Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-08-2021, 07:12 AM
Eelco

It depends.
I am mediating my *** off periodically to make sure I don't come back,
But then again. Even though my actions will come to completion in other lives. I am quite certain that the construct, figment, fabrication that believes itself to be me will be gone when this set of causes culmination in Eelco cease. I.e. this body dies and my carelessly sprinkled wants, ideals, and intents will have to find their completion elsewhere.
Old 31-08-2021, 07:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
It depends.
I am mediating my *** of periodically to make sure I don't come back,
Whatever it was (***) you're meditating off you may wish to consider why you seem to believe that meditation will lead to your not returning to this world in the future......

We set the goals for ourselves before we enter this world. We choose - and are helped to choose - a life that should enable us to achieve our aims. But we may not achieve all of them and/or may not be satisfied with how we behaved whilst incarnate. After we have passed over we later review the situation and consider whether we want/need a further incarnation at some future point.

There may not be any certain way to make sure you won't want to return to incarnate life in the future. I certainly don't know of one.

blessings
Old 31-08-2021, 08:25 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
There may not be any certain way to make sure you won't want to return to incarnate life in the future. I certainly don't know of one.
blessings
Theravada Buddhism has provided me with some answers here. Heck the central premisse of the Buddha was entering a state of non-returning or nibanna.
Old 31-08-2021, 08:32 AM
Eelco

for what it's worth. I am not ascribing to the popular notion we come here to achieve some goal set in a pre-birth sanctuary.
When someone dies, he/she leaves behind a legacy of unfulfilled wants and desires. From the scientific fact of preservation of energy, those desires need either completion or annihilation. When we are born. we pick up some of these desires and wants that are floating around if you will. (possibly through some law of attraction) that's Kamma.
We either complete them or make them dissolve. And often generate an even more elaborate set of desires to make the lives of those that come after us miserable.
Old 31-08-2021, 09:55 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Theravada Buddhism has provided me with some answers here. Heck the central premisse of the Buddha was entering a state of non-returning or nibanna.

As you know the way to achieve your aims you have everything taken care of. I wish you all good fortune.... blessings
Old 31-08-2021, 10:20 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
As you know the way to achieve your aims you have everything taken care of. I wish you all good fortune.... blessings
TThank you, alas as with every endeavour. No certainties. One step following the next.
Old 24-09-2021, 07:08 PM
Experiencer

If we leave a mess behind, it is only common courtesy to clean it up before moving up to the next rooms. Given our history, this clean-up may take some time, or fly by just like that, it's up to us. You make it, you get it.
Old 28-09-2021, 03:57 PM
Ascender

If human beings are going to destroy the planet, I really don't want to come back here. I'd be fine coming back some place else.
Old 20-02-2022, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I've been actively doing something about it for quite awhile!
Forget the Christian idea about Heaven - what about not coming back,
that is, moving onto to bigger and better things than earth life?
Watcha doin'?
I continuously work on my flaws. I read up on spirituality and all I *should* be doing to keep myself from needing any further reincarnations. Cutting karmic contracts with people (read about this in a book by Dr. Harmony about twin flames).

Essentially, you have a LOT to learn and develop before you can move on. Some can do it in a lifetime, some aren't ready yet, whether they like it or not. I always had a "feeling" that I wasn't coming back again, since I was about 15 and first heard of reincarnation. Ever since then, I thought this was the last one.

With that said, I figured this life would be the one where I would finally reunite with my twin flame in a romantic bond. And we DID meet!!! But, I pushed so hard for it over the years that we met before she was ready. So, I had to let go of the "runner" of the two of us so she could work on her issues and prepare for the intensity of our union. I only hope she can do it in this lifetime, so we don't have to come back again.
Old 21-02-2022, 11:12 PM
B. Civyl

That’s one heck of a question, Miss Hepburn, and I’m afraid I don’t have a great answer. Just keeping the faith, I guess. The logical side of me believes in the all-important quest for greater truth. I suppose that’s part of what has led me to this site. The problem is, the more I research, the more I don’t like what I see. I don’t mean God or His creation, nor the beauty of this world of which you are far more in tune with – and for that I admire and am even kinda jealous. I wish I could see the beauty you see. But I look at this world, where we’ve come from, where we’re going – and it’s like watching a trainwreck. I turn on the news everyday because as much as it hurts, I just can’t look away.

I want so badly to be free of this world, and logically speaking, that means I should be learning everything I can – every religious text, everything I can find on spirituality. I should be studying philosophy and astrophysics. But most days I’m playing video games or watching television. Pretty counterproductive if you ask me. I joined this site recently as an outlet for what I’m feeling and a way to maintain some semblance of truth-seeking in my life, because I’ve really shut myself down to it. I shut myself down because it scares me that maybe I’m right about society and where we’re headed. After all, I didn’t know much of anything about religion, faith, spirituality or even science when I went through my awakening. But I researched. And the more I researched the more it confirmed what I had already figured out for myself by means of synchronicity and subconscious. If I was right about all that, then what if I’m right about humanity and where we’re headed?

I said it scares me but that’s really not it. I’m more saddened by it – disappointed. Either way, it’s more unbearable that I wish to subject myself to sometimes. And it’s more psychotic than I can afford to let it encompass me when I have a family and kids to be strong for. So I go through life as normal as I can – for my family, for the state of my own sanity. I try my best to keep my mind pre-occupied so I don’t have to think about it. And I invest and contribute to my 401K, planning for a future I don’t believe exists. I shut myself down to the pursuit of truth because the truth I see is that this world, God and His creation, His purpose for us, it’s just all so incredibly beautiful that I can’t bear to see us fall so incredibly short of His Glory. We’ve got all the potential in the world, and we tarnish it so terribly.

It takes people such as yourself to remind us of that beauty once in a while, and it takes people to inspire us to achieve such beauty in our own lives. The problem is that people aren’t inspired by that beauty anymore. Even so many who proclaim themselves to be true children of God, instead ignore His teachings and embrace arrogance, hate and avarice as they look down on, shame and judge others un-righteously. We’ve really become such an ugly species.

So what do I do to keep myself from coming back to this world, not much. I try to put the news down and look the other way, because the pursuit of truth only brings me more pain than I care to feel, and I hope and pray that my faith alone is enough to bless me with a ticket out of here. Because for so long I’ve been more concerned with earning my ticket – by asking myself what I can do to keep others from coming back. Sadly, after much trial and failure, I’ve resigned myself to the same answer. Not much.