Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 23-04-2020, 01:36 AM
Seeker

I don’t actually relate to my sun sign very much at all.. I was overdue and am on the Cancer/Leo cusp. Have always felt more a Cancerian than a Leo, and also have my Mercury in Cancer. Sure is worth exploring your birth chart if you can :)
Old 23-04-2020, 05:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
In regards to the sun sign, I read many years ago that the sun sign represents the energy that the soul wishes to embody in its earth experience.
That could be why some people may not feel at home in their sign because they do not fully understand how to embody it's energy.

Many older Virgos who have met who have embodied the Virgo energy seem very self - contained energetically, grounded and process driven.

From one point of view, astrology is a journey or a map representing a souls journey through all the lessons of each of the astrological houses. If you believe in reincarnation then a soul might travel through each house to focus on the energy of each sign and master that energy before moving on.

Each astrological house has virtues which a soul learns and masters as it passes through. Virgo represents full mastery and embodiment of the spirit, grounded into the physical plane. (not a tall order at all, sarcasm lol).
This is what a soul might like to learn from Virgo energy.

I hold on loosely to most beliefs but I have been able to use my own astrological chart to transform a lot of my own energetic experiences.
I did not start to embody the virtues of my sun sign until fairly recently because the energy of my ascendant, moon and north and south nodes are such strong energies that they overshadowed my more muted sun sign and it has taken me a while to learn how to embody the energy of my sun enough to be able to ground those other energies.

Perhaps for those people who do not ressonate with their sign could ask themselves if their are any virtues about the sign which they would like to learn and embody?

Then feel I to the energy of that sign and notice if anything attracts your energy to the energy your sensing, feeling (however you observe energy personally).

I kinda feel many may reflect more aspect of their sun sign when they are kids or younger in age before being influenced by their environment. Just a thought.
Old 23-04-2020, 07:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I kinda feel many may reflect more aspect of their sun sign when they are kids or younger in age before being influenced by their environment. Just a thought.

Interesting that you mention this because as I was writing my post, I was reflecting on how much more "embodied" I felt in the aspects of my sun sign when I was twelve years old.

(twelve years is the age which I felt my most "embodied" into my natural personality and essence). My energy was definitely very much 'refined' Virgo at that age and it has been a guidepost for me and what I was desiring to return to, post - - - adolescent conditioning and trauma wound unbonding.
Old 23-04-2020, 08:16 AM
ant

Quote:
(twelve years is the age which I felt my most "embodied" into my natural personality and essence)

Organic for want of a better word.

Then transitioning and at an age where the said state becomes easily mislead and corruptible.

Teen years spent wanting to grow up and become an adult.

Then realizing at some point,it's not all what it's cracked up to be.
Old 23-04-2020, 09:25 PM
Guide

Suppose,

Just that I am,

Virgo Sun, Moon, Rising, Mercury, and Venus

& found out my Virgo Sun, Moon, and Mercury are all in the 12th house (Pisces). With my Virgo Rising and Venus in the 1st house. (Aries)

I'm on no cusps, as you can see. & as you can see, Virgo sun or Virgo Rising child to now...has no consequence, other than, I did grow up in abuse, and because I was a "soft" child, it unwillingly led me to a "soft" adult hood, with a bit of a flare, due to not balancing my energies. I have read that those with Virgo moon, are quite young emotionally, yet when I was younger, I was a lot older than I am today..

& my Fortune is in Virgo.
Old 23-04-2020, 09:40 PM
Master

Astrology can't replace good psychology.

I had to use the latter to sort through trauma. Nothing in the spiritual world helped me to resolve trauma. In fact a lot of spiritual topics only embedded the trauma further.

Looking at my own chart served to draw my attention to what traits I wanted to consciously develop or move away from. Psychology/ a good psychologist helped me work through the blocks which were disconnecting me from myself.

That is just MY experience of course.
Old 25-04-2020, 08:23 AM
Master
Quote:
22-04-2020, 05:58 PM
Green.Heals
Experiencer

Virgo is self conscious no matter the placement, it just depends on your experiences and being conscious of ones self. A matured Virgo is different again.

I would say don't wish for Virgo placement anywhere else. I have Virgo in just about everything.

Anyhoo like most of these threads, it really depends on your entire chart, and the environments you flourish in.

To Girlsearching
Last edited by Green.Heals : 22-04-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Huh you might be right . I never thought about that maybe in general The Virgo is prone to self consciousness more so than the other signs . I agree also that it depends on one's own experiences and looking at the rest of the natal chart.
Old 25-04-2020, 08:45 AM
Master
If you went by the Vedic zodiac (Hindu astrology), the Sun sign is Leo but your Western says Virgo. I wonder if there is some correlation of your western or whatever your sign is in other cultures.

Also I didn't know there were different types of branches of Astrology : Agricultural astrology, Medical astrology, Katarchic astrology, Judicial astrology. I wonder if it's still practiced today or not. I know I didn't list them all .
Old 25-04-2020, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Astrology can't replace good psychology.

I had to use the latter to sort through trauma. Nothing in the spiritual world helped me to resolve trauma. In fact a lot of spiritual topics only embedded the trauma further.

Looking at my own chart served to draw my attention to what traits I wanted to consciously develop or move away from. Psychology/ a good psychologist helped me work through the blocks which were disconnecting me from myself.

That is just MY experience of course.

Agreed. Astrology is just a fun thing, but it doesn't and can't deal with the specific individual.
Old 26-04-2020, 05:03 AM
Master
I feel like all sign interpretations have been watered down by Western sun sign astrology to be honest.
I feel like you can discover so much more going back to older textbooks.
The worst part is that people discredit themselves not delving deeper into symbolism & potential.