Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 20-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Knower
Jainārāyan = Hindi pronunciation and transliteration of Sanskrit जयनारायण Jayanārāyaṇa, "victory/hail/glory to God".
Old 21-12-2019, 01:13 AM
Guide

I chose the name Blue Tiger to honor one of my spiritual guides. He appears in the form of a magnificent blue tiger, light blue with navy blue stripes. Not a spirit animal, though, but an actual intelligence and guide. He's telepathic and "talks" to me when we're working together.
Old 18-09-2020, 12:48 AM
Aditi

I often wonder about the usernames people choose.

In Sanskrit language, aditi means "not bound"; absolute freedom and security. Aditi is the name of the mother of the Devas, and one of the oldest names of Devi.
Old 18-09-2020, 01:03 AM
Master

I just chose something random.

I like campfires. I once took care of a campfire which was blazing underneath a blanket of stars out in the bush. The flames were to scare away predators and protect a stockhorse whose job is was to carry belongings up a mountain range for me during the day.

It was all very wonderful, the stuff dreams are made of. The trip was heaven and hell all wrapped up in one but I only remember the good parts haha

I have many fond memories from around a campfire. Always lots of laughter and stories to be told and to be created around a campfire.

Keep the flames alive!

RedEmbers.
Old 18-09-2020, 01:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
Hi I am curious if anyone has anany stories on there names. Mine is Tesla, and it actually means "of the axe" which sounds like something like chopping down a tree or something. Well, it sounds combative.

I named my son aiden and his name means "little fire" which is cool he was gonna be a pisces but he rushed out early and is an aquarius. Lol

All this time, I thought your name was inspired by Tesla, the scientist.
Old 18-09-2020, 04:10 AM
Master
I could have picked a better User name. I'm not a girl I'm a woman in her adulthood . I'm still searching though for what..... I have no clue. I guess I'm still a girl and have tendencies of someone with a inner child maybe .
Old 18-09-2020, 07:35 PM
Master
mine is a nickname that my friend Wendy originated. She is a lifelong sister/friend and it honors me to use it. Plus, my usual online name Starchild was already taken.
Old 19-09-2020, 07:30 PM
Knower
Arjhan
It's a slight re-spelling of a Persian boy's name:
Arjan - A kind of fir (tree); a kind of mountain almond

For me, it's the name of an Other Life as a centaur and a djinni. The art I use for my avatar is Arjhan, commissioned last year by an artist I know, Fia Orädd. There's a larger image I can link if anyone wants to see him in full. I thought Fia did a wonderful job from my description
Old 20-03-2021, 12:57 PM
Deactivated Account
My 'name'/user ID is the name of the oceanic water spirit of Germanic lore:

(copied from my site)

[1] Klabautermann Lore

The Klabautermann is a creature from the beliefs of fishermen and sailors of Germany’s north coast, the Netherlands, and the Baltic Sea, and may represent a third type of kobold or possibly a different spirit that has merged with kobold traditions. Belief in the Klabautermann dates at least to the 1770s. – Wiki: Kobold

The Klabautermann also never appears at anchor or in a light breeze, but only in a severe storm of about force 11* (60 knots), with a matching sea state of about 15 feet. When the Klabautermann appears, the boat and its crew are in serious trouble. His appearance is a foreboding and dreaded warning of the worst to come, as in the old German folk song about a boat going down on the North Sea Doggerbank with all hands. All my sailing friends including my grandfather, the old windjammer sea captain, agree with this interpretation.

*11 – violent storm, 12 – hurricane

I can’t say I ever saw the Klabautermann myself, but I heard and felt him around me on at least three significant moments. He is the sailor’s personification of the powers of nature in a severe storm. If you ever sailed under those conditions, with storm jib and try sail, or just lay hove to, with hopefully enough sea room downwind, you know what I am talking about. There is so much power in the rigging, that shrouds and stays begin to vibrate vigorously and shake the entire boat. Everything begins to shake and quiver, everything hums, whistles and screeches. The noise is horrendous, on deck and even worse below decks.

If you happen to be on watch, you have to yell at the top of your voice to be heard, while below decks everything begins to rattle: pots are clanking, dishes are clinking, silverware is tingling. It sound as if someone, though invisible, is having a big and loud drunken party below. Sail bags fall off their shelves with a loud thud, cabinet doors will eventually open, disgorging their contents with an unbelievable crash. It is mayhem! And when the boat falls off a specially big wave, the bell on the foremast rings, one eerie ring only…

The Klabautermann has arrived! You can’t see him, but you hear him for sure, and you hope he won’t take the boat down. It is a bad situation that sailors dread.

So you see, there is nothing funny about a Klabautermann. He is no good luck charm and does not look like the jolly old fellow with a corn cob pipe. How landlubbery can you get!

I grew up in northern Germany between the Baltic and the North Sea, where I sailed and worked on all kinds of ships/boats. Even worked in a shipyard. Since coming to the US, I have sailed trans-Atlantic twice (on a 45’ schooner and a 60’ classic racing yawl).

Wikipedia admits basing their Klabautermann info on one source only, which, however, is never identified. So, how much trust do you boaters out there have in something like that? But worst of all, it totally fails to explain how the Klabautermann got his name, what he stands for and implies:

The Klabautermann is the sailor’s/fisherman’s personification of the loud, intimidating noises of nature in a severe and threatening storm at sea. A visit from him mostly means the end for the boat and crew. – Richard Zollitsch (zollitsche canoe adventures)

Below 40 degrees south there is no law. Below 50 degrees there is no God. - Old Sailors Adage

'In the eyes of the sea and of death, everything that is false, petty, ungenuine and untrue passes away; all empty phrases, all ringing words are extinguished; every human vanity, every human covetousness sinks away. In the face of the sea and of death only the simple, the unpretentious and the true is of value - and ultimately only the deed!' - Kptlt. Kaden
Old 30-03-2021, 07:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Anything bright :-) I like my name