Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-11-2023, 02:53 PM
Master

molearner well possibly it is somewhere in the middle? I find that I can at once hate something and at the same time be incredibly attached to that something... so like you said later maybe it is the attachment that is the issue rather than what we think our relationship is to it in terms of liking or not liking... so then this whole thing about being 'stuck' with our own creations isn't a matter of love/hate so much as that we just can't let it go (not a very good phrase any more but the best I can do lol)
Old 21-11-2023, 03:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
To travel to a destination by accepting where one was, was where one was going. Then travel no longer involves moving but instead a letting go of the idea one existed that moves.

kind of, one starts by realizing that maybe it is more interesting to deal with journeys than destinations anyway... then eventually finds oneself on the journeyless journey.
Old 21-11-2023, 03:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Not really…..attachment is attachment,,,,focus on one thing greatly narrows the field of vision…

I personally practise 'Mindfullness' I'm not to keen on jumping from one thing to another, that definitely blurs my vision....
Old 21-11-2023, 03:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I create the one's that I like
it must be nice, being lost in terrain that one actually likes. Guess though you don't have incentive to find your way home the way I do
Old 21-11-2023, 04:48 PM
Master

FallingLeaves…..”Guess though you don't have incentive to find your way home the way I do”

What exactly do you mean by this statement? Just interested.
Old 21-11-2023, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it must be nice, being lost in terrain that one actually likes. Guess though you don't have incentive to find your way home the way I do
Magical mystery tours can be exciting
Old 21-11-2023, 06:23 PM
Master

It seems IMO to be a Catch-22….if one is focused can he be open minded ? If one is open minded can he be focused ? Theoretically I lean to being open minded…..that seems to invite humility. As pertains to Christianity, fairly or not, I perceive the literalists, the fundamentalists, the ‘Pharisees’ as not being open minded…..their convictions seem to dictate a narrow focus. People will view this differently……..:)
Old 21-11-2023, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
if one is focused can he be open minded ?

I surpose it depends on what one thinks being focused is....
Imo being focused involves living in the present moment by giving my full attention/focus and awareness on the here and now. It doesn’t stop me from being open minded as everything is in constant flux, and nothing is static....
Old 21-11-2023, 07:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
FallingLeaves…..”Guess though you don't have incentive to find your way home the way I do”

What exactly do you mean by this statement? Just interested.

well the fact that i don't like where I am made me posit that maybe there was something better, and if there is something better would I like it more? It would be more like a place to call home the same way I would be uncomfortable living in vienna but I'm ok at my home? (twinkle)
Old 21-11-2023, 07:39 PM
Master

Quote:
It seems IMO to be a Catch-22….if one is focused can he be open minded ? If one is open minded can he be focused ?

Just because I hit my thumb with my hammer, and *OUCH*, that doesn't mean I can't think the hammer is still a useful tool?