Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 08-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Guide

Songs and Lyrics

There was a day when I woke up with a song stuck in my head. In fact, it wasn't the first time, but it was a moment I tend not to forget. It was just a few seconds of familiar melody. I managed to guess right a couple of words, and was able to hunt it down with an online search. I didn't know the song very well, but I've heard it a couple of times in the past. Perhaps you know it, it's called 'Zoom' by 'Fat Larry's Band'. What blew my mind was that this happened at a time when I was pushing hard to reach out to my angels. I read through the lyrics, and what did I see...

Just one touch and all the church bells rang,
Heaven called and all the angels sang.

After that, I noticed more often that I was either singing songs in my dreams or waking up with a random song stuck in my head. Quite a few times, I ignored them because the lyrics weren't as obvious as those posted above, but I get the feeling that I should make more of a note of them. Angels or not, these songs could be popping up for a reason.

Have you had this kind of experience? If so, what songs have you encountered and what do they mean to you?

I remember another song I was singing in my dreams a few weeks ago. It was 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face' by Roberta Flack. It's a very powerful song, very touching. I was also singing another one in a dream I had yesterday, which was 'Sailing' by Rod Stewart. I haven't actually heard that one since I was a kid! Message from the angels? I don't know, but it does have 'Oh Lord' in it, and that's after me recently trying to reach out to God again.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Pathfinder

I wake up to songs, often. When it happens for me, it's not me singing. I hear a snippet of the actual song. I always pause and think about it as I'm waking up. I believe they are messages, just like our dreams. The type of songs seems to depend upon what's going on with me, at the time. Lately, Imagine Dragons songs are pretty frequent.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Ascender
I recieve messages from my angels and past loved ones in the form of a song, I can get up to 10 songs a day sometimes depending on whats goin on and what I need to know, Its the ones that I wake up with stuck in my head that seem to have the most importance, A few songs from a passed loved one that have ment alot to me are What is life by George Harrison, When I need you by Leo Sayer and best of my love by the Eagles. It really is a beautiful thing to recieve these words of guidance and love from our angels and loved ones in spirit.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Guide

I had another one this morning, Carpenters - Close to You. As much as I know the song, I still to this day don't know all of the lyrics off by heart. I looked them up and found:

On the day that you were born, the angels got together,
And decided to create a dream come true.
Old 16-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Raina

Cool topic as have noticed songs would pop up before hearing it in a store, radio etc. Although, am a devout old skool hip hop, reggae, junglist, dnb, jazz, blues, soul, funk head...
Old 16-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Raina

My private spiritual musical leanings adore the Hours soundtrack, original by Philip Glass. Went to post the URL, computer says 'no' lol. All good
Old 16-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Fangsfriend

A few years back I had a friend who passed unexpectedly-and as I was in the grocery store shopping for ingredients to make comfort food for his family, an old James Taylor song came on the stores sound system- it was his song Fire and Rain-where he sings about "thought I'd see you one more time again".
Oh heavens! I started crying like a baby because for months I had been promising my friend I would stop and visit him and I never could find the time.
Yes, messages do come thru to you in music!