Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 23-04-2016, 05:47 AM
Master
7 of Swords as Main Priority

I was playing around with some new spreads today and I struggled a bit with a priorities spread in which I got the 7 of Swords as my main priority. I think I take it to mean that most of my energy is currently going towards avoiding obligations or issues in my life, covering my tracks, avoiding blame, and trying to utilize logic and clarity to get to the truth and clear the air. does anyone have any other ideas that I'm overlooking?

other cards in the spread, if it helps, were The Universe as what is blocking me, Strength as things I can change, Ace of Swords as things I must accept, and The Chariot for how things will progress. those all seemed straightforward enough.
Old 28-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Pathfinder
I see the 7 of Swords as a call to trust in (or get familiar with) your heart aspect. When we over-intellectualize or over-think, things can get more confusing than before and we also easily slip into ego patterns and negative agendas we may not necessarily be consciously aware of. Those who operate primarily from the brain find working from the heart almost counterintuitive. So, the 7 of Swords, to me, is a call to get familiar with that "counterintuition" and learn to live from the heart more. This may almost be a painful challenge and you'd rather go the typical "logic" route. But has this route worked for you? The element of swords is air, representing the intellect but also the higher mind and avatar self... which is where it connects to the heart. The heart chakra's element is also air.
Old 28-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Master
that makes sense. living from my heart is something I've recently realized I need to try to do more. I'm trying to think to myself in certain situations, "what would a loving person do?" hopefully that helps. thank you :)
Old 28-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Pathfinder
you ARE a loving person :-) Another way to look at it is to try to incorporate your feminine aspects more (and this may sound silly being female). Intellectualizing, air element... that's associated with your male aspect energies. While creating and nurturing are considered your female aspect energies. So, being creative can REALLY help bring out the feminine and as a result, the heart. When you catch yourself over-thinking, go do something creative... paint, garden, cook... :-) you'll find balance <3
Old 01-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Master
I think that, in combi with the other cards, it means that you have to stop moving (hiding?) in the background if you want to get somewhere in life. You got enough information, wisdom, knowledge, enough to offer the world. Why are you shying away from it?
Do you think you aren't worthy of success, glory? Put yourself out there! You can do it, you got plenty to offer!
Old 01-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRose
you ARE a loving person :-) Another way to look at it is to try to incorporate your feminine aspects more (and this may sound silly being female). Intellectualizing, air element... that's associated with your male aspect energies. While creating and nurturing are considered your female aspect energies. So, being creative can REALLY help bring out the feminine and as a result, the heart. When you catch yourself over-thinking, go do something creative... paint, garden, cook... :-) you'll find balance <3

you know, most of my life I was convinced I was a super loving person, but over the last year or so I've realized that I often really only care about myself, hard as that is to even type. I get irritated when I'm trying to do something, even something super mundane and unimportant, and someone wants to tell me a story or talk to me about something that I really don't care about. I tolerate it and try to put a smile on my face but really I just want them to shut up and leave me alone and let me get back to what I'm trying to do.

interesting you bring up incorporating my femininity more. the feminine is something that keeps coming up for me lately and it's definitely something that piques my interest, and I want to embrace it more than I do. I love the idea of being strongly feminine. I've been reading about it lately. I have a really hard time thinking of myself as being creative. when I was young I wrote a lot but I've never been artistic or musical or anything like that. I don't garden, although I have one orchid flower that's actually doing really well! I like to bake, and somewhat to cook... I'd love to do all these things more often. I struggle so much to even bring myself these days to sit down and put pen to paper though, even though I used to love it. I don't know what it is that's blocking me.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I think that, in combi with the other cards, it means that you have to stop moving (hiding?) in the background if you want to get somewhere in life. You got enough information, wisdom, knowledge, enough to offer the world. Why are you shying away from it?
Do you think you aren't worthy of success, glory? Put yourself out there! You can do it, you got plenty to offer!

