I disagree that it is somehow different for humans. Humans who are terminally ill/injured should be able to access euthanasia, too. It's inhumane to prolong suffering of a fellow human, unless that human chooses to fight on.

I've been thinking about topics like this a lot these past few weeks, as I searched for a diagnosis and now wait for a treatment plan. For now, I plan to fight. But if things take a very negative turn, I will find the possibility of ending the suffering very comforting.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:05 PM
Administrator
I know of someone who is looking into travelling to Sweden to end their life.
He is suffering from two different Dementias
He already has a DNR on his notes, if he should collapse before he makes up his mind.
I would never judge him nor would I dissuade him or try to,
It is his choice and his condition is only going to get worse.
It is my belief is it is your Body, you have the right to say what happens to it

Namaste
Old 02-04-2023, 08:27 PM
Experiencer

I would never criticise or judge anyone who ended their own life because I do not stand in their shoes.

The suffering of some individuals appears intolerable and nowadays modern medicine keeps alive those who at one time would have succumbed naturally to medical problems. They would have passed over in the natural way when their bodies failed.

But I am unsure if it would be right for myself and I hope I never face that situation.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:33 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
Humans who are terminally ill/injured should be able to access euthanasia, too.
Perhaps in time this world will travel that route but not for some generations I suspect.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Administrator
So true Boyce

Namaste