Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 13-11-2022, 12:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamt
You sell them in your shop though
Yes I sold them in my newsagents in the drinks cabinet.
I had to try and make a living as all retailers do. It did me no good of course... I went bust . But just prior to me going bust I was attacked In my shop by masked armed robbers when I was on my own , help at knife point and was in fear of my life .
17 and a half years in prison they got.
That , I assume , was my punishment for selling drinks in plastic bottles ....

The irony is, they actually stole drinks too from my fridge but they only took the drinks that were in cardboard cartons . This fact alone would deem that they only serve half their sentence as in having a social conscience .
Old 13-11-2022, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
That , I assume , was my punishment for selling drinks in plastic bottles ....

The irony is, they actually stole drinks too from my fridge but they only took the drinks that were in cardboard cartons .
This fact alone would deem that they only serve half their sentence as in having a social conscience .
Hysterical!
Plastic coats---just what I need to block nature's healing energies getting to me.
As if cement sidewalks and synthetic soles weren't enough.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-11-2022, 01:19 PM
Master

Miss H..... I'm speechless .... You dare to laugh at my mis-fortune ! LOL.
Old 13-11-2022, 01:30 PM
dreamt

Quote:
Yes I sold them in my newsagents in the drinks cabinet.
I had to try and make a living as all retailers do.
No worries AngelBlue, I was just trying to understand based on the rest of the post.

I would say that neither buying or selling plastic means that one is in favour of plastic.

Plastic bottles didn't exist where I live until 1980s, I'd guess around '83 was when they appeared. Up until then all drinks were in glass bottles (same for things like ketchup and other things now sold in plastic). Milk was in glass bottles.

Really there should be proper drinking water supplied in taps. I would not drink the city water where I live (I am ok with tap water when visiting where I grew up. It's a rural area and I know the source).

I have a water distiller that I used for tap water for years, but sadly it broke. I fixed it, then it broke again, so now I think I have to buy a part for it, which I haven't gotten round to yet (I'll ask my brother probably next time I see him)

Other alternative is to buy reverse osmosis filter under the sink. I am renting and not planning on staying here + did look into it and the part under the sink I have isn't shaped properly for it, but would probably install something like that in the next place.

The issue is not people buying water(or other drinks) which they would do anyway. The question people should be asking is - whose idea was it in the 1980s to replace glass with plastic?

If governments can't have proper drinking water supplied to houses, I'd be all in favour of them supplying a central tap to local areas that everyone could go and refill drinking water. I'd be happy to do that every day.
This would be very simple and doable if governments REALLY cared about the issue.
If they really cared, they could incentivise businesses to stop using plastic.

'1 million bottles a minute' is just propaganda they put out.
In short, there is an agenda and it's nothing to do with caring about the environment.
Old 13-11-2022, 01:48 PM
Master

To dreamt .....
And hey, I'm the first to say that I would do whatever I could in order to save our planet ... I wouldn't bother with the people mind !!!! Mostly they're a waste of space ... Your good self excluded from that statement ... Oh.. and everyone else on this thread , oh, and everyone on forum , and everyone I know in life in case they know it's me and somehow they read this !!!!!
( Digs deeper hole for self in meantime )
It's no wonder I can't sleep at night , and not from social worries but from digging holes .
Anyway.. where were we?
Yes... The shop !!! It was taken over in the back of beyond (a nice little place. Royston vasey it was called) by a couple who were retiring after 30 years of serving the community. We just took over as was and carried on as they left off...
Obviously lots to be desired as in plastic bottles and some weird kind of "ceremonies " in the community after dark that I can only describe as "disturbing " ... Obviously , one didn't venture out .
But having said all that ... I am VERY consciously aware of all the issues going on in the world.
Just a shame I'm about to drop dead LOLOL or I could maybe do a bit more about it. But I won't even let that stop me , because I've got plans for the "next time round "....
Old 13-11-2022, 02:10 PM
Master
The local town springs will be polluted here,but I cannot imagine it would be hard to pipe some down from the hills into town.If the rivers were clean we could use that water for all other uses as we would only need a few litres of spring water for drinking,so no real need for mass chlorination,even the use of reservoirs could be reduced.
There are many ideas I expect for the uses of used plastic cartons,is there not a thread for ideas on SF ?
Old 13-11-2022, 02:20 PM
Master

Hi podshell.. I've been doing a lot of research about water... I'm a bit of a hippy . I walk around in bare feet and keep getting sharp things stuck in them. But the issues with water are vast .if it isn't one thing it's another . Nothing is simple and I'm of the opinion that every part of the dandelion is edible and rainwater is free , but even then we have to be careful.
I had a thought to take the plastic tubs etc and use them to grow produce in.
But I agree , and it's been on my mind that we should start a thread that is dedicated to plastic .
It's a massive concern.
Do you want to start one ? Or shall I ?
Old 13-11-2022, 02:32 PM
Master

P.s dreamt... Yes, and I can remember the time everything was in glass bottles.
And pop bottles , the 2 litre ones, if you returned them you got deposit back .
Even now , my son buys the six pack coke zeros in glass bottles

In answer to your statement about why they were replaced I can only assume it came down to cost and greed like anything else .
Old 13-11-2022, 02:50 PM
Master
The days when we could get real pop in real bottles,Dandelion and Burdock!
Hi Angel,there could already be a thread,bump it on a search if you find it ,if not it would be best you starting one as I am posting from a daft phone ,unable to do links and just cracked the screen,I had some plastic screen protectors somewhere! There also may be a thread for old fashion soda pop recipes,what tonics they were.
Old 13-11-2022, 02:58 PM
dreamt

Quote:
P.s dreamt... Yes, and I can remember the time everything was in glass bottles.
In answer to your statement about why they were replaced I can only assume it came down to cost and greed like anything else .
It kind of stands out in memory because I was around 6 or 7 at the time.
Like you, my father had a grocery shop. I remember the sound of the bottles when the shelves were being packed.
An adult always had to open the bottle if I wanted a drink.
When plastic came in, it could be dropped and not break but I remember thinking or feeling even as a child that the glass was better and thought maybe the plastic was just something temporary.

Maybe from the glass it tasted better? My favourite at the time was lemonade and remember clearly the plastic lemonade tasted different, not as good, but maybe the recipe changed as well.
It's too far back to remember for sure, I just remember feeling somehow that it wasn't progress.