Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 09-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Master

Jesus didn't have a human father because the was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit.
And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?” And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.
(Luke 1:31-35 ESV)

Because Joseph was married to Mary when Jesus was born he was legally the father of Jesus even though he wasn't his biological father.

A couple of the posts used the term "immaculate conception" in connection to the birth of Jesus. This term actually refers to the belief that Mary was born without sin. This belief isn't taught in the Bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Conception
Old 09-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
maybe the superior intelligences kick start human metamorphisis by introducing new hybrids (avatars) now and then.

It's more distancing us from them. Like the current belief of Jesus is. Is that Jesus was something special, something beyond what we are capable of. That he was an exception. Saying that he is an Alien hybrid is also distancing us from Jesus, and or us from our true potential.

If we close that gap and realize he was a regular Joe just like all of us it allows us to see our divinity in a better light, and allow us to know our true potential, and that we too can achieve great things.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
well, maybe Mary was abducted by aliens and artifically inseminated thereby retaining her virginity. maybe Jesus was an human/alien hybrid.

Well that gave me a good old belly laugh!

I thankyou for your replies! I still believe jesus (isn't 'Judah' his proper name?) was born of a mother and father just like the rest of us. I don't doubt that he turned water into wine and had healing powers though!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Jesus had a father and a mother. Joseph and Mary. That is not a secret. So I am a little confused as to what this topic is about?

Are you trying to say that Jesus was not conceived through immaculate conception and was conceived like any other child. That may be a much more clear topic than Jesus had a father.

I think he was concieved just like any other child.. Do you think Joseph was his father? I do!

Old 09-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
It's more distancing us from them. Like the current belief of Jesus is. Is that Jesus was something special, something beyond what we are capable of. That he was an exception. Saying that he is an Alien hybrid is also distancing us from Jesus, and or us from our true potential.

If we close that gap and realize he was a regular Joe just like all of us it allows us to see our divinity in a better light, and allow us to know our true potential, and that we too can achieve great things.

lol well, i'm just playing. but if you read my other post you'd notice that i playfully theorize that the entire human species is the result of the experimentation by superior intelligences therefore we'd all be primate/alien hybrids and the metamorphisis kick starters would be just as you say ... a revealing of potential.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Light

I thankyou for your replies! I still believe jesus (isn't 'Judah' his proper name?) was born of a mother and father just like the rest of us. I don't doubt that he turned water into wine and had healing powers though!

Jesus' proper name would be "Yeshua". Judah is one of the 12 tribes of Israel.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:39 PM
AngelBreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Light

Greetings Love&Light,

I believe the following website will elaborate much further in regards to your personal beliefs about Jesus Christ. It is wonderful reading and exemplifies many of the points made!

http://www.evidencetobelieve.net/jesus_son_of_god.htm

Jesus had an Earthly Mother (Mary) who gave Him birth and an Earthly father (Joseph) who raised Him but His true Father is God who is in Heaven. There are things that may be hard to understand for some, but it does not detract from the truth about Jesus and His origins.

Deus tecum and my special wishes for many blessings and a beautiful day!

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Old 09-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Jesus didn't have a human father because the was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit.
This is a mistranslation and has become a core belief of churchianity.

Besides that, it is simply not possible.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Mind's Eye

This one may be a little hard to grasp for most, but here is what I believe to be the truth; Jesus was his own father because he was his father's uncle's cousin.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sphinx
This one may be a little hard to grasp for most, but here is what I believe to be the truth; Jesus was his own father because he was his father's uncle's cousin.

....nephews former room mate?