Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 22-01-2023, 03:11 AM
Knower
Phobias From Past Lives

The phobias we suffer from in life can be traced to past lives in many cases, but not always. One phobia I read about is Hypegiaphobia, the fear of responsibility. When I thought about getting my driver's license as a teenager I really didn't want it and held off for a few years. Many factors made me think that but the most important one was the thought of being responsible for my passengers' lives. Something in my mind kept saying, "You don't need that again". Later I read about a bomber pilot who was 24 years old when World War Two ended but still did not have his driver's license. He held off until he was 30. He stated it was because, in his words, "I did not want the responsibility of other people's lives while I drove. I had too much of that from piloting a bomber with 10 other people on board. It was nervewracking flying mission after mission knowing that if I made a mistake it could cost the life of my crew". I understood his fear.

I have a slight fear of the open ocean. On lakes and rivers, that is not a problem, but the open ocean makes me nervous. I had a life as a medieval sailor and died in a storm when the ship I was on sank. That fear persists although it is minor.

We probably all experience certain apprehensions. I am not comfortable with large spiders running around the house. As an adult, I just catch them and put them outside. When I was a young child it was much worse. Now I know the different local species, even sex, and know most are harmless, although there are two that are venomous and should be handled with extra care, they too are released safely outside. I suspect in a past life I lived in or traveled through the tropics. Some rather large spiders even reside in odd places like Italy which is where the word, Tarantula in part originated.

PastPilot
Old 22-01-2023, 09:37 PM
Knower

When young I found very confined spaces difficult. Eventually I discovered that I do not like waking up in coffins

Look up Safety_coffin in wikipedia
Old 22-01-2023, 10:41 PM
Yes. Phobias were Dr. Brian Wiess' specialty!
When he was not having much success with a woman he decided to hypnotize her...WELL, ---it was similar to the Barbra Streisand movie -
''On A Clear Day''...
suddenly she goes back and back to another life!!
He didn't tell anyone for years for fear of being disbarred from the Psychiatric Board in Florida, USA.

He found over and over if the patient could remember, say, 'the drowning at 40 yr old' ---
he came out of the hypnosis with the water phobia gone.

Anyway all this is in his first book, "Many Lives, Many Masters", as many know, but many don't! :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-01-2023, 12:33 PM
Master

Yes that certainly is true Miss H. As I have read a lot times that when people go into hypnosis regarding a phobia they go back to a past life that created it and then come back cured.

I think it happened with some of Edgar Cayces patients as well.

Delores Cannon mentions this as well. So there must be some truth to it.
Old 23-01-2023, 12:51 PM
Master

I can fully empathize and rationalise this thought process of us carrying over our fears from past lives.
What our conscious "rational" mind tells us is very different to what our sub- conscious mind remembers.

We all have fears that sometimes cannot be explained.
My phobia is mice ,and I don't mean I'm just afraid of them, I mean I'm so terrified of them to the extent I would leave home because of it.

Past pilot , when my eldest wasa young toddler he used to get fevers and during the night he was terrified of bombs . The only person he trusted in the whole world was me.
This child was born in the eighties so had no knowledge of war in his real life.
This fear of bombs stayed with him until he was about 6/7 years old.
When he saw on TV about the gulf war in the early 90' s the first thing he asked me was "will they bomb us ? "....

I firmly believe he had been involved in war and bombings in a past life .
Old 24-01-2023, 03:32 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I firmly believe he had been involved in war and bombings in a past life.

I read Helen Wambach's books on the past life regressions she conducted as a psychologist as a clinical psychologist at JFK University, California in the late 1960s and early 1970s. She points out that the number of memories people have of dying as civilians from aerial bombings as well as from collateral damage from a war/battle (artillery, etc) increases a lot over the last 100 years. This isn't seen with past lives from earlier time periods because war simply didn't have the same ability to create such destruction as it has over the last 175 years. The industrial age brought with it industrial death.

Reading history books on the subject of aerial deaths, it is only from the First World War and later that we suddenly see the death of civilians become commonplace in conflicts. I cannot imagine how many people experienced death from aerial bombing, especially civilians, over the last 105 years but it would number in the millions. I have no doubt that many people's phobias come from such deaths and find that their fears manifest in various manners as a result (ie fear of dark places, which could stem from being in the basement of a collapsing building.; fear of explosions/loud noises, the sound of bombs landing near before death; fear of loud crowds, which can stem from hearing the screams of people trapped in bomb shelters or in basements etc).

I dare to guess the problems much of that has caused individuals. It is not something you can merely ignore or rationalize.

I remember my brother's story of having a memory of being killed while he was working in an aircraft engine factory in London, England in 1940. He was shocked because they weren't warned. The bombs from German bombers started falling before anyone was aware they were being attacked. There were no air raid warnings. I read the history of the first London Raid of 1940 and discovered that one of the worst places hit was the aircraft factory in London that built aircraft engines. Everyone died from that shift. There was no warning because no one was expecting the raid.

I can emphasize with your son. It is hard to get over that especially when you first have to endure a bombing only to be killed later during the event. Your fear builds up and leaves its imprint.

PastPilot
Old 24-01-2023, 03:59 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Yes that certainly is true Miss H. As I have read a lot times that when people go into hypnosis regarding a phobia they go back to a past life that created it and then come back cured.

There were and are many regressionists who have experienced this with patients. Dr. Ian Stevenson, who studied past life memories of people from around the world also spoke of this -- he was probably the most intense with his studies due to his science background and because he was well funded to go around the world looking for cases for his books.

The odd part I find is that remembering such incidents without going the regression route doesn't always bring about a cure. I have vivid memories of brutal hand-to-hand combat in which civilians were involved but remembering these hasn't brought about closure although it did bring an understanding. Sometimes being in a group of aggressors doesn't allow you a way out from witnessing atrocities.

PastPilot
Old 24-01-2023, 02:38 PM
Fun story...just so happens the NEIGHBOR was a psychiatrist that came over for coffee!
So the little boy at the table was terrified of loud bangs like fireworks.
The neighbor quickly did a little hypnosis technique, saying children are so easy...turns out the little boy
was the canon guy in some war like the Civil War...this was before good earplugs!
By simply remembering the past life briefly ...he had no more issues!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-01-2023, 09:02 PM
Knower

Experience of the Holy Inquistion still leaves many afraid of those in authority
Old 26-01-2023, 09:27 AM
Master

Hi Past pilot and I refer to your post #6.
Thank you.
I am certain my son was involved in conflict , only for him to tell me years later that it was only the "ramblings"of a young child .
I beg to differ.

I feel for your brother's account in London in 1940.
My own family suffered in the north east of England during the blitz in 1941 where my grandmother was lost aged just 26 leaving 3 little boys motherless aged only 6, 4 , and 2.
The 6 year old being my father .