Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 30-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Childhood Abuse and the Chakra System

I had this up on the old SF - though I reposted it but couldn't find it so here it is - I feel this can also be applicable to ANY type of abuse at any age:

http://www.ofspirit.com/lesleyschneider1.htm

Common Chakra Blockages
When too many unresolved emotions or memories are stored in a chakra, it becomes blocked. Some common reasons for blockages to chakras as a result of Childhood Sexual Abuse are as follows:

• Crown - There are two possible reasons: We are angry at God for not rescuing us, or we never want to return to our body to feel the memories of the physical experience.

• Third Eye - Our psychic abilities allowed us to pick up the feelings and thoughts of our abuser during the abuse.

• Throat - We were ordered to never tell about the abuse.

• Heart - It broke our heart to have someone we trusted and loved abuse us.

• Solar Plexus - The power-over nature of abuse results in our personal boundaries being forcibly knocked down, leaving us feeling powerless and victimized.

• Sacral - The sexual nature of the abuse, plus feeling you had to hide your feelings about the abuse, caused us to shut this down.

• Root - You lived in a constant state of survival, plotting how best to avoid further abuse, working out how to survive the actual abuse.

(I've long since moved on from this but I know others may find it helpful as a guide with healing.)
Old 30-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Master
interesting connections to the chakras in relation to this..

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 30-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Uhmar

thank you for posting this..it is needed by many
Old 30-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Kapitan_Prien

You're Welcome :-)
Old 30-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Master
thank you so much for posting this! i needed it
Old 30-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Kapitan_Prien

You're Welcome :-) It does help to 'make sense' of much of the 'emotional mess' when healing trauma from abuse (at least I thought so).
Old 30-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Master
yes it does!
Old 31-01-2011, 02:42 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien
You're Welcome :-) It does help to 'make sense' of much of the 'emotional mess' when healing trauma from abuse (at least I thought so).
Yes, it makes interesting sense
Old 31-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I too thought it was quite interesting, TheMaster.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:06 AM
piscespower96

I really like this. I volunteer at a center for children who have been sexually abused.
I think it's important for people to know not just the physical and mental harm done onto a child who is sexually abused, but the energetic harm done. And this type of harm can be the most difficult to repair, in my opinion.
Thanks for posting this-- it was needed!