Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 06:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Here are some traits of real spiritual people:
"Asleep!"
Surprisingly there is some merit in your observations…….:). Counterintuitive though they may appear……..
Old 09-08-2021, 09:01 PM
For a deeper understanding of the Sermon on the Mount, may I suggest Emmet Fox's interpretation
and The Vedanta's interpretation ...books on Amazon. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-08-2021, 10:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
For a deeper understanding of the Sermon on the Mount, may I suggest Emmet Fox's interpretation
Miss Hepburn,

Share what you can….:). By the time the books arrive this thread will be long gone……����
Old 10-08-2021, 12:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I would also suggest "The Sermon on the Mount According to Vedanta" by Swamit Prabhavananda (order of Ramakrishna Paramahansa).
Here is the link to the PDF:

https://estudantedavedanta.net/uploa...on_vedanta.pdf
Old 10-08-2021, 07:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I would also suggest "The Sermon on the Mount According to Vedanta" by Swamit Prabhavananda (order of Ramakrishna Paramahansa).
Still Waters,

Thank you for that very illuminating link. I can understand the appreciation that Hindus or any theistic religion can have for the Beatitudes. It is more problematic for philosophies that deny God, the spirit or soul. Other philosophies could have adaptations that would acknowledge the wisdom of the majority of the Beatitudes. While I had suggested prefacing the Beatitudes with “graced with spirit” instead of “blessed” for a deeper understanding, others might adapt by saying “fortunate”. That is with the exception of the first and most important Beatitude….’blessed are the poor in spirit’….no one can be expected to be thankful for something they do not believe(spirit)…..and, of course, ‘blessed’ itself implies being graced from someone/something outside of one’s self….a deity.

The beauty of the link is that it provides insight from fresh eyes. The understanding of Christians can be greatly hindered by their familiarity with scripture……..they have memorized much without pursuing a deeper or symbolic meaning. IMO it is always worthwhile to revisit the familiar with the intention of removing blinders……
Old 11-08-2021, 07:36 AM
Master
A Buddhist Vision of the Beatitudes.

Blessed are the merciful, for they have learned how to be merciful to themselves.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they have looked into their heart of darkness and smiled with the wisdom of a Buddha.
https://mettarefugedharmanuggets.blo...eatitudes.html
Old 11-08-2021, 12:46 PM
Master
QUOTE 25 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I can understand the appreciation that Hindus or any theistic religion can have for the Beatitudes. I
....the first and most important Beatitude….’blessed are the poor in spirit’
I was fortunate to have accompanied my spiritual mentor to the Khumba Mela in Haridwar (India) in 1998. Relevant to this discussion, there was one thing that forever stuck in my mind. There was a Hindu Swami speaking (in English since I don't understand Urdu or any of the Indian languages). He spoke on The Sermon on The Mount. When questioned by some one in the audience about his choice of a Christian scripture in a Hindu setting, he simply replied: "The teachings of Lord Jesus are among the best anywhere." He then proceeded with his discourse on the Sermon of the Mount.

In keeping with the theme of this thread, "Spirituality" can be approached from many perspectives in accordance with the various wisdom traditions.

On another point raised in your post, I am curious to hear why you consider "blessed are the poor in spirit" to be the most important Beatitude. My personal preference is "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God" since it is one of the only two Judaic-Christian scriptural passages that directly point to seeing or knowing God. (The other is Psalm 46:10 - Be still and KNOW that I AM God.)
Old 11-08-2021, 12:50 PM
Master
QUOTE 26 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they have looked into their heart of darkness and smiled with the wisdom of a Buddha.
I never heard that quote before, but I love it ---- particularly the link between "pure of heart" and "smiled with the wisdom of the Buddha" !

Last edited by Still_Waters : 12-08-2021 at 12:40 PM.
Old 29-09-2021, 06:17 AM
Pathfinder

Advance science and physics that are not yet the norm in our society, but will be when humanity evolves to greater consciousness and more awareness.
Old 31-10-2021, 05:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Spirituality meaning to me

It's path to find god
Closed Thread