this resonates. I think I know what program I want to do in university but I'm putting it off because I'm not 100% positive and my mental health issues have caused me to not do well in university in the past and I'm nervous about that. plus I'm waiting to find out if I get accepted for disability because I'd rather apply to school as someone with a disability so that I can get extra help and take less courses at a time and such because I feel it would benefit me a lot.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
you know, most of my life I was convinced I was a super loving person, but over the last year or so I've realized that I often really only care about myself, hard as that is to even type. I get irritated when I'm trying to do something, even something super mundane and unimportant, and someone wants to tell me a story or talk to me about something that I really don't care about. I tolerate it and try to put a smile on my face but really I just want them to shut up and leave me alone and let me get back to what I'm trying to do.

interesting you bring up incorporating my femininity more. the feminine is something that keeps coming up for me lately and it's definitely something that piques my interest, and I want to embrace it more than I do. I love the idea of being strongly feminine. I've been reading about it lately. I have a really hard time thinking of myself as being creative. when I was young I wrote a lot but I've never been artistic or musical or anything like that. I don't garden, although I have one orchid flower that's actually doing really well! I like to bake, and somewhat to cook... I'd love to do all these things more often. I struggle so much to even bring myself these days to sit down and put pen to paper though, even though I used to love it. I don't know what it is that's blocking me.

I'm incapable of small-talk and most of the day I prefer to be left alone and not see anyone other than my kids because most people's energy and topics of conversation are just not my thing. And I'm quite happy that way lol I think when it comes to that, wanting to be left alone and "only caring about yourself" there is a part in all of us that really needs that. And we also need to be comfortable with just being with ourselves. So, I would say here, don't beat yourself up about it - that doesn't make you a "bad"/unloving person. My son has Asperger's and a lot of times he'll dictate the direction of a conversation and completely seems to ignore what others are trying to share with him and yet, he has such a big heart - he has incredible compassion.

I've gone through long periods of writer's and artistic block in the past and I know now looking back that it was because I felt utterly worthless because I had not accomplished the things that were expected of me. So, that kinda killed any urge I had to create something. Once I got through my head that there was nothing to achieve or prove to anyone or accomplish within a specific span of time, constantly making me feel rushed, the blockage disappeared. But that's me, not sure if that may be the case for you. I say go nutty with baking :-)
Old 04-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
this resonates. I think I know what program I want to do in university but I'm putting it off because I'm not 100% positive and my mental health issues have caused me to not do well in university in the past and I'm nervous about that. plus I'm waiting to find out if I get accepted for disability because I'd rather apply to school as someone with a disability so that I can get extra help and take less courses at a time and such because I feel it would benefit me a lot.
Well, looks like the cards are telling you to go for it!
Good luck Rainbow!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRose
I'm incapable of small-talk and most of the day I prefer to be left alone and not see anyone other than my kids because most people's energy and topics of conversation are just not my thing. And I'm quite happy that way lol I think when it comes to that, wanting to be left alone and "only caring about yourself" there is a part in all of us that really needs that. And we also need to be comfortable with just being with ourselves. So, I would say here, don't beat yourself up about it - that doesn't make you a "bad"/unloving person. My son has Asperger's and a lot of times he'll dictate the direction of a conversation and completely seems to ignore what others are trying to share with him and yet, he has such a big heart - he has incredible compassion.

I've gone through long periods of writer's and artistic block in the past and I know now looking back that it was because I felt utterly worthless because I had not accomplished the things that were expected of me. So, that kinda killed any urge I had to create something. Once I got through my head that there was nothing to achieve or prove to anyone or accomplish within a specific span of time, constantly making me feel rushed, the blockage disappeared. But that's me, not sure if that may be the case for you. I say go nutty with baking :-)

I've definitely come to genuinely enjoy my alone time over the last year or so. it's actually really important to me now. it's interesting you bring up a comparison of someone with asperger's because I was reading up on the autism spectrum recently and I definitely feel like a lot of the diagnostic criteria apply to me, even if only mildly. I think there's a chance that if people had paid more attention and had me see a psychiatrist as a child that I may have fit the criteria for a diagnosis back then.

the feeling worthless thing makes sense to me. for years I've collected journals, I love journals, but they sit empty because I never feel I have anything to write in them worthy of being written in such lovely journals. I can't even bring myself to sit down with scrap paper and just try to get something out, as much as I keep thinking I want to. it's so frustrating!

I have to get my baking supplies out of my boyfriend's mom's basement and then I'd love to do some baking. it's been a while!