Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-07-2020, 02:56 AM
Suspended

Isn't truck driving work?
Old 16-07-2020, 03:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian100
Isn't truck driving work?

i began truck driving because its my secret weapon. in any case it does what it does anyways.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 16-07-2020, 03:42 AM
Deactivated Account
thanks for sharing folks!

i think that everyone has something maybe sorta unique that helps. which is why i thought it be interesting.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 16-07-2020, 05:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Me thinks a time will come when you will stand in awe of how short that very long life really is. As far as plot armor goes, don't kid yourself, you created this you protagonist character, and you can take yourself out of it. It's really just a matter of beliefs.

I think it's just very weird how some healthy young people who have a decent life die, and then there's me seemingly getting away unscathed with a lot of things. And no that doesn't mean I'd like to get hit by a car or get into a major accident... I guess realistically I should change the power of plot armor to the power of dumb luck.
Old 16-07-2020, 05:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I think it's just very weird how some healthy young people who have a decent life die, and then there's me seemingly getting away unscathed with a lot of things. And no that doesn't mean I'd like to get hit by a car or get into a major accident... I guess realistically I should change the power of plot armor to the power of dumb luck.
You should play the lottery 😁
Old 16-07-2020, 10:52 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
If you knew the people I know. Common sense is a secret weapon. You'll never out argue them. But easy to out think them. Here's a few examples. There's this lady almost everyday I see her riding past my house on her electric wheelchair. Down the center of the road. Not the sidewalk or the side of the road. Right down the middle. No common sense. One of these days she's going to get hit by a car. This covid thing. In the US it's spreading faster than anywhere in the world. Some states have more cases the entire countries. And why? People aren't doing what they need to do to keep themselves and other people safe. Everyone knows what to do but people aren't doing it. Why???? No common sense. No one is invincible. Who knows maybe it's not a lack of common sense. Maybe it's a lack of concern for others. Just makes me wanna scream ,come on people!! Get your heads out of your butt get done what we need to so everyone can get on with life! Or come on lady! Get out of the road Before you get hit by a car! But in either case people are going to do what there going to do, not going to waste my time anymore arguing. Common sense is a secret I wish more people know. Sorry for venting, I am done now.

Perhaps then, what you are referring to is uncommon sense as it seems to not be quite so common as it should be.
It seems to me that most people, well all to some extent, are driven to behaviors based on reasons they do not really understand. They have succumbed to the common mythology that it is the cerebral cortex, the thinking mind, that is in control of the person. If you ask them why they engage in the seemingly bizarre behaviors, they will often have a reason for doing so. Yet often, it is just a rationalization for engaging in a behavior that is really driven by something else. People are not wearing masks because the leaders of their tribe have decided, for political reasons, that they should not do so. They may cite freedom as the reason, yet the fact that most of them believe that a school teacher must be required to mask their genitalia in the classroom so as not to injure the children by allowing them to see it, shows that this is just a superficial reason given to justify an irrational behavior. Of course the real reason is they have chosen membership in a particular tribe and don't want to go against it for fear of being tossed out. Which is driven by the deeper survival instincts present in a species that depends on their tribe for survival. So in that light it makes sense. The choice is really a rational one at a deeper subconscious level. The organism is choosing to stay with the tribe and accept one mostly known risk, vs leaving the tribe and facing unknown risks without the tribe's support. The individuals running around state capitols carrying assault weapons to protest covid measures are just trying to increase their stature within their tribe by being more politically correct within the common politics of their tribe.

Tribalism is the secret weapon of the politician. Make belief and support for something a condition of membership in the tribe, and the rational mind of the tribal members will rationalize it, believe it, and support it. A belief and position that now becomes common sense among the members of that tribe, and often crazy nonsense to those not within that tribe.
Old 16-07-2020, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Perhaps then, what you are referring to is uncommon sense as it seems to not be quite so common as it should be.
It seems to me that most people, well all to some extent, are driven to behaviors based on reasons they do not really understand. They have succumbed to the common mythology that it is the cerebral cortex, the thinking mind, that is in control of the person. If you ask them why they engage in the seemingly bizarre behaviors, they will often have a reason for doing so. Yet often, it is just a rationalization for engaging in a behavior that is really driven by something else. People are not wearing masks because the leaders of their tribe have decided, for political reasons, that they should not do so. They may cite freedom as the reason, yet the fact that most of them believe that a school teacher must be required to mask their genitalia in the classroom so as not to injure the children by allowing them to see it, shows that this is just a superficial reason given to justify an irrational behavior. Of course the real reason is they have chosen membership in a particular tribe and don't want to go against it for fear of being tossed out. Which is driven by the deeper survival instincts present in a species that depends on their tribe for survival. So in that light it makes sense. The choice is really a rational one at a deeper subconscious level. The organism is choosing to stay with the tribe and accept one mostly known risk, vs leaving the tribe and facing unknown risks without the tribe's support. The individuals running around state capitols carrying assault weapons to protest covid measures are just trying to increase their stature within their tribe by being more politically correct within the common politics of their tribe.

Tribalism is the secret weapon of the politician. Make belief and support for something a condition of membership in the tribe, and the rational mind of the tribal members will rationalize it, believe it, and support it. A belief and position that now becomes common sense among the members of that tribe, and often crazy nonsense to those not within that tribe.
I understand and agree to what you're saying. But a lot of it also is the mindset "you're not going to tell me what to do" or... I am doing this to control... No matter how erational or dumb it is. It typically comes down one of the two. That lady driving down the middle of the road. It's probably a control thing for her and hopes a car comes so she can control the other vehicle. There's a sidewalk.... There's a shoulder to ride on. But she doesn't use either one.
Old 16-07-2020, 11:07 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
"Dumb Luck"

An interesting combination of words. Dumb has two meanings, one has to do with the inability to speak, temporarily or permanently, and the other has to do with simplifying something to make it less intellectual and more available to a larger audience. The funny thing is, one would think that the latter, in its attempt to convey something, even if it is dumbed down a bit, would be better then the former, where nothing is said at all. Yet, when one attempts to convey the ineffable with words, it is often the case that the more words used, the further away from conveying one gets, until all they have done is to sow more seeds of confusion. Through the lens of that confusion, the human mind then looks on and can't understand and says, it must all just be a matter of luck. Maybe, maybe not, I can't really tell ya.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dumb...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 16-07-2020, 11:24 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I understand and agree to what you're saying. But a lot of it also is the mindset "you're not going to tell me what to do" or... I am doing this to control... No matter how erational or dumb it is. It typically comes down one of the two. That lady driving down the