Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 10-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
If you wake up with the feeling of a sore throat starting, mix 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 2 Tablespoons of honey and a dash of cinnamon with 1 cup boiling water and drink it. I do believe it helps soothe the throat !
You do realize the boiling water destroys nearly all good there is about honey?

Bees keep honey in their hive at specific temperatures, not below or above, especially not above.
If you apply too much heat to honey, you no longer have honey. All you have is a sweet sludge that's just slightly better than white refined sugar.
Unless you use a preheated yellow looking substance that resembles honey.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks for sharing that nummi, but it is the combination of all the ingredients together which soothes the throat. I don't boil the water too hot, as then I couldn't drink it.

sweet sludge, lol .... how appetizing ! not
Old 10-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Master
I put a spoonful of mixed pudding spice in a cup with washed grated lemon peel then pour on boiling water, cover it and let it steep and cool then add the honey and squeeze some lemon juice in.

You can also use flake barley in this for colds and flu, fresh spices like grated ginger are better too,

I have also heard that besides destroying the benefits of the honey, making it too hot could also create toxins.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Deactivated Account

toxins ?

interesting recipe with the mixed pudding spice, and I like the idea of adding the fresh grated ginger. I just got some and was wondering what to do with it. For some strange reason, I thought one could just slice off a piece and eat it, lol.... nope ! burns the mouth .....

Thanks Podshell !
Old 10-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Master
I just scrape bits in with the end of a sharp knife, and lately if I am using ginger in soups etc, I just cut slices into a chunk of it and throw the chunk it in the pot.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Sounds good, thanks again Podshell .... I don't want to derail the thread too much with the ginger. There is one in the Nature section you might like to check out, about growing ginger.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:36 AM
Newbie ;)

I tried it when I was in Andorra for few months.
They have small local honey brand 'Le Souffle d'Adore' in every hotel. So I used this mixture before every morning ride to stay hydrated. Lost weight and actually never felt so good during the ride. It also was delicious. Now back to home can't find alternative that good. You can order it online, but the delivery costs a fortune (for US).