Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 07-06-2020, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you are 14 or older, it is a lot easier process.

If I were you, I would go to your county seat and go to your county's Supreme Court. Ask for where is the court's library. At the library, the librarian should be able to assist you in getting a blank form which you can fill out. You can download the form from the State Capital. The form is the first form in the list. It is form CV450. It can be found here Wisconsin Statutes 786.36 and 786.37. The librarian will tell you have to fill out the form and then file the form with the County clerk while at the same time pay a filing fee (I believe the amount is $164.00). The librarian also can tell you the cost of the filing fee.

As you are at the court, look around for a newspaper, generally small, that deals with business, liens notices, etc. Grab a copy of the newspaper. It probably is one you never saw before.

Why you need this newspaper, is you will have to provide a written document that has to be published, generally at least 3 different times, in the notice section of the newspaper claiming you want to change your name. Sometimes the newspaper can give you a couple archived copies from other petitioners who wanted to change their name. If you can get this, all you got to do is modify the document by substituting your name and try to reduce the word count. The more words you use, the more it will cost to publish.

The newspaper, after publishing the notice 3 times, will give you an "Affidavit of Publication” which you will have to file with the County clerk's office.

Why use this newspaper: others use it because the rates are a lot cheaper then other newspapers.
Thank you Big John with providing information. Geeze 164.00 dollars is the fee in Wisconsin ? I'll have to keep saving up money. The Filing fee for a legal name change is 401.00 dollars in the state of Florida.

Getting my name changed is something I might consider doing or not. Thanks everyone for their comments .

Last edited by girlsearching : 07-06-2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:09 PM
Master
yep i no boy it wz in my yr did soons he turn 18/19 he did changg it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 09-06-2020, 04:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
Thank you Big John with providing information. Geeze 164.00 dollars is the fee in Wisconsin ? I'll have to keep saving up money. The Filing fee for a legal name change is 401.00 dollars in the state of Florida.

Getting my name changed is something I might consider doing or not. Thanks everyone for their comments .
Your welcome.

You wrote "I'll have to keep saving up money" or you could stop buying this and that...........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-06-2020, 05:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Your welcome.

You wrote "I'll have to keep saving up money" or you could stop buying this and that...........
But I like buying this and that......

You are right though In order to go through with the name change process I'd have to save up enough money for the fee.
Old 25-09-2020, 04:23 AM
Aditi

Jane is a lovely name. Are you still thinking about changing it?

I changed mine, it's kind of a messed up story.
When my mum was pregnant with me, she was dating this guy, and he thought it would be romantic if he went behind her back, filled in the paperwork and named me after his mother. Which was especially awkward when they broke up a few months later, as you might imagine.
I ended up called by a nickname, using a surname that wasn't my family name.

When I legally changed it, I made the nickname my first name, used the name my mother had wanted to give me as a middle name, and changed my surname to one of Durga's epithets.

The process was reasonably easy here (in New Zealand), but it was pricey -worth it, though.
Old 25-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Master
I'm satisfied with my first name but I've been thinking about using both my father and my mother's family names. It would roll better of the tongue. In Spain and Latin America they use two family names as well. I like that tradition of honouring both families.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:25 AM
Master
Thanks for everyone's advice and experiences of the process of changing your birth name I really appreciate you guys.

Last edited by girlsearching : 08-11-2020 at 03:24 AM.
Old 18-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Knower
I am legally changing my name first chance I get, but I do have to get the money together. Fortunately, where I live now, it will be easy for me to get to court when I need to be there. However, I just moved so I'm not sure if depending on when I change my name if I'll have to go to court here or back in my original state?