Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 04-07-2023, 08:26 AM
Master

Hi Fairy.
Have you got her yet ? And if so is she settling in? She's just so sweet.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:27 PM
Master
Yesterday I brought my little Roosje home. Yup, calling her Roosje after all, haha. When she was here it seemed to suit her better than Stella.
In any case, she was so cute & sweet, and when I had her in my lap we really bonded! It felt she truly belongs with me, she's home with me.
She ate well, I find her rather skinny so I hope she gets a bit more meat on her. She played, slept, cuddled, purred etc. etc.
But Nila... the first meeting seemed okay. Nila went to Roosje and they stood nose touching nose without hissing or raised hairs. I thought, wow, this is promising!!!
But then later on Nila started hissing, growling (NEVER heard her do that before!!!) and she was completely stressed out.
Roosje wasn't phased in the slightest though? Although when Nila came closer she did crawl under something.
Around 11 I took Roosje upstairs so Nila could relax as she was totally upset. And I do not want to lose my bond and trust with her.

Roosje slept well last night, not a peep. When I got her out of the front bedroom she immediately began to purr :love: :smooched:
Later on another meeting with Nila who'd been outdoors most of the morning & afternoon. Again upset.
Then I remembered I still had the Feliway spray from when Nila was a kitten and Bramble was totally upset.
I got it, checked the date, half a year past its sell-by date, dammmm!!!
I decided to spray it round regardless to see what'd happen before investing in new stuff as it ain't cheap.

And lo' and behold... Nila came in about an hour later, got on her cat tree's top platform, bit of washing, short hissing direction Roosje but already showing disinterest. Then she curled up and fell fast asleep???

I could NOT believe it?!?!
The first time EVER I've seen Feliway do what it's supposed to do and I certainly had not expected this big effect and difference?
We may not be out of the woods yet, but this is dammed promising!
Both cats sound asleep in their own basket now.
Peace and quiet whereas Nila had been fussing and stressing all night yesterday until Roosje was upstairs!

My eyes feel a bit sting-y, they've easily been very dry & sore of late and I think the Feliway is irritating them. But if this buys me a ZENNNN evening with the cats, it's worth it, for now, haha.

Oh, and Roosje... she's incredibly sweet and cuddly, but also incredibly naughty!! I don't think I've ever had a naughtier and more strong-willed cat!
What one would call a cute li'l devil, haha.
I am not sure that Nila is going to be able to be the dominant cat in tha house with her. It's taken a lot of patience from me to teach her to not get on the settee.
As soon as I turn around she's back on it again, 7 times on end!!! Looking at me like "Well, whatcha gonna do bout it?!" And a hint of guilt, clearly knowing she's not supposed to do that.
I won, this time, but a serious clash of willpower, hihi.
Feisty li'l thing!

She's got big ears, long legs, totally adorable!

This morning, right after I had my breakfast... she fell asleep in my lap, completely gone, head dropping back a bit as all her muscles relaxed, hihi.
Old 11-07-2023, 08:01 AM
Master

Awww I'm so happy you have brought her home.
I know full well that having baby pups or kittens really IS like having babies with all the care they need.
I used to have to rock my little pup to sleep in my arms when he was only 10 weeks old
Hope you are experiencing so much joy .
Old 11-07-2023, 01:06 PM
Master
Thank you! And yes, we're all more and more getting used to the new situation :) We being me and my cats Nila & Roosje.
She has an enormous amount of energy but of course she takes regular naps in between too as she's still basically a baby.
So far she's not much of a lap-sleeper. She likes to cuddle and be held etc. but easily starts to bite and use her paws as she wants to play. So I then use a cat thingie lest she doesn't hurt me. And hopefully learns that my hands are not her toys to bite and scratch :p

Whenever I do pick her up to cuddle, stroke her, she purrs. I do feel we have bonded, somehow we already did when our eyes first met when she was 4,5 weeks old. But now of course it got deeper.
In a different way from Nila who as a kitten was far more a lap-sleeper. Hours on end, every evening. Roosje doesn't do that. She's not sleepy at night it seems, the later it gets, the more energy she has, haha. And I'm not feeding her Duracell...

And oh, I so hope the colour of her eyes doesn't change anymore! It's this tan/yellow/orange kind of colour. It suits her!

The li'l rascal is cute as a button!
Old 11-07-2023, 08:10 PM
Administrator
She is so cute

Namaste
Old 15-07-2023, 09:51 AM
Master
Thank you, Native!

Little Roosje is venturing further and further, boldly going where no kitten has gone before, haha.
Last night she'd disappeared. I realised I didn't hear her anymore so I started calling and searching, alarmed.

Couldn't find her, then decided to check the extension as the door to that was blocked, but open nonetheless and Nila was in there.
And yup, so was Roosje!?
The li'l dare-devil had figured out how to get over the cardboard block AND through the magnetic fly curtain. That curtain took Nila some time to figure out, prolly more daring to go through it as it was strange, doesn't feel too great on fur/hair either.
But Roosje had done it just like that.

Thank goodness the backdoor was already closed otherwise she'd likely have ventured out into the then dark garden as well!
And I don't want her to go out just yet. She's only been here for 1,5 weeks. Way too soon!

Old 15-07-2023, 08:10 PM
Administrator
I used to hold my cat like that and in the crook of my arm he would fall asleep
when he woke up he would play with my earrings

Namaste
Old 27-07-2023, 09:32 AM
Master
It's so cute and also very bonding, isn't it, when they sleep so close to you! Completely relaxed and trusting :)
Old 03-08-2023, 02:00 AM
Dude111

Meow Meow ... Purr
Old 04-08-2023, 10:13 AM
Master
It is still difficult with my two cat girls. The kitten is a li'l naughty dare-devil. Nila -the older one of 2 years- is trying to make clear who's the boss, the li'l one doesn't seem to learn or care.
So it's not easy and I'm not sure what to do...
Thinking maybe it'd be best to find Roosje another home so my Nila isn't stressed anymore, but then again, Roosje is just a kitten and maybe it'll get better when she gets a tad older and is spayed.
She is fiery, but also very cuddly and sweet.

Decisions decisions...

Anyone have experience with this and can offer some advise?