Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 15-08-2021, 10:58 AM
Seeker

learning the ropes

I am very interested in learning how to read the stars. I am looking to know where to start, books, learning astronomy, etc.
Old 15-08-2021, 06:41 PM
Deactivated Account
astrology? astronomy?
Old 15-08-2021, 07:40 PM
Master

If you want to learn more about astrology the best place to start is with your own birth chart. You need to know your exact time of birth - this will determine your ascendant and the placing of the twelve houses (spheres of life).

There are various websites which provide a free natal chart with some interpretation. At first you may find the various symbols confusing but they will become more familiar.

Then study your chart and see to what extent you think it applies to you. Some things may be spot on, other things you may not be so sure about.

There are plenty of books and websites to help you interpret the chart - for example, the meaning of having the Moon in Leo in the 4th house. Where it then gets more complicated is seeing the positions of the other planets in relation to your Moon, as these will modify the effects of your Moon in different ways.

Good luck.

Peace
Old 20-08-2021, 02:25 PM
Seeker

Wow!! thank you and I will look into the chart. If you are off by 2 minutes will it make a difference?
Old 20-08-2021, 07:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecatespather3
Wow!! thank you and I will look into the chart. If you are off by 2 minutes will it make a difference?

Being off by two minutes will not make much difference. The various planets (including the Sun and the Moon) do not move very far in two minutes.

Where it may make a difference is if your ascendant (the sign which is rising over the horizon at the time of birth) or any planet is right on the cusp between two signs. But that is probably unlikely.

After all, what do we mean by the exact time of birth? Is it when the head first appears, or when the whole body emerges, or when the umbilical cord is cut? I don't know how accurate a birth time is.

A good astrologer may use rectification if the exact time of birth is unknown. Usually the chart is calculated and then interpreted to provide a portrait of the personality. In very simple terms, rectification works backwards, looking at the personality and life events and then finding a time of birth on that day to produce a chart which gives the best correspondence.

A good site for a free birth chart is Astrodienst - they also provide a limited interpretation for free.

Peace

Last edited by iamthat : 20-08-2021 at 09:10 PM.
Old 21-08-2021, 03:45 PM
Seeker

thank you once again. You have been so much help
Old 19-08-2021, 02:54 AM
Knower

Robert Hand's Horoscope Symbols is a jewel. It is written at many levels, from beginner (with some background) to advanced. The reviews of this book at amazon.com are spot on. It explores the why's of modern astrology and its very foundations.
Old 19-08-2021, 02:06 PM
Please remember the Admins requested 2-3 sentences when quoting others.
Thanks.
Putting this on every current thread.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-08-2021, 02:23 PM
Seeker

Hello everyone,
thank you for replying, I truly appreciate your help. I am interested in both astrology and astronomy, astrology I have no idea about it, never followed it before, but will look up the book by Robert Hand. Do I have to know the heavens, thus learning astronomy to do astrology? Thank you for all your help.
Old 24-08-2021, 05:19 PM
Master
There’s some good websites if you google Astro/astrology...can’t post the links...but the search should be able to find it.. it’s a site that does the natal charts and progression...which you would want to start off with first..reading the natal then understanding the planets, then you can be understand the degrees...and what’s conflicting or not, once you understand that you can move on to higher astrology like magi astrology- which does lineage and nuclear crash’s....which help divided out the deviant of the degrees... once you have them you can do progression-finally moving onto other charts of concern or symmetry charts... once you get a feel for the lineages like sextile, conjunctions, square, trine-you can get a better understanding with other astro’s ...

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)