Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 22-08-2022, 10:53 PM
Pathfinder

Angel1 discovering oneself

I'm trying to find out who I am and where I am going because I haven't the faintest idea.

I feel I don't belong anywhere and feel like an outsider. I'm trying to meditate but feel as though I'm not getting anywhere. This must sound rather vague but it's how I feel.

Old 23-08-2022, 02:53 AM
asearcher

It's always difficult at first, you'll get the hang of it :) the answers are in the silence.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:29 PM
Master
I find that meditation is like watching grass grow which is slow but one day you notice the grass needs mowing. If you keep up with meditating you'll eventually notice something. It's best to meditate every day but sometimes life makes that challenging.

You might also find answers in dreams.

The path of self discovery is a life long process and changes happen due to life circumstances.

Another method is use tarot and/or oracle cards as the symbolism speaks to the subconscious which can provide insight to what you're pursuing. There are other divination systems but I feel cards would be the best one for your kind of questions.

I hope that helps.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 06-09-2022, 04:01 AM
Deactivated Account

Discovering oneself often entails peeling off the heaps of false identities society has lumped upon you. Meditation is the ideal beginning as you are looking inward, the only place you can find you

Meditations are kinda like antihistamines; what works for one person may not work for you at all. I listened to a few until I ran across this fellow, Chad Foreman, a meditation teacher at The Way of Meditation Down Under. That triggered a real awakening jouney.

Poke around, ask questions and checkout various teachers and see whom clicks with your spirit.

Namaskar _/|\_
Old 05-10-2022, 06:05 AM
Newbie ;)

meditations are a good idea but in most cases that is a slow process and people often have high expectations of it. It is good for you though. I also would suggest reading about things that have your interest.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:20 AM
Newbie ;)

RE: Religions & Faiths >
SUBTOPIC: Wicca > Discovering Oneself
※→ GranyInc, et al,

(INTRO): The High Priestess and High Priest of a Coven are NOT the earthly representative of the Gods (or Goddess as may be the case). The High Priestess and High Priest of a Coven are mortal, and plagued with all the shortcomings that go with being Mortal. There is no question that a sign of evil within the coven is when the leadership attempts to assume the role of a deity or other supernatural. It is the duty of each coven member (Acolyte to Priest/Priestess) to remain vigilant for signs of evil.

To help remember to say an oration to Gods [i](or Goddess as may be the case) usually magic circles are employed (but that's is for another time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranyInc
meditations are a good idea but in most cases that is a slow process and people often have high expectations of it. It is good for you though. I also would suggest reading about things that have your interest.
(COMMENT)

THE DARK MOON: the period three days before the New Moon. Traditionally, this is a time for Rest when no magic is attempted. Deep Meditation and Vision Questing (generally speaking) this is the best period introspection and not the practice of magic.

When WICCA speaks of "meditation" it is a practice that anyone can participate or engage in as a time for quiet contemplation or reflection. Many participance in the practice use a white bowl with crystal clear water as a reflecting pool to see your face as you deepen into ones self.

Most Respectfully,
R
Old 16-11-2022, 03:13 AM
Seeker
Hm... I understand so well.
I felt like that always. It was growing worse and worse and went hand in hand with a sickness I had undiagnosed for 20 years.

Eventually when everything blew up I was told to see a psychiatrist next to my counselor. And I started taking medication to balance seratonin in my body.

This has helped those thoughts.

I am not saying that you HAVE to do this - only that I tried and tried and tried and tried EVERYTHING to not have those feelings. But as I lived with PTSD since age 4 without realizing it... I never knew a different feelign "could" exist. I thought all the people felt like that.

Missplaced... Awful in a way.

So this is waht I am saying- if you cannot do this "on it's own" with meditation etc etc.... Maybe speak to your doctor. Because I don't believe it would have gotten better without this dose. And I take SUCH a tiny dose... I take 12.5 mg... I half the tiniest dose in half... And it is enough... I had my doubts but I am glad I gave it a try.

On the other side... I am too realizing that I need to figure this out - because before I did not like to think about the "me". All questions about "me" made me uncomfortable. What do you like? "Oh... just normal stuff". I just could not get the interest to find out more even tho there were definitely things I liked.
Since feeling so much bette I have found joy again in discovering my hobbies and passions again...

Whatever happens I really hope you will find the place you belong to - there is such a place... Really... <3
Old 17-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey10
I'm trying to find out who I am and where I am going because I haven't the faintest idea.

I've been trying to find out who I am and where I'm going for about the last 35 years. If you find a reliable method, please let me know lol! So I can use it too!

(I think its part of the human condition to feel this way tbh. It's not always the case that every person has a stable personality 100% of the time, or a clear goal 100% of the time. I just try to do some good as I go, and hope that's enough!)
Old 07-04-2023, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey10

I feel I don't belong anywhere and feel like an outsider. I'm trying to meditate but feel as though I'm not getting anywhere. This must sound rather vague but it's how I feel.

I know everyone has there theory for this one, me... I started rediscovering myself as I am today...... Well I don't know, I never stopped discovering myself. Every little experience and new day brings a new piece of me. Like a tree, either you grow or die. No in-between. You may feel your at idle at times but that's when you're gathering. Gathering supplies to grow in the future.
I've been cut down a few times, but I always have enough "roots" to regrow a little better and a little stronger. Over the those roots grow deeper and stronger.
Old 25-04-2023, 06:39 AM
Master

I'm with Hallow. The song lyrics "I get knocked down, but I get up again " spring to mind.

But you know, this is my theory too.
We are always "us" no matter what changes we go through and how we evolve , we are with ourselves every step of the way.
And we are special and unique .
So I would like to think that it's everyone else out there that have to "discover us"..... Their loss if they can't find us !!!!