Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 30-09-2021, 07:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Have you ever experienced a lucid dream?

Let's define what a "lucid dream" is to ensure we are exploring the same phenomenon. Take Wikipedia's explanation: "A lucid dream is a type of dream where the dreamer becomes aware that they are dreaming. During a lucid dream, the dreamer may gain some amount of control over the dream characters, etc..."

Yes, I have had lucid dreams in which I was aware that it was a dream state and I took over control of my character in the dream. The dream state format was pretty much the same as that of the waking state: duality. I wasn't drifting in non-duality where time and space vanished much like what J. Krishnamurti recorded in his Notebook and Journal.

Mind you, I do not dismiss the J. Krishnamurti experiences as spiritual nonsense. As a matter of fact, I intuit that his "episodes" (during which the state of duality - which is our paradigm of existential reality - dissolves) is critically important to humanity's deliverance from a *deleted, personal opinion* existence in which we are all caught.

However, every claim of transcendence of duality must pass the test of sanity. I would rather die like a dog in this hell of an existence in which we are all caught than escape in delusions in the name of spirituality. I have never cheated in exams as a student or look at the answers in the back of the math book and fudge the solution through "reverse engineering". An honor student can still graduate to be a crook. And the spiritual world, in my opinion, is populated by crooks and their victims.

Last edited by ayar415 : 01-10-2021 at 01:28 AM.
Old 30-09-2021, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
And the spiritual world, in my opinion, is populated by crooks and their victims.
Aw, I'm sorry that was your exp, really.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-09-2021, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Coffee is Absolute. LOL!

My first cup of the day is my version of Bullet-Proof coffee. I start with good beans and to the cup of coffee add half&half, a lump of ghee, a lump of extra virgin coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon of unsweetened 100% cocao powder and froth it up with a whisk. It's so GOOOOOOOD!!
Gasp, should I tell you privately or in a pm!!!!!
No, here cuz it could help someone.
You put cocao in? Try Mushroom Tail powder, google that, it can do 10 things
for you! Tastes /smells 95% like cocao.
Ref to: Netflix "Fabulous Fungi"...getting rid of 5 cancer tumors in 90 yr old.

NOW, anyone here have Non-duality experiences?
Anyone become the Universe or merge with the air and dematerialize?
Let's compare notes.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-09-2021, 09:12 PM
Knower

Quote:
I have been reflecting on your post trying to grasp what you had conveyed. Others here seem to get it but I don't.
1. What do you mean by "I am really here!"

2. You were 4. Why, at that age, did you surmise that you parents wouldn't understand what you were experiencing? I was carrying a 2 year old tot on a moonlit walk. She pointed to the moon, and said to me, "Sit there?" She didn't think I would find it crazy to want to sit on that yellow ball floating in the sky a quarter of a million miles away.

3. You have later, presumably as an adult, deduced that your experiencing life as a "Dream" when you were 4 was because your personality was not fully integrated. What do you mean by that?
No.1: Evidently it hadn't really dawned on me that I was or wasn't somewhere. I guess that realization may be ho-hum for most. For some reason, it came as a shock! I felt like I went from playing a part in a Play to sitting in the Audience.

No.2: My parents were obviously lost in the Drama on the Stage. They simply couldn't imagine Life being a Dream of Consciousness. They were well caught up in a "fundamentalist" belief system. At least it was obvious I couldn't convince them otherwise. At 4, I already knew I was smarter than them. Ha! But, at 69, my family still considers me the nutjob...

No.3: Once out of the body, knowing you aren't that, is an astounding revelation and the implications are almost beyond comprehension. The problem is every part of our social system keeps us in these bodies even down to the pronouns we use. We start becoming an integrated into that social structure before we're born. A lucky few can rise above it.
Old 30-09-2021, 09:22 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
No.3: Once out of the body, knowing you aren't that, is an astounding revelation and the implications are almost beyond comprehension. ... A lucky few can rise above it.
I truly believe past life knowledge influences this greatly. ..carried over.
How else are children experiencing oneness, for example ---or having
10 Ascended Masters appear at their bed at 3 yrs old?
Some of us knew non-duality at a young age...even if for a minute, before Bonanza came on.
Adyashanti talks about his at 8, I think.

