Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 19-08-2021, 12:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary isaak
I heard the definition that the false self is a set of thoughts and feelings and that it has no real existence. Still, I cannot fully understand it . Is every thought and feeling a part of the false self? If we re enlightened, will thoughts and feelings disappear? ...
If you are enlightened, in my definition, you will no longer be in this reality and with this no feelings which arise out of emotions, nor thoughts which are triggered by the mind.

You will perceive in a different way and you will know.
In regards to a false self, I have nothing to say, since I can not see a "false self" only a Self.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-08-2021 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 19-08-2021, 12:25 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
What does change with the realisation of the Self is that the separate personal identity vanishes. We still have to work with our vehicles of expression, but we no longer identify as being the small personal self.
Peace
That is very interesting view. Thank you so much Iamthat. So, does it mean that one can reach self realization without external change (same job, places, friends)?
Old 19-08-2021, 12:44 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
If you are enlightened, in my definition, you will no longer be in this reality and with this no feelings which arise out of emotions, nor thoughts which are triggered by the mind.

You will perceive in a different way and you will know.
In regards to a false self, I have nothing to say, since I can not see a "false self" only a Self.

Wooow, that should be a very advanced state. Thanks Rah nam! I ve read some great sufis describing this same state but still out of the scope of my imagination. I cannot think of a life without having thoughts and emotions. But from my experience, when I feel connected, I can have 1 or 2 minutes with no thoughts or feelings.
Old 19-08-2021, 12:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Wooow, that should be a very advanced state.
problem in my mind being that once you come to that state and begin to cherish it, you just get lost in a different way than everyone else is already lost. Only you are taught to like it and maybe others like you clothed that way, so you accept it and it never enters your mind there may be something still more you might wish to deal in.

This place is unforgiving in the myriad ways one might like to be misdirected.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-08-2021 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 19-08-2021, 01:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you so much MikeS80...
Yes, thoughts either come from the false self, which is mostly created by conditioning/programming, and is finite and limited or thoughts come from oneness, which is not conditioning/programming, and is infinite, unlimited, and all knowing.

I will use Legrand's sunglasses metaphor as a way to explain further: Looking at the cosmos through sunglasses is the false self/conditioning/programming/disorder/chaos, and looking at the cosmos without wearing the sunglasses is oneness/order/truth. Looking at the cosmos without wearing the sunglasses is our true nature, however the conditioning/programming that creates the thoughts that create the false self covers up our true nature deeply with the false self's thoughts of judging, evaluating, analyzing everything, thinking too much and etc. Not looking through the sunglasses is seeing and perceiving everything as everything truly is, Looking through the sunglasses is not seeing and perceiving everything as everything truly is.

Thoughts create and effect the way we perceive and see everything. if you have thoughts about the universe as being chaotic or in another negative way, you will perceive and see the universe as being chaotic or as some other negative way, If you have thoughts about the universe as being orderly or harmonious, you will perceive and see the universe as being orderly or harmonious. It all starts in the mind. Oneness is everything, including the mind.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-08-2021 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 19-08-2021, 02:26 AM
FallingLeaves, Mike and Rah nam ...Now, what is it exactly that causes you to not quote 2-3 sentences?
As you may know we are simply deleting posts at this point of people that know full well
this has been asked by the Admins since 2020.
It really is puzzling to me. Thank you.

Mary, welcome, and sorry, this has been a request of the Admins for so long we stopped mentioning it ..so
newbies have no idea, of course.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-08-2021, 02:46 AM
Master
sorry for quoting 3 sentences.
Old 19-08-2021, 05:08 AM
Knower
Thank you so much for the information Miss Hepburn I will make sure to quote maximum three sentences in the next posts.
Old 19-08-2021, 05:15 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
This place is unforgiving in the myriad ways one might like to be misdirected.

Thank you so much for the profound answer FallingLeaves. Sorry, I am not sure I understand correctly. Does it mean that when one experiences and cherishes the state of stillness, it is very easy to deviate from the path of the Truth?
Old 19-08-2021, 05:22 AM
Master
In order to discern and so distinguish impulses coming from lower mind (ego) vs those from higher mind (universe, spirit), love as oneness is Gods energy … blissful, expansive, whereas any other thought rooted in separate identity is from mind body entity.

Thus taking consciousness as singular, we are where our attention is at. Until each cell of our body is not fully magnetised, energised by love and light, it is inevitable that our attention will veer towards self-serving (egoic) impulses.

It is alright to talk of mind-body as a vessel, an instrument but for all practical, moment to moment purposes, we are here and need to deal with it. Period. Personally, I don’t subscribe to negation but rather acceptance, fully embracing all that is.

The journey from recognition of oneness (non-duality) as God being all there is, to assimilation of this knowing within, in permanence, is what we can witness, as we choose* (*by yearning, prioritising) to align all sheaths of consciousness with love & light. This requires a stillness continuum …