Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 27-12-2022, 10:47 AM
Master

Re Busby

Hey Busby, no worries. This is what the board is for isn’t it. I enjoy people questioning what I have to say as long as they do it respectfully as you did.

Also, I am quite willing to change my point of view if someone comes up with a better explanation of something than what I already think.

Ok maybe it’s the way I wrote it regarding deeds etc and then I bring up karma like it’s a contradiction. What I was trying to say, but didn’t do a good job of it, was that I feel there is no one out there counting our deeds or tallying them up and making decisions about them. I feel WE look at what we want to achieve in the next lifetime ie we look at some of the hurt we have done to others and then WE decide where we can experience that exact pain and incorporate some of it into the next incarnation. The decisions are OURS.

So basically i was trying to say that we are responsible for it all and not someone else.

Ahhh thank you for clarifying the Theist Hindu comment. Sorry I got that wrong.
Old 29-12-2022, 03:22 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
re Aupmanyav

I’m afraid I completely disagree with your comments.

First you say your an “atheist, no soul” and then you go on to describing what and where the soul goes???.

No, I do not mind your comments. Forums are for civil discussions only.

My post was about the views of Hindus who are theists (For theist Hindus ..'). I specified in the beginning that I am an atheist, but for half my life, I too was a doubting theist. I know very well what is in the books and what they think.

Well, like minded of one type and like-minded of another type will make two places.

You are welcome to your opinion. What you say is mentioned in our books also. There is a story of a man who was most evil for all his life. His son's name was 'Narayan', which is the name of Lord Vishnu. When he was dying in pain, the last thing that he did was to try to call his son and cried - 'Narayana'.

They say, that when this person's soul reached the judge, in case of Hindus, the Lord of death - Yama, looking at his record Yama ordered him for a long time in hell. But, then his secretary intervened, 'Sir, he took the name of Lord Vishnu at the time of his death'. That stopped Yama and the soul was sent to heaven for a long time.

Your belief also is somewhat similar. A life full of evil deeds does not matter. What matters is your thought at the time of death, all your evil deeds are wiped out.

Lastly you believe in reincarnation. Though I am a Hindu, as an atheist I do not believe in reincarnation.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 30-12-2022 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 30-12-2022, 05:05 AM
Master

Re Aupmanyav

Many thanks for your explanation. Much appreciated.