Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-01-2021, 11:28 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
It's interesting that some people look for God (or an equivalent truth) through not-thinking, while others through over-thinking ... I believe both paths to be futile.

Similarly, some religions / spiritual-movements use the tool of sexual abstinence, while others the tool of sexual ecstasy.

People ...

Well like I said I'm not saying this is the definitive truth. I just hope that it is, and I was wondering if anyone had any NDEs or spiritual experiences that could point to something similar to what I've thought, or at least the basics.

1/ That there is a god, who is genuine and benevolent.

2/ That you're not forced into other horrible lives.

3/ That good people are rewarded, but that there is no eternal hell either.

These things might comfort me, though probably not given how horrible my anxiety is.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:04 PM
Master

Personally I cannot see how and in what way any god has to do with the afterlife.
Those things which we call 'paranormal' don't need a god either.
They can be explained or not be explainable with or without a god. Once we really start investigating all of those odd and strange things which have happened and happen maybe we'll have an idea of what energy is behind these invisible worlds.
That which we understand as being 'the afterlife' will probably be something we cannot imagine, simply because we have no indication in any way about the condition or state of the afterlife and so imagine it to be a continuation of our daily experiences. We probably convert the picture we have in our minds of the afterlife to suit our comprehension. Just as we do when trying to imagine life on other planets.
From my own experiences I'd say that the afterlife (as it is known) is as much a part of nature as is a tree. It is probably a natural progression, being dependent upon gathered or collected information (of everything) and its perceived values. We are totally intertwined with nature (although it may not seem it) and are giving and receiving constant feedbacks.
None of us will get rewarded or punished in the afterlife we'll simply be in that state or condition we have achieved. Being a goody won't help and being a baddy won't hinder.

It's all the same to nature.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadguy347
Well like I said I'm not saying this is the definitive truth. I just hope that it is, and I was wondering
if anyone had any NDEs or spiritual experiences

that could point to something similar to what I've thought, or at least the basics.

These things might comfort me, though probably not given how horrible my anxiety is.
Aw, I'm so sorry for your anxiety.

I rem a friend in 1982 had the same issues. At that time, I suggested she read , "A World Beyond' by Ruth Montgomery ---
but really written by her friend on the Other Side, the medium
Arthur Ford. Lucky us! She still thanks me!

Yes, I have personally had experiences - but, I don't know what good
assuring you again will do that we are not 'forced' into lives.
We are not.

There is no eternal hell, period. We can, however, create our own temporary hellish place from our guilt, anger or bitterness, sure.
That is how powerful our minds are.
But, helpers always come to visit to remind us of something higher ---our choice, tho.

And I have experienced up-close and personal, directly, no dogma, or book involved ...That you can not even imagine
the love that God Is or has for you ... but it is good to try and imagine! hahahahah It gets you closer to experiencing it.

Check out what I suggested in a prev post -so many questions will be answered.
Take care.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Aw, I'm so sorry for your anxiety.

I rem a friend in 1982 had the same issues. At that time, I suggested she read , "A World Beyond' by Ruth Montgomery ---
but really written by her friend in the Other Side, the medium
Arthur Ford. Lucky us! She still thanks me!

Yes, I have personally had experiences - but, I don't know what good
assuring you again will do that we are not 'forced' into lives.
We are not.

There is no eternal hell, period. We can, however, create our own temporary hellish place from our guilt, anger or bitterness, sure.
That is how powerful our minds are.
But, helpers always come to visit to remind us of something higher ---our choice, tho.

And I have experienced up-close and personal, directly, no dogma, or book involved ...That you can not even imagine
the love that God Is or has for you ... but it is good to try and imagine! hahahahah It gets you closer to experiencing it.

Check out what I suggested in a prev post -so many questions will be answered.
Take care.

That's the best response I've heard yet. If you don't mind my asking, what was your experience with God?

Also if you don't mind my asking how close do you think my theory is to the truth?
Old 09-01-2021, 09:17 PM
Master

Quote:
I just hope that the eternal return theory isn't true. Thinking about those awful moments from childhood and having to live them out again is driving me crazy.

I can't help but feel eternal return is more likely to be true because the universe is such a cruel, horrible place, my idea of a nice creator won't have any truth to it.
Quote:

It does not make sense that the spiritual journey or the evolution of consciousness is a circle where we continually repeat the same situations. I prefer the idea that consciousness evolves as a spiral. So yes, the nature of Creation is governed by cycles but with each new cycle we are on a higher turn of the spiral, so our experiences and our responses reflect our past learning.

You regard the universe as a cruel horrible place, based on your experiences in this lifetime. I regard the universe as a loving benevolent place which supports our growth and development. Yes, I had my fair share of issues to deal with when growing up, but that was all part of my learning. I do not blame the universe for those difficulties.

You say you had a horrible abusive childhood. Have you considered the possibility that your childhood might have been your responsibility? Who knows what karma you brought with you. Have you forgiven your abusers? If not, why not? The ability to forgive is a huge spiritual lesson for all of us.

You speak about being forced into other horrible lives. I previously mentioned the book by Robert Schwartz about our Soul Plan. Have you considered the possibility that on a Soul level you chose the childhood you had precisely for the lessons it would teach you? No-one forced you into this situation, but your Soul recognised that this was necessary for your growth. And from a Soul perspective (and after all, we are all Souls), the physical experience is temporary and fleeting but the lessons learned are invaluable for our development.

