Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 08-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Seriously, I was thinking about this just today, that maybe the problem with being here is that we are ripped away from this world that you saw, that is so full of love and care, and I think it is the pain of that separation that creates everything else that happens here, all the ego attack and defences, all the desperate seeking after love, and knowledge, and unity, and how nothing works to stop the pain except re-joining with the Higher Self, but how to do that is the million dollar question.

well if a person believes in heaven like places, it stands to reason there is also something in the other direction, hell like places.

As a person who has experienced hell like alternate dimensions (theoretically. I might just be crazy, or just have a vivid imagination), I'd say we are not the lowest realm of existence and there is places worse than here. Places where an ego would be like heaven on earth, places so terrible that an ego is still marvelously useful despite its disadvantages.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
well if a person believes in heaven like places, it stands to reason there is also something in the other direction, hell like places.

As a person who has experienced hell like alternate dimensions (theoretically. I might just be crazy, or just have a vivid imagination), I'd say we are not the lowest realm of existence and there is places worse than here. Places where an ego would be like heaven on earth, places so terrible that an ego is still marvelously useful despite its disadvantages.

people like me want to explore everything.
if there's something out there to know about,
i want to have an experience with it.
there's a problem however: some experiences aren't worthwhile.
just because it's possible to do a thing doesn't mean i want to do it.
(i don't want every bone in my body to break!)

the trick is in realizing that the complete picture is available
without incorporating every puzzle piece into it.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
people like me want to explore everything.
if there's something out there to know about,
i want to have an experience with it.
there's a problem however: some experiences aren't worthwhile.
just because it's possible to do a thing doesn't mean i want to do it.
(i don't want every bone in my body to break!)

the trick is in realizing that the complete picture is available
without incorporating every puzzle piece into it.

Thank you for this wisdom, well said.

My problem lately has been thinking that I already know the puzzle, so I lazily surrender and am unhappy about that.

I need to accept the things I don't know so I can be interested in them once again.

All of this wisdom came while reading a book today that helped me shift my ideas about passion and desire. I was thinking I had to be detatched and egoless but the book said I can still be attached the a few seconds, thats normal, but I shouldnt stay attached for a long time to any one thing, because there are infinite desires and infinite ups and downs.

It said that there ought not to be such laziness like I am experiencing, I was trying to blend the acetic life with the businessman/scholar and it wasnt working.