Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 01-11-2020, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyscott
I was thinking about something this morning. If we can channel dead people and spirits why wouldn't we be able to channel living people. And if we were able to channel living people would they be consciously aware of it.

Just me, musing around.............

If a person is Out of Body (i.e. OBE), are they similar to a discarnate spirit?
If a person is having an Out of Body Experience (OBE) and the person wanted to communicate with somebody 'living', would they go about very similar to the way a discarnate spirit does?

And what happens if a person allows a walk-in to step in? The walk-in seems to take over the host body. How is that different from that of a discarnate spirit wanting to use a body for channeling?

And then there are accounts in the Bible of 'demons' taking over a body. In some case more then one 'demon'. Are the 'demons' discarnate spirits?

............. a lot of musing.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 01-11-2020, 09:38 AM
Master
Hello,

When you channel living people it is called telepathy. When you do this there are levels of conscious awareness. This has a lot to do with matching energetic frequencies. However the conduit for telepathic communication is a person's higher self. Even a good matching vibration with some one can be restricted by the HS.

In my mind, all channeling is a subset of telepathy. I can appreciate the term channel as a description for information exchanges. We have trance channels who receive insights with there intellect kind of shut off. That is often the best way to receive information the receiver is not able to comprehend intellectually. The telepathic person has a hard time doing some thing like this. You need to enter some kind of sleep state to shut the intellect down. When that happens the information resided in their subconscious.

My experience with channeling has really involved using telepathy. From what I can detect, all channels are using telepathy. Telepathy was defined for me as a Shared Experience. An interesting description.

Any way since we are talking about channeling living people, I was kind of amazed no one has yet talked about telepathy.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 01-11-2020, 02:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Just me, musing around.............

If a person is Out of Body (i.e. OBE), are they similar to a discarnate spirit?
If a person is having an Out of Body Experience (OBE) and the person wanted to communicate with somebody 'living', would they go about very similar to the way a discarnate spirit does?

And what happens if a person allows a walk-in to step in? The walk-in seems to take over the host body. How is that different from that of a discarnate spirit wanting to use a body for channeling?

And then there are accounts in the Bible of 'demons' taking over a body. In some case more then one 'demon'. Are the 'demons' discarnate spirits?

............. a lot of musing.

Hmm.interesting. In an obe experience then I guess the person would try to get someone's attention just like a spirit would.

And if I allowed one of these astral projected people to walk in. Not sure I always have a choice on that matter. lol It could theoretically possess me and use me as a conduit. Just as say a demon could possess a person. Maybe a person could possess another person to. That is pretty crazy.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

When you channel living people it is called telepathy. When you do this there are levels of conscious awareness. This has a lot to do with matching energetic frequencies. However the conduit for telepathic communication is a person's higher self. Even a good matching vibration with some one can be restricted by the HS.

In my mind, all channeling is a subset of telepathy. I can appreciate the term channel as a description for information exchanges. We have trance channels who receive insights with there intellect kind of shut off. That is often the best way to receive information the receiver is not able to comprehend intellectually. The telepathic person has a hard time doing some thing like this. You need to enter some kind of sleep state to shut the intellect down. When that happens the information resided in their subconscious.

My experience with channeling has really involved using telepathy. From what I can detect, all channels are using telepathy. Telepathy was defined for me as a Shared Experience. An interesting description.

Any way since we are talking about channeling living people, I was kind of amazed no one has yet talked about telepathy.

John

So I guess that would be the whole purpose of hypnosis. Bypass the intellect or conscious mind. It makes sense that telepathy is used in channelling or any form of non verbal communication whether it be spirit or person. So the shared experience as a description is interesting. I guess it can be used to communicate complex and abstract idea's. I wonder if you could even communicate the whole comprehension of a subject. Not just the information but also the understanding as well.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
That spirit has to be willing to communicate - you can't force one to do your bidding.

You can't 'channel' living people other than in the uncommon situation
of a person in a persistent vegetative state or long-time coma, for example.
Well, that's how I was leaning, too. But, I'm no authority.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2020, 03:09 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,
When you channel living people it is called telepathy.
Well good thing I read a little bit more, cuz I was ready to type the SAME thing!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2020, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyscott
I wonder if you could even communicate the whole comprehension of a subject. Not just the information but also the understanding as well.

Hi,

That is the true purpose of telepathy. To experience an understanding instead of conceptualizing it.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-11-2020, 08:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, that's how I was leaning, too. But, I'm no authority.

My field of special interest is that of communication. What I observe here are very great differences of meaning between individuals who are using certain words.

As this thread is under the umbrella category of 'Channeling' it might help to learn what practitioners mean when they say they 'channel' a person.

There must be channelers reading this forum so might I ask, please, that you guys explain exactly what you mean, exactly what you do, when you channel?
Old 02-11-2020, 05:17 PM
Master
I'm not convinced that people can chanell the dead.And from what i've read,they exist far remotely for the average mediums to reach.That's why we rarerly hear detailed reports about the afterlife realms.

I don't know about chanelling living people,but i've heard of evoking them.Some adept magicians i know,claim it's possible,but they haven't tried it.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
I'm not convinced that people can chanell the dead.And from what i've read,they exist far remotely for the average mediums to reach.That's why we rarerly hear detailed reports about the afterlife realms.

I don't know about chanelling living people,but i've heard of evoking them.Some adept magicians i know,claim it's possible,but they haven't tried it.

Perhaps while we're waiting for channeling practitioners to tell us exactly what 'channeling' is for them, you might want to explain what it means to you as a layperson?