Really, you have a choice. You can spend the rest of your life in fear and anxiety blaming the events of your childhood. Or you can accept all that has happened to you and move on, refusing to let your past dictate your future. It is entirely your decision.

I am currently reading Dead for Eight Days, An Extraordinary Journey Into the Afterlife by Malcolm Miller. It is very readable, and provides a good idea of what we might expect when the body dies. Try to get hold of a copy. This may put your mind at rest regarding the idea of an eternal hell.

Perhaps even consider changing your identity from sadguy to joyfulguy!

Peace
Old 10-01-2021, 12:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It does not make sense that the spiritual journey or the evolution of consciousness is a circle where we continually repeat the same situations. I prefer the idea that consciousness evolves as a spiral. So yes, the nature of Creation is governed by cycles but with each new cycle we are on a higher turn of the spiral, so our experiences and our responses reflect our past learning.

You regard the universe as a cruel horrible place, based on your experiences in this lifetime. I regard the universe as a loving benevolent place which supports our growth and development. Yes, I had my fair share of issues to deal with when growing up, but that was all part of my learning. I do not blame the universe for those difficulties.

You say you had a horrible abusive childhood. Have you considered the possibility that your childhood might have been your responsibility? Who knows what karma you brought with you. Have you forgiven your abusers? If not, why not? The ability to forgive is a huge spiritual lesson for all of us.

You speak about being forced into other horrible lives. I previously mentioned the book by Robert Schwartz about our Soul Plan. Have you considered the possibility that on a Soul level you chose the childhood you had precisely for the lessons it would teach you? No-one forced you into this situation, but your Soul recognised that this was necessary for your growth. And from a Soul perspective (and after all, we are all Souls), the physical experience is temporary and fleeting but the lessons learned are invaluable for our development.

Really, you have a choice. You can spend the rest of your life in fear and anxiety blaming the events of your childhood. Or you can accept all that has happened to you and move on, refusing to let your past dictate your future. It is entirely your decision.

I am currently reading Dead for Eight Days, An Extraordinary Journey Into the Afterlife by Malcolm Miller. It is very readable, and provides a good idea of what we might expect when the body dies. Try to get hold of a copy. This may put your mind at rest regarding the idea of an eternal hell.

Perhaps even consider changing your identity from sadguy to joyfulguy!

Peace

Thanks for the recommendation. I find it hard to believe that the soul chooses this life. Not having a go it all just feels a bit overcomplicated, though I guess mine is too LOL. Is there anything that backs up my theory just a little bit?

I do have terrible anxiety. I'm not always as bad as this. It just comes in waves. It came on Jan 3rd this year and has been hell ever since.
Old 10-01-2021, 02:04 AM
Quote:
If you don't mind my asking, what was your experience with God?

Also if you don't mind my asking how close do you think my theory is to the truth?
You're very polite - you could change to 'politeguy' -you would be amazed what that name would do!
I will answer you sometime privately - it's 'big'....and I like to give all my attention when talking
about experiences...it places me in a very reverent, humble place.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-01-2021, 10:56 AM
Administrator
I would agree with iamthat for the most part, but i have a huge problem when people say you choose your life Family etc. before you are born.
I can remember being born and not wanting to be here.
I am a medium so am aware of spirit i have had 3 NDE and from the messages i have given i know the Afterlife or spiritworld is a lovely place to be.
I know i now walk my final path i wont be back,

The situation Everyone is in because of this pandemic, is dibilitating to a lot of people Mental health issues have gone through the roof. this is over all age range to.
Help is out there but you cant get to see anyone.
Hang on in there you are not alone remember that.

Namaste
Old 10-01-2021, 06:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation. I find it hard to believe that the soul chooses this life. Not having a go it all just feels a bit overcomplicated, though I guess mine is too LOL. Is there anything that backs up my theory just a little bit?

Yes, from the perspective of the personality having to face all sorts of difficult situations it is hard to accept that we might have chosen our particular circumstances.

We might imagine that if we could really choose our circumstances then we would choose to be born into a loving stable family which supported and nurtured us on every level. We would be intelligent, creative, good-looking, athletic and healthy. We would be financially secure and all our endeavours would be successful and nothing bad would ever happen to us. Such an incarnation would be very pleasant, but in the absence of any challenges, what would we learn?

The Earth is apparently considered a very difficult planet for humans, because its density means we are continually dealing with limitations. So we all face challenges of different sorts, some more than others. But for the Soul which has completed the human experience, the rewards are immense. And these rewards are the result of all the difficulties we have overcome.

So try to be positive about the future. Life on Earth is difficult, but it is only temporary.

Peace
Old 10-01-2021, 07:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I would agree with iamthat for the most part, but i have a huge problem when people say you choose your life Family etc. before you are born.
I can remember being born and not wanting to be here.

I can understand your thinking, but what is the alternative? Are our life circumstances, family, etc completely random? Assuming that we incarnate for a purpose and we will connect with those people with whom we have karmic links, then there has to be some kind of plan which allows it all to happen, even if that plan gets modified during the course of a life.

And yes, for the advanced Soul being born once again in human form there may well be a feeling of being back in prison again, especially compared with the freedom and beauty of where we have left. Hence the idea that when a person is born the family rejoice while the incarnating Soul mourns, and when a person dies the family mourn while the departing Soul rejoices.

Peace