Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 09-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Badger1777

All the symbolism pointed to my imminent death

I had a rather worrying dream last night. In this dream, I had left my job suddenly and with no notice, despite the fact that I love my job and I get on well with my colleagues. I had tied up a few loose ends, packed one small bag which I then decided I wouldn't need, told my wife and kids I loved them, but now I have to go away for a while, on my own.

I didn't take my car.

My oldest son (the only one of two that is old enough to understand yet) got upset, and this upset me too, but I told him he would be able to visit me a few times, 'when we're both awake at the same time' (which on some level I knew even in my dream meant that while he was asleep dreaming and I was still hanging about somewhere). I had no idea what journey I was going on, but somehow knew I'd be ok. I was more worried about my son getting upset and wanting to come with me, but I knew I couldn't take him with me.

Towards the end of the dream, I put on a pair of shoes. I looked at my favourite shoes, then left them and put on some other ones instead. Then I realised that I'd never worn these shoes before, but thought what the hell, they're a comfortable fit, then I woke up.

I don't like this dream. All the symbolism points to my demise. Not helpful considering I've been ill for most of this year. Can it mean something else?
Old 09-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Master

Here's another idea

Maybe representing a change in yourself and how you see yourself. Shoes I think of stepping out in a new identity.. Leaving current job, a journey of change, a new role. Saying goodbye to your son may not necessarly mean goodbye to your real son but could also mean saying goodbye to yourself, a younger self. Cant take son with you, leaving old self behind.

Maybe you are about to go up a level in maturity spiritually or just advance in another way.

I sympathise on your bad health right now, Im in same boat and keep wondering if Im going to die.

I had a dream about my uncle dying about a month back, with all the symbolism backing that so spent several days concerned due to that dream. He's thou still alive.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Badger1777

Thanks @Sea-dove. You may be right. In fact one way or another, you are definitely right. Either my health is doomed and I will die soon (big change) or I will get a lot better and re-manufacture my current self, which I've already started doing having joined a martial arts club for the first time in 2 decades, getting my bike out more, tackled some underlying problems in other areas of my life etc.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having health issues too. I think I saw on another thread about that. I hope your health situation improves soon.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:04 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
Here's another idea

Maybe representing a change in yourself and how you see yourself. Shoes I think of stepping out in a new identity.. Leaving current job, a journey of change, a new role. Saying goodbye to your son may not necessarly mean goodbye to your real son but could also mean saying goodbye to yourself, a younger self. Cant take son with you, leaving old self behind.

Maybe you are about to go up a level in maturity spiritually or just advance in another way.

I sympathise on your bad health right now, Im in same boat and keep wondering if Im going to die.

I had a dream about my uncle dying about a month back, with all the symbolism backing that so spent several days concerned due to that dream. He's thou still alive.

i absolutely agree. dreams aren't often explicit in meaning-i find they are almost always symbolic. and sea doves' take on it i think is spot on.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
i absolutely agree. dreams aren't often explicit in meaning-i find they are almost always symbolic.

That's what worries me. If I'd dreamt that I was about to die, then I'd have woke up thinking 'yeah, yeah, death dream ago... yawn'. It was more because nothing in my dream actually hinted at death, other than the symbolism.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
I had a rather worrying dream last night. In this dream, I had left my job suddenly and with no notice, despite the fact that I love my job and I get on well with my colleagues. I had tied up a few loose ends, packed one small bag which I then decided I wouldn't need, told my wife and kids I loved them, but now I have to go away for a while, on my own.

I didn't take my car.

My oldest son (the only one of two that is old enough to understand yet) got upset, and this upset me too, but I told him he would be able to visit me a few times, 'when we're both awake at the same time' (which on some level I knew even in my dream meant that while he was asleep dreaming and I was still hanging about somewhere). I had no idea what journey I was going on, but somehow knew I'd be ok. I was more worried about my son getting upset and wanting to come with me, but I knew I couldn't take him with me.

Towards the end of the dream, I put on a pair of shoes. I looked at my favourite shoes, then left them and put on some other ones instead. Then I realised that I'd never worn these shoes before, but thought what the hell, they're a comfortable fit, then I woke up.

I don't like this dream. All the symbolism points to my demise. Not helpful considering I've been ill for most of this year. Can it mean something else?

There is actually a lot of symbolism that point to an awakening as opposed to true death. It can feel like death to have that big of a shift but a change in job means you are leaving your old mission behind, that lesson you came to learn is finished and you are ready to move onto the next task. There is only a few loose ends to finalize on this and then you take what is left of the lesson with you to a new perspective (small bag) This is a shift you will make in thinking or being that will create a change in you that is different then how you are now and hence this may cause a bit of concern about leaving your loved ones behind. But it is only something you can do, they can't help you. Your son may be a bit worried about you as you go through the transformation, they can be difficult, but you assured him that after you have awakened, moved past your current lesson for good, you will be better able to relate to your son on a deeper level then you currently do. It is possible your son already has the understanding down that you are about to achieve and so you will be more on his wavelength then maybe you are now. But it is a shift in attitude and perspective and how you approach life. Your favorite way of living is going to change into something new (shoes). I suspect your illness has been the catalyst for this change in perspective on life. Maybe you are learning to live in the moment because of the illness where before you fretted over every little thing. Well, you know what it is you are learning if you look closely at your life and the words that you say about it and yourself. But it sounds like whatever you are trying to learn is going to come to a head and be finally resolved. A shift is coming and it will be worthwhile once you have completed the transition. Best of luck.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Badger1777

Thanks Michelle, and all, good points raised.

Michelle, I think you're definitely onto something with my illness being the catalyst, and teaching me to live in the moment. It is since my illness reach a climax (with me being rushed to hospital having collapsed unconscious and nearly died) that I have been trying to change my lifestyle, living more in the moment etc. For a few years now I've wanted to go back to martial arts, but been too self conscious to do so, fearing that I'd be the oldest person there. Since I nearly died, I've bitten the bullet and joined up, and thoroughly love it, even though I've had to go right back to being a beginner.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Master
I agree with sea-dove on this one. I think this dream is telling you there will be changes coming your way in your life. I have had so many dreams of me dying that I figure well we can only die once, so most of the dreams that I have are symbolic, well mostly every one is. Unless is a dream warning you of something. You can take extreme measurements to reassure that your health gets much better, and it can get much better!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Experiencer

I often dream that I am dying, or actually dead. It used to be said that a dreamer couldn't experience his own death. That's apparently not true, as I am still "here". Sometimes a death dream can be a warning from the subconscious to attend to a health issue. The symbolism, as others posted, could be like the Death card in the Tarot - not often referring to literal death, but the passing of an aspect of the self. What dies is reborn - not the same, but different, and sometimes better.