Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 05-11-2019, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMotherKnowsAll
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I am a teacher.
Let's pretend my area of instruction is psychology, or religion, or both.
Does that give us "vastly different' areas of study? Why do you find it odd that I saw something that interested me, read through it, and had a lot of questions and even concerns? Some of the people who are participating in this conversation agree with some of the points I have made.

I am not attacking anyone, I am asking everyone. Although, I do fully admit, that the amount of obsessive behaviors and real, deep feelings of grief, did make me feel very real concern for several posters. I know, intellectually, that no poster on here asked for my concern. But, the act of posting online is, in itself, a hand out to the world. If I feel like that hand is held out in need of support I want to know more so that I can understand why.

You sound as if you feel that everyone who is on here should be here to celebrate the experience, and that questioners or information seekers should go someplace else for that. If this is true, direct me.
I said what I said as it doesn't look like you actually read what I say, either that or you don't understand it.
In any case, you keep drawing conclusions about me which is not pleasant.

As for concern for several posters... I too see that many aren't doing well and thus latch on to the TF concept to use that as a buoy to feel better. It gives them hope.
I think I said that in one of my replies to you too.
So you have to make a distinction between TFs and the majority here who aren't TFs but want to be and pretend to be.
I already said that too: It has to do with you as a person, as a Soul, being ready after many life times for a higher form of love and relationship. So it says something about your own development and where you are on your path.

That's also one of the ways you can tell someone isn't there yet, based on their writing, thinking, actions and behaviour. For most it isn't congruent with a more evolved Soul meaning they can't be TFs yet either.

You seem to think the ones you see suffer is what TFs are about. I'm explaining to you it is not and what TFs are about. You mention things of what it's about based on what you read here, which is incorrect and thus leads to incorrect view of TFs. That's why I was telling what it is really like and about.
As for the rest, if people are suffering and not doing well you have to bear in mind that that is their path and learning curve. They've got to figure it out for themselves at some point. Some will, some won't.
Others worrying about them isn't going to help. The desire for well-being has to come from themselves, from the inside.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:57 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Others worrying about them isn't going to help. The desire for well-being has to come from themselves, from the inside.

How we learn= listen To other People and ourselves and learn from there. I agree that realization Comes from within, but feed back from others is vitaly Important.

Twin flame-concept has a lot of problems, which i wont go into because the Topic starter and bunch of others have already said most of them. I see a lot More People suffering than thriving because of this belief. Alternately i havent seen anyone gaining anything by believing In twin flames. If they exist, they Come whether you believe in them or not.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
How we learn= listen To other People and ourselves and learn from there. I agree that realization Comes from within, but feed back from others is vitaly Important.

Twin flame-concept has a lot of problems, which i wont go into because the Topic starter and bunch of others have already said most of them. I see a lot More People suffering than thriving because of this belief. Alternately i havent seen anyone gaining anything by believing In twin flames. If they exist, they Come whether you believe in them or not.
YES!!! I agree!
Old 05-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday

Yes, but people won't -and cannot- listen until they're ready for it. Then they will seek out help and will be open to take it in.
Fact that many are suffering because of the TF concept is not because of the TF concept at all. I don't understand why people don't get this, I've explained that so many times, yet no one gets it. I guess for the same principle as above: not ready.
When people are in trouble mentally/emotionally etc. they start looking for straws to clutch.
Some start drinking, doing drugs, others resort to doing one Tarot card reading after another and keep doing so until they get the answer they like, and others grab on to the TF concept.
This is something humans do, seek power outside of themselves when they haven't got it on the inside, for instance because of a (alleged) lover leaving.
In the past people resorted to religion which is the exact same thing: seeking strength in an external source instead of on the inside.

That does, however, NOT mean the TF concept is bad or flawed. It's like a light in the dark that attracts moths. Everyone wants it as they believe they will feel better in the having or being of it, yet most aren't it.
The TF concept in itself is beautiful and it's a crying shame it gets such a bad rep now because of this sort of cr@p.

As for no one having gained from it... I have. Tremendously! It is the most beautiful thing that you can experience. An experience beyond words.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:15 PM
Experiencer

FairyChrystal, you have explained it and i think most of us have understood your point. What you don't seem to grasp is that I am talking about the problems within the twin flame community, not the theory itself. I think it doesn't matter if it exists or not, from what i see it's causing more problems than doing good.

The same goes with you last statement. I'm again not saying nobody gains from a twin flame connection. I am saying that i haven't seen any gain in believing in the concept.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:57 PM
Administrator
They post on here to get encouragement and forgiveness, maybe. But what about the posters who may be unable to separate the real from the 'spiritual'? And, just like the dating app's, how do we tell the difference? How do they?

Hello

I do think on some levels that the playing field has changed some in how we interact and communicate but too there has always been the element of safety even with person to person meetings. It is easy for some to get "attached" to want at times something or someone that is not permitted or available. At times for some its the thrill of the chase and the conquest of getting the prize.

There have always been affairs and always been those that stalk us. We are human after all and have within us that emotional pull to be with someone. Too many times this crosses the lines of what is common to be right and wrong. Yet there can be a connection there that we might not understand that is on the Universe or higher level. Something that is in maybe that Soul Contract that we are said to come in with. So maybe at times we are simply along for the ride.

We too put names on things to well "sell Things and the topic of "Twin Flames" sells well. I do feel at times marketing does more harm than good if your living more in that world of isolation behind a screen. This is where we are loosing out on a lot of what human interactions are all about.

I too guess on some levels its simple to answer a few questions and have a computer find us someone we will share common interests with, but in this too I wonder if maybe we create our self to fit into this place of what we wan to have with someone.

