Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-09-2020, 09:09 AM
Master

spirituality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It's not about labels, it's about people who don't understand and when it comes to mental health and Spirituality specifically, few even want to think about it. There's a difference between a label and a diagnosis.

I've worked in mental health, so I don't need beliefs or opinion in this respect.

What often happens in the Spirituality vs mental health debate is that people with nothing more than an opinion become experts in mental health, and they're so expert they don't realise how ridiculous what they're saying is. If someone has no clue about what constitutes mental health, how do they know they're not labelling a mental health issue as Spirituality? It wouldn't be the first time that's happened. And regardless of how Spiritual anyone wants to call themselves, if they think about Spirituality then it's being processed by what's in their noggin.

Historically there have been 'spiritual' people who have have been ignorant,selfish , superstitious , weak , indecisive , dull (and thereby qualifying for label/tag psychology professional may want to tag) . However such people are at best in their journey of spirituality in varying degree . However I dont consider them as real spirituals in real sense of the term (people having spiritual orientation more than material orientation ) . Hence I do not agree to the subtle hint at spiritual and schizophrenia originating from same part of the brain . Nevertheless in view of widespread prevalent experiences i can very well understand your observations though not accepting it as aforesaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Being Spiritual doesn't earn you brownie points, the intention and reasons behind it makes the difference.
People trying to earn brownie points with spiritual labels are not really spiritual (your own rationale- intention & reasons behinds it fails them in spirituality test).

It's not about brownie point .Its about reality .

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 24-09-2020 at 10:25 AM.
Old 24-09-2020, 09:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Historically there have been 'spiritual' people who have have been ignorant,selfish , superstitious , weak , indecisive , dull (and thereby qualifying for label/tag psychology professional may want to tag) . However such people are at best in their journey of spirituality in varying degree . However I dont consider them as real spirituals in real sense of the term (people having spiritual orientation more than material orientation ) . Hence I do not agree to the subtle hint at spiritual and schizophrenia originating from same part of the brain . Nevertheless in view of widespread prevalent experiences i can very well understand your observations though not accepting it as aforesaid.
There is empirical data as proof that Spirituality and schizophrenia come from the same area of the brain. It's not a subtle hint - this is just a tactic. Whether you are materially- or Spiritually-orientated is not dictated by your beliefs and opinions, it's dictated by your brain having the capacity to process Spirituality. Or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
People trying to earn brownie points with spiritual labels are not really spiritual (your own rational- intention & reasons behinds it fails them in spirituality test).

It's not about brownie point .Its about reality .
No they're not really Spiritual, and yes it is about reality but to them, it's about their reality and in their reality Spirituality has its rewards and status.
Old 25-09-2020, 07:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Spirituality is an interesting subject. We can talk about it for hours and days. To experiencer. What is being shared and pointed to are coming from the undisturbed. To seekers that have read volumes about it, know about it but have not experienced it. The merging part takes time. Each experiencer will described through analogy, metaphor ect differently. But the door that the experiencer pointed to are the same one door where all past and present masters have to pass through individually.
Be free,stay free and safe. Our brain do need to go for holiday. Leave it in a safe box while the master are on spiritual journey.