Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 04-03-2020, 09:25 PM
ant

Anyhow,regards to this thread,if one has to ask a question that pertains to this system,there lies your answer.

Any thought process,focus or concern towards the system and or others or self for that matter,means you still have one foot in the door.

Attachments of the mind.

Attachment to the false matrix.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:50 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
Haha,i have no idea.

I got on the bender last night and the eagle took flight.

Sorry.

The bender will always take you where you need to go
Old 05-03-2020, 10:24 PM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornonthecusp
The bender will always take you where you need to go

Hi Bornonthecusp,

Yes,back to the shadow.

Cheers
Old 06-03-2020, 04:29 AM
Master
The ultimate question should be: "Is ethics and morality still relevant in today's society?"

With the bourgeoning population and the competition for a sector in the retail market becoming "cut throat" as necessary for survival and to put food in the mouths of one's children, what personal sacrifices need to be made?

You will usually find that ethics, morality and decency is one of the first things to go.

The attitude of business is "as long as I am not breaking the law, the gloves are off".

There is a difference between misrepresentation and false advertising, in that the first is acceptable as part of "modern business practices" and the second could cost a hefty fine and possible jail time.

Consumer education is the key here, and it is up to the individual consumer TO be educated...ignorance is no excuse when it comes to being "ripped off" because that is what those who seek to make a profit rely on.

When you see items for sale with the word "from" before the price tag, avoid it like the plague.

If you see "buy two and get the third free" you will see they charge 30% more for the items than their competitors.

If you see "terms and conditions apply" it is better to get a similar item where they do not.

It is all a psychological manipulation to get you to spend more so you can "save money" by spending money... how exactly does that work again?
Old 06-03-2020, 10:35 PM
ant

To concern oneself with the concerns and or anything to do with this corrupt system,doesn't that perpetuate the system and keep one in the loop in the mind?

What's the point of keeping one foot in the door,when it achieves nothing.

Like throwing good money after bad.

War achieved nothing.

Other than keeping this fear based and ego driven system going.

The economy is sinking,it's the only way to go,to start again without capitalism and greed being the driver.

We'll get where we need to go.

Whatever happens,happens.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:51 PM
Master

Quote:
To concern oneself with the concerns and or anything to do with this corrupt system,doesn't that perpetuate the system and keep one in the loop in the mind?

War achieved nothing.

The economy is sinking,it's the only way to go,to start again without capitalism and greed being the driver.

i noticed if I sleep too much, my 'dreams' become like a record skipping, playing the same groove over and over at intervals.

Personally I can't turn off the water quickly. It takes me a long time to figure out even that I'm making a mistake, a long time to let go and finally say I agree I'm making a mistake and I want to do something about it, an even longer time to figure out how to actually doing something about it. And then doing that something takes time too.

may not be a 'point' to all this per se but some things get to exist regardless of the level of efficiency they appear to have, I reckon.

That said I think, this place is doing just fine and we'll all get where we are going.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:56 AM
Master
Quote:

War achieved nothing.

It all started with me trying to understand the Behavioural Psychology behind "panic buying" when faced with even the slimmest chance of facing an "unknown threat".

Because I have Asperger's Disorder myself, everything that neurotypical (normal) people do during the course of their lives, makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever and I spend most of my life wondering how it is possible for it to make any sense to THEM...but I guess I would need to be a neurotypical person myself to understand that...which I am not...and so, I exist in a total, constant dilemma.

Often, I will blame God, Satan or just "human stupidity" for making other people different to me and there is NO "connection" there, because I really have NO "human behaviours" in common with the next being that calls itself "human", and so it is also painfully and existentially isolating...thus I look for published, academic "answers" from the realms of human psychology and economics to keep me pacified.

It was during one such foray today, that I came across the concept of LOSS AVERSION, which is something you would need a functioning "Theory of Mind" (which I don't have) to understand it in the same way that a non-Autistic person would...

http://psychology.iresearchnet.com/s...loss-aversion/

It is more important to people NOT to lose something than to gain something of equal or greater value... possibly as the direct result of that saying "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" and this is what drives decision making and spending habits... including saving or hoarding for a "rainy day" during the middle of a drought.

Some people are "planners" who will anticipate every eventuality in their lives for the next ten years and put plans in place now to anticipate every permutable outcome...then spend their lives in constant worry, usually dying of a heart attack or stroke by age 60...forget any virus that could take their lives before that.

Others (like me) take each day as it comes...flying by the seat of my pants and dealing with problems as they arise....it is more exciting and less stressful for me that way, but I am constantly abused and tormented/tortured by the former personality type for my "lack of responsibility", my "failure to plan ahead", and basically not wanting to end up as physically/mentally ill as THEY are.

People misrepresent the truth because the truth hurts...it is painful, decisive, derisive, blunt, separating and categorizing....so people misrepresent the truth to "soften the blow" and then rely on our individual naivite to buy it according to how much of it we are willing to accept without making us totally insane.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:21 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

May not be a 'point' to all this per se but some things get to exist regardless of the level of efficiency they appear to have, I reckon.

That said I think, this place is doing just fine and we'll all get where we are going.

Hi FallingLeaves,

Why just exist with unresolved things holding you back,it's endless suffering.

And yes,this place,this system is doing just fine.

I'll enjoy my popcorn by the sidelines.

Cheers
Old 07-03-2020, 03:07 AM
ant

Hi Shivani Devi,

So basically your conflicted and in two minds,regards to 'taking each day as it comes personality versus loss aversion personality.

Do you have any addictions ie:Smoking,alcohol,food etc?

On any medications?

PM,if you don't want to disclose on here.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Hi FallingLeaves,

Why just exist with unresolved things holding you back,it's endless suffering.

And yes,this place,this system is doing just fine.

I'll enjoy my popcorn by the sidelines.

Cheers

well have you ever asked the sun not to shine, or the rain to quit falling, or a blizzard not to bother you?

If so how'd it work out for you?

things aren't as simple as being able to just wish to not have things life wants to shove in your face and then get it, I find. Going down that road is as much trouble as anything else except for the fact the others are telling you it is a good thing to stay on the treadmill and fight with what is just naturally presented... the things we will do to ourselves for our 'in' with others are just amazing I find.

Besides there is all the hidden manna which noone wants laying about where I usually end up, and so I'm in on the ground floor when it comes to homesteading.