Old 30-09-2021, 11:06 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Yes, I have had lucid dreams in which I was aware that it was in a dream state and I took over control of my character in the dream. The dream state format was pretty much the same as that of the waking state: duality. I wasn't drifting in non-duality where time and space vanished much like what J. Krishnamurti recorded in his Notebook and Journal.
Think about Enlightened Masters. The world of name and form still appears to them, however they "see" it for what it is. It's not necessary for time and space to vanish like it does in deep sleep or deep meditation.

The "knower" that "knows" the causal state (deep sleep) is the same "knower" that "knows" the dream and waking states. Its non-dual nature is not dependent on which state it's "knowing".
Old 30-09-2021, 11:13 PM
Master

Quote:
An honor student can still graduate to be a crook. And the spiritual world, in my opinion, is populated by crooks and their victims.

i saw a quote somewhere on here today... that spirituality for most people who practice it isn't an attempt to be free of bonds so much as an attempt to be more comfortable with the life one has... which in my view is quite a different thing. Although I do know when things are going your way you are happy despite the reality of the situation you find yourself in. And with enough effort up front... you can buy things going your way and then rationalize about those who won't give in and do the same as being somehow lacking compared to you and your own lot... simply because they don't have things you have and may even seem destitute from your POV.

But the reality is each of us have our own life which is as rich as any other, and all this posturing to try to figure out who is king of the hill and the idea you should desire to give up the life you were given for something else just because someone else says the words 'you should prefer it' is just one mean moment after another.
-----------------------------------------------------
Delusion runs rampant, as I know full well... I've spent most of my adult life in a deluded state. As if anyone can get entirely past it lol!

I call it the cherubim with a flaming sword. The deal is you definitely won't make trouble trying to find eden as long as you are satisfied with your lot in the here and now... so you are encouraged to find something to do to assuage whatever discontent you started with, and to at some point to assume you've discovered a path that will take you where you want to go so you can be happy with it. Because you won't search for something to assuage your pain if you can convince yourself you aren't in pain.

Of course you have to pay a certain price to step over that threshold... but when you find you've got the money you gladly pay it because quite frankly, suffering sucks. But what people don't realize is that later the money to pay it will be wrestled from their grip and they get to start at square one. Again. Personally that game has started to tire me out!

Anyway as an apparent non-sequitor, any time I try to be on the side of good it turns out lacking in some way... and evil isn't any better. Makes a good case for non-duality although I suspect (can't prove) that is just another mine field. As people practice it. But the bible did say there are powers and principalities, in high places, that do nothing but evil...
Old 01-10-2021, 02:01 AM
Knower

"I'm only here for the nonsense." -- Anon
Old 01-10-2021, 04:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Think about Enlightened Masters. The world of name and form still appears to them, however they "see" it for what it is. It's not necessary for time and space to vanish like it does in deep sleep or deep meditation.

I think only of the real world, the one that I have a problem with. Personally, life is ok. Since I was born, I have been insulated from the miseries that others suffer. One doesn't have to be filled with compassion to be disturbed by the sight of human suffering. Like Siddharta, I see it and am disturbed by it. If he ever existed and was not a mythic figure, he would have been as repelled by the sight of human poverty and denigration as I was on my visit to India many years ago. Back home in America, the situation may not be as endemic but it exists. The Enlightened Masters don't exist in my world. In them, I have no interest.

Also, all my teachers from kindergarten to the professors in college never talked about the "knower that knows". And later in life on the job, when I was training a rookie engineer, I did not do that either. You get what I am saying? In my former profession, people die if we are not on the ball with name and form, this and that, and multiply that by a safety factor of 2.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:05 PM
Quote:
I think only of the real world, the one that I have a problem with..
ayar415, sorry if I have asked you before - but why post in th Non-duality section?
I understand being curious and reading in the section.
Do you have an agenda to influence us to not think in non dual ways?