I am not sure what there is to "gain" from this connection if its real. In my case I do not feel a "gain" more I feel a path of personal growth or learning on what ever path the Soul has in mind for me. I feel at times that while I have been given a new life it has a purpose to it all. I do not take it for granted or that I earned it. More its the family connection that was formed from this that will tell the tale.

I do feel at times that feeling deeper connections and giving it a name does a lot of harm as we forget that its emotions driving most of the connection. It is when we step outside those emotions and are able to see things on the pure spiritual side of things, to take the time to unravel "why we feel connected" and then go from there we learn at times what is truth and what well is "dare" where your literally spinning the bottle to see where it lands and whom you will enter that closet with to play.

Life is not a game, but we are game pieces it seems at times in the vastness of the Universe and what it hold for us.

We have to give things a name to have a base line for study and understandings but too we have free will not to fall into the games, we have to be able to think for ourselves. Gone is maybe some of that.

Lynn
Old 05-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Master
I have read the whole of this thread everyone's posts. I have no idea why because usually my dyslexia makes it difficult, however I have stuck with it.

I agree that yes sometimes people get hardwired into obsessing about theories. Relationship is the core area for this, think of stalkers, unrequited love, obsession, clinging to people that neither want or need the love of the person.

Yet this does not negate that every single person is entitled to their beliefs, even if it is unhealthy, even if it does tear them apart. The resolution would usually be that they seek help, that they grow spiritually and mentally through the experience.

Should the experience be destroying them from the inside out, then it may not have anything to do with the tf label and more to do with hanging on to an ideal that does not fit their connection.

As for the tf thing - it is my core belief that people can feel and believe whatever serves them. I would say even in a tf relationship that is difficult (or what we think is one/or one we are not ready for) walk away to heal self within.

We can't blame a concept, or a theory for the behaviour of individual people. As with anything that is belief structured there are bound to be people that exploit the concept - that is not to give rise to theories of the validity of the concept.

Some people still believe that God too is a concept and therefore the truth is that discernment and right soul growth is the real answer. We are all here together and it is our path as souls to re-connect to the understanding that whatever is happening is meant to be happening.

With this in mind the tf theory and concept is meant to be happening and it is part of the world that we are living in. No amount of negativity or low vibration is going to change that.

As an aside: Older tf couples that came together knew nothing of the concept, they just knew what they felt and maybe it is from here that the truth has arisen. Rather than from a saturation of information that has led to craving for the greatest love.

I think I have said before - be careful what you wish for is the major caveat... ...
Old 05-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Knower

This is my opinion only:

Every soul will live many lifetimes having many experiences to eventually one day discover who they really are. We will be murderers/prostitutes/rapists/husbands/wives/mothers/fathers etc before we finally have a spiritual awakening. That spiritual awakening may get a jumpstart via a death, illness, divorce, a major loss, and yes by meeting and losing a soul connection/TF. Yes growth is normally started through misery. Why, because one finally realizes all of the outer trappings do not make one happy and never will. I always thought my happiness would come through a relationship, so when TF came along and the love was like no other, I thought I was there (happiness). When he left me I was devastated and this started my awakening. And of course I’ve learned that true happiness can never come from outer things (relationships, money, possessions, etc) because when you lose these things, you lose your fake happiness.

Some of you on this board are not here during this lifetime to have a spiritual awakening but eventually you will. So my tf experience, synchronicities, miracles, spiritual experiences, etc...you will never understand because you are not there yet. This is not a put down or anything of the sort. It just is. Your time is coming! A spiritual awakening is a difficult yet beautiful experience. My Tf had a small part to play but make no mistake, this is about me and my relationship with Source, my journey to Oneness. Yes I did start off wanting a relationship with him but I now know I don’t need a relationship with anyone for my happiness. I live in a new city, no friends, no dating, no family, no job etc just me myself and I. I’m HAPPY!!

A TF relationship is a Divine relationship. Just because you call it a TF relationship doesn’t make it one. Everyone on this board is not in a TF situation!! But I do sometimes wonder why those who don’t believe in TF relationships bother posting to this board. Some people don’t believe in diseases, so why would they go to a cancer board and post that it’s not real?

25, 30, 40 yrs married does not mean one is in a TF or even a soulmate relationship. Longevity does not equal success!

“You don’t measure love in time. You measure love in transformation. Sometimes the longest connections yield very little growth, while the briefest of encounters change everything. The heart doesn’t wear a watch - it’s timeless. It doesn’t care how long you know someone. It doesn’t care if you had a 40 year anniversary if there is no juice in the connection. What the heart cares about is resonance. Resonance that opens it, resonance that enlivens it, resonance that calls it home. And when it finds it, the transformation begins…”

Jeff Brown
Old 05-11-2019, 06:32 PM
Knower

“You seem to think the ones you see suffer is what TFs are about. I'm explaining to you it is not and what TFs are about. You mention things of what it's about based on what you read here, which is incorrect and thus leads to incorrect view of TFs. That's why I was telling what it is really like and about. “

Exactly!!!
Old 06-11-2019, 08:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel44
“You seem to think the ones you see suffer is what TFs are about. I'm explaining to you it is not and what TFs are about. You mention things of what it's about based on what you read here, which is incorrect and thus leads to incorrect view of TFs. That's why I was telling what it is really like and about. “

Exactly!!!
before reading about "twin flames" on this forum I imagined it a good thing. But from time to time I would drop in and read some post just to get an idea of what it's about. It always blew me away to read about people meeting there twin flame and it didn't seem like a healthy type of relationship at all. I am sure most of the people here know a lot more about then I do but after reading about these relationships I could never call them a "twin flame" at this point in my thoughts on it is people giving something not healthy a nice label to make themselves feel better about being in a bad relationship. If I am going in the wrong direction on this please correct me.