Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 09-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaei

Since I've been doing it for a few days now my mind starts to get
the urge to ask to be connected to my higher self, ( while still breathing of course) is this a thought process that I should just observe? Or should I expect for this to happen out of meditation?

Sorry if that's confusing..
No, it's not confusing ...but it made me laugh because, wow, that is so wonderful.

Notice your mind didn't say, Go get some ice cream, now!
Honey, anything that urges you to go to your Higher Self...feeeeel that urge,
it is a thirst from your soul.
Sit with that feeling.
Congratulations!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Now remember..what we believe and what we expect and what we say....
happens.
Maybe read over in the Manifesting and LOA section to see what I mean.
Your subconscious mind just registered your CAPS....and
that's where everything comes from.

If a person wants to lose weight but repeats , "It's SO HARD!".
Well, it will always be hard.
If the next attempt the person says, "Ya know this losing weight is actually
pretty simple." It will be.

Approach meditation as you would holding a sleeping puppy...sweetly and gently in every aspect...if the puppy has
gas while in your lap...
laugh!

I have heard this before but tbh i did not believe it at the time i have read it.

Thinking of it now, well that might of been my problem all along!

I have been my own worst enemy all along. hehehe
Maybe i should read it, thank you Miss Hepburn for reminding me.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Master

What if the puppy pees on you?
Old 09-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle

Just see at as a thought and don't hurt the puppy.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
No, it's not confusing ...but it made me laugh because, wow, that is so wonderful.

Notice your mind didn't say, Go get some ice cream, now!
Honey, anything that urges you to go to your Higher Self...feeeeel that urge,
it is a thirst from your soul.
Sit with that feeling.
Congratulations!

Haha now your response made me laugh! But I never thought of that so thank you when I ask myself that during meditation I start to almost immediately see a outline for a head but then it changes to all kinds of shapes and sizes swirling around. I guess like a ball of energy would do. Maybe if I keep it up it will become more detailed.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
So, how does that sound...?

I have been reading around in different threads and there seems to be a
a recurring 'issue'.
Hard to stop thoughts
Distracted
Lack of success, whatever.

NOW, what if you tossed that entire word and at the beginning... you 'sat'.
That's all...comfortably sat, still, quietly for a certain amount of time?
And them, threw out all concepts of mindlessness, mindfulness, emptiness and samadhi?

So let's say for a month you sat in the darkness and stillness of being undisturbed...to enjoy thought.

Thought about wondrous things...thinking 'a movie scene' for 30 minutes.

About....love...$$...travel...a new baby...happiness in everything...confidence and freedom....

What does that mean? You have enjoyed yourself, changed your chemistry,
relaxed every system in your body...and MADE A NEW GROOVE in your brain...of Joy!

One month...then let's talk about this 'emptying'...and a
successful meditation...hahahha!

I try to redefine everything. At least for myself. Meditation is one of those things which should be redefined. I believe there are passive active meditations and there are actively active meditations. Today I chatted with a friend about spirituality. It was very good. There was a time for seriousness and there was laughter. It is my goal to make every living moment a meditation. Or, at least, an attempt for meditation.

Surely we should seek to be the best we can be in all things. Every moment is precious. Every moment is an opportunity to express the greatest part of yourself in that moment. We fail, of course, but if we do not place our attachment on the result, and instead focus on the process, then we can step closer to being better than we were before. The fool fears mistake making, and in doing so, makes even more mistakes. The wise acknowledge that our mistakes are our greatest teachers.

Whatsoever is wrong with being wrong?

If one person says one way of meditating is right and another is wrong, what of it? Where should I focus my attention? Every movement, every action is a communication. There is a time for stillness, and there is a time to tame the monkey mind. And if you don't agree. Who is to know what is truth from untruth? Who is the authority? We can say what is right for another? No one. Each individual must decide what is right for themselves.

I tell you the truth when I say that there are a lot of people who truly don't know much of anything. But, then again, why should you believe me? I say, indeed, why should you? You should believe in yourself though. The self is the highest authority, for it is the very thing which decides what is right or wrong is you, at least, for yourself.

Or should I believe the Buddha, or Jesus? Or any other teacher? But when a person believes in a person from the past -who is the one that decides which way to lean? It is in the self.

In the beginning there was the self, in the in-between moment there was the self, and afterwards, there was the self. When we seek authority from the external we are already lost. Simply because to search for truth externally, a person must have already presumed that the self lacks what is necessary.

Excuse me as I search for the necessary to end my sequence of words.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 09-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
LOLOLOLOL....laugh like I am now!!!

That was great Belle!

adamkade, love that post!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
I have found that meditating on your thoughts to be very tough meditation practice. I have allot of thoughts and most of them are not positive. I think to myself, you want to get out your head not in it.

I also get very agitated when i do this meditation and keep thinking: i hate this and want to stop. I can see that this practice when you get it right can be very rewarding for a person like me but wow its very though.

I have done this practice before and have had some success and the key to this meditation is to see thoughts as thoughts. When you think i cant do it or like i was thinking at the time, i want to stop... that it's just another thought and you should just observe it as a thought and not get lost in the content of it and try to let it pass.
I understand what you're saying. My brain hates being quiet. It prefers to think, think, and think. My suggestion is to pick a phrase and say it over and over and over while you're meditating. Just practice focusing on the one phrase instead of your other thoughts. It gets easier over time. The key is to keep practicing even after you get distracted by your negative thoughts. You can always re-direct your attention back to a single phrase. Of course, this is difficult. I'm still struggling with meditation, but having a point of focus for my mind to repeat over and over is probably helpful for my active mind. It may be worth a try for you as well.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerena
I understand what you're saying. My brain hates being quiet. It prefers to think, think, and think. My suggestion is to pick a phrase and say it over and over and over while you're meditating. Just practice focusing on the one phrase instead of your other thoughts. It gets easier over time. The key is to keep practicing even after you get distracted by your negative thoughts. You can always re-direct your attention back to a single phrase. Of course, this is difficult. I'm still struggling with meditation, but having a point of focus for my mind to repeat over and over is probably helpful for my active mind. It may be worth a try for you as well.

Yea me too, i am addicted to thinking lol

Thanks for you info.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Hi Emmalevine,
Very good post and probably reflects many others' thoughts.
(And hi Belle and anthony :)

I did wonder if I present myself as never having had problems, traumas, pain, grief and depression...
ha, just because I'm through so much...of course, grief can come at any time and I never
block or repress that, but feel it in all of it's depth for a long time!
I digressed.

Tackling our traumas or anything that keeps us from peace (bad job, bad relationship, bad living situation, bad ruminating thoughts...)
and living our life happily is a 'job', indeed!
I certainly didn't get here without therapy, reading, getting advice, praying, practicing detachment,
(ie, being the observer/witness) but, mainly God's Grace
that allowed me to forgive and gain insight as to the perfection and purpose of all the 'bad stuff'.

One of the things that is a problem for so many is never letting go, never forgiving, reliving the traumas,
thus, not seeing the profound perfection with our terrible childhoods
and all the other terrible things.
(Omg, there are murders and suicides of loved ones, rapes, all our money embezzled!)

Repression...no.
Denying and ignoring...no.
But, wallowing or blaming, hanging onto these terrible things that have happened to
us like they are 'who we are'...can be transformed into great wisdom.
This is important to remember, we do not have to live this entire life with an Albatross around our necks**.

One of the things that I understand is not all of us came here to quickly heal
with a few sessions of therapy, and Shazam!, life is all rosey now.
Some were meant to have a tougher life for their particular lessons.

This is the thing...there comes a time (and maybe not this lifetime)
when we are to realize the power we have;
when we see we can decide to be happy and free....and then,
do the work.

The work may be disciplining ourselves to sit in stillness each day for a solid hour..
(since this is the meditation thread, after all).

If someone should decide that that is an avenue to peace of mind...
they can lay there past trauma's on a shelf...to be taken down if they chose and dealt with in all the ways available;
some mentioned above.

For those that have dealt with issues and simply have active thoughts bothering them
while sitting in silence each day about money and all the work they need to get done, they can learn that
it is as easy as changing the channel or to replace these bothersome thoughts and partake of the loveliness
of an hour of peace.

My take anyway.

** Reference, 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner'...Samuel Coleridge

Thanks for responding to me so thoughtfully Miss H.

I do have a lot of respect for your posts and outlook on life.

I agree with what you say - and it's a delicate balance to discover, I find. That balance between having a choice (to heal, to change thoughts, to vow to find a new way) and to let the pain of the past rule. My point is that of course it can be a very long process. What it comes down to is awareness. When one is aware, the battle is halfway won.