Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-07-2012, 07:46 PM
CJ82Sky

thyroid - coconut oil, bladderwrack, & ACV

hi all, this is long so TY in advance for your help!

after months of working out 4-5x a week (if not more) for a min of 30 - 40 min a day (often longer) as well as significant diet changes (cutting out sugars, focus on fresh rather than processed foods, cutting out snacks and sweets, etc.), i've seen very little change in my weight.

i've gotten stronger, and my cardio has improved as im not winded as easily and can jog longer/father and am no longer sore after almost ANY workout (even when i up the intensity). so my muscles are strong and my cardio is getting better...yippee. but my weight...grrrr! come to think of it, the only time i lost weight several years ago was about 10 pounds and that was taking vitamins regularly, which i started again.

in passing, i thought to ask my mother if we had any history of hypothyroidism in our fam and WOAH my great-grandmother died in the early 1900s of goiter due to hypothyroidism, it was an underlying cause for my grandmother's diabetes, and my mother is on medication for it. yeah, im 35 and no one told me til now. that said - i do NOT want to go the medicine route and looked into natural supps.

so i'm trying bladderwrack, l-tyrosine, and organic coconut oil in conjunction with ACV - heard lots of good stuff, and just ordered some and would love to hear feedback. do you have any experience with these supps? or with hypothyroidism? what about with stubborn weight loss? i'd love to hear more!

also for ACV - does it have to be organic/pure or is regular ok? (all i have at the moment is regular)

thanks!