Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-08-2020, 09:20 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
If you expand your consciousness now you will find that we are not in our physical body, rather our physical body is within us. A person’s consciousness can grow and expand outward like a translucent orb and go beyond the physical body while we continue to function here on earth with a physical body.

What I am talking about is known as “a state of cosmic consciousness,” which I have experienced. There is a difference between a near death experience, and out-of-body experience, and a experience of cosmic consciousness. In the experience of cosmic consciousness you do not leave your physical body, rather your consciousness expands in all directions beyond your physical body; you just grow beyond it. You remain right here on Earth in and expanded state of consciousness.

In that experience our physical body is within us, the consciousness that we truly are. We may even experience that everything is happening within us, when we learn to see through the crystal clear transparency of our own consciousness and not just through our physical eyes. But even without the experience of cosmic consciousness we are not in our physical body, as our aura extends beyond our physical body. Our aura is our radiance.

This is why we can sense things and people when they enter a room, because our own presence extends beyond our physical body. I have been around highly developed spiritual people whose presence could fill and auditorium, and when they spoke from a stage thousands of people who were in that auditorium could feel them. We are not limited to our physical body even as we may perceive ourselves experiencing life through a physical body.

Explore the eternal moment of the continuous here and now and you just may find incredibly awesome things that have always been part of our lives.

Yes I know what you are talking about...

But that "Cosmic Consciousness" is the final endgame?

I don't know about you, but that will get boring.

I think is more fun to be able to shift between dimensions, bodies and big & small consciousness with total freedom
Old 28-08-2020, 02:36 PM
Administrator
Hello

It is interesting to look at passing as that final Out of Body experience. When one travels out we are still very much connected to that physical body and what that holds. Does it hold our consciousness ? I have wondered on that one as we have I feel a Soul and a Spirit that is a part of us but not the whole of us.

Where do we go when we pass, that is open for great debate, as we have to die to find that out. I do not feel that a Near Death Experience or Event tells you fully where you go or what happens. More its a mix of your consciousness and spiritual beliefs.

What I do know is that you do carry on when you pass over on some levels as a Medium can connect to that energy or person. What we connect to is again open to debate. Having been with those making that final passing, I know that you do leave in some sort of body, something that holds onto that essence of whom you were in the living.

Lynn
Old 28-08-2020, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualFreedom
Yes I know what you are talking about...
But that "Cosmic Consciousness" is the final endgame?
I don't know about you, but that will get boring.
I think is more fun to be able to shift between dimensions, bodies and big & small consciousness with total freedom
Boredom is and emotional response and in my spiritual experiences there are no emotional responses.
Although I have had people tell me that they thought inner peace was boring. I find the experience of
cosmic consciousness incredible. It is and experience of oneness with all things.

The thing about the cosmic consciousness experience is that you don’t have to leave your body when
the physical body dies. If you are already existing in a state beyond your body at the time of physical
death, all you do is drop your body and move on. In my opinion it makes for a much smoother transition.

On my death bed I strive to go beyond the dying of my physical body before my physical body has
died and I am forced to leave. Practicing that state of expanded consciousness now can be helpful to
a person at the time of physical death. Why wait to be evicted?
Old 28-08-2020, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

It is interesting to look at passing as that final Out of Body experience. When one travels out we are still very much connected to that physical body and what that holds. Does it hold our consciousness ? I have wondered on that one as we have I feel a Soul and a Spirit that is a part of us but not the whole of us.

Where do we go when we pass, that is open for great debate, as we have to die to find that out. I do not feel that a Near Death Experience or Event tells you fully where you go or what happens. More its a mix of your consciousness and spiritual beliefs.

What I do know is that you do carry on when you pass over on some levels as a Medium can connect to that energy or person. What we connect to is again open to debate. Having been with those making that final passing, I know that you do leave in some sort of body, something that holds onto that essence of whom you were in the living.

Lynn
In my experience of having helped a lot of people die, I would tell them not to anticipate or
have any expectations, as they are entering another dimension that has rules and laws unlike
this physical world.

I have had many out-of-body experiences, and yes we are still connected to our physical body
in those experiences. A silver cord, which I refer to as a “spiritual umbilical cord” maintains that
connection.

But in my opinion that cord is severed at the time of physical death. I embrace what Taoism says,
that “nothing in the universe is what we call it here on Earth.” Here on Earth we know things by
the labels which we place on them.

I have seen lots of people die, as an army combat medic during the Vietnam War, later and
ambulance paramedic, and then as a nurse working in the emergency room, and at a hospice.
Some people die in great fear and pain while others die at peace with themselves surrounded by light.

I think it has something to do with their state of mind at the time of death. I also think right now
people can learn a great deal about their own death by staying conscious when their physical body
is sleeping at night.
Old 29-08-2020, 03:43 AM
janielee

Cat

Quote:
If you expand your consciousness now you will find that we are not in our physical body, rather our physical body is within us. A person’s consciousness can grow and expand outward like a translucent orb and go beyond the physical body while we continue to function here on earth with a physical body....
I want what you have, Starman!
Old 29-08-2020, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I want what you have, Starman!

You already have it my friend. Right now you
are on the path to awakening to that reality.
Old 29-08-2020, 04:20 AM
janielee

Quote:
You already have it my friend. Right now you
are on the path to awakening to that reality.
Thank you, I would love to be. I am so inspired by you, Starman. Thank you so much.
My question though is how - is it the silence of the mind, Starman? The meditation?
Love and bless,
JL
Old 29-08-2020, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Thank you, I would love to be. I am so inspired by you, Starman. Thank you so much.
My question though is how - is it the silence of the mind, Starman? The meditation?
Love and bless,
JL
The silence is thick and rich but for the mind it can be very scary. It is only the ego that freaks
out because the ego always has something to say. That is why humility is so important.

Meditation is always happening, it is like a flowing river and all we do is jump into that river with
our awareness and flow with it. It carries us in the stillness of its’ silence. Meditation is with us
even if we know nothing about meditation. It is just in giving it our attention that we speed up
the process.

Whatever you are going through right now is your particular way through, you would not be going
through it otherwise. We each have our own unique puzzle to unravel and each person will unravel
their puzzle in their own unique way. Still waters run deep is a saying river boatmen used to say.

If the water had ripples in it then it was considered shallow. We are all making ripples in the water.
To go deep we have to be still inside. With that silent stillness comes a very natural patience,
not one which questions how long it has been.

That silent stillness also nurtures and expansion of consciousness. Along the way you are liable to
encounter a lot of love and humility, as well as and ocean of wisdom. But don’t look for these things;
let them come without grasping for them.

Gradually climbing the expansiveness of consciousness, you most likely will look back at where you
once were with fondness, and smile at the joy, pain, and confusion you may have previously experienced.

I cringe at my own past ignorance, and even deeper than that, I was so arrogant and did not even
know I was ignorant. I laugh at that too. What a journey it has been. Upon leaving this physical
existence you will look back on your life here and it will appear to you, and feel very much,
like a dream.
Old 29-08-2020, 04:58 PM
Experiencer
To stay forever on "cosmic consciousness" or to stay forever on "heaven"

Not for me. I am not like that

I want to move, to travel, to morhp into different bodies, to see other non-human planets, to experience wild adventures, to see all of the spectrums of reality with complete freedom, independence and control where the action is.

I will never give up my ego, intelligence, identity and memory in the "afterlife"

One of my OBE goals is to recover that memory lost of who I was back then before this physical life
Old 29-08-2020, 05:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualFreedom
To stay forever on "cosmic consciousness" or to stay forever on "heaven"

Not for me. I am not like that

I want to move, to travel, to morhp into different bodies, to see other non-human planets, to experience wild adventures, to see all of the spectrums of reality with complete freedom, independence and control where the action is.

I will never give up my ego, intelligence, identity and memory in the "afterlife"

One of my OBE goals is to recover that memory lost of who I was back then before this physical life

It's interesting and illuminating to hear how you feel now but have you considered that after you pass over - and become re-acquainted with the world you came from - you are likely to see things differently?

Those things you crave now will be available as a matter of course although ego might not be unless you make a deliberate choice to retain it. The rest are yours 'as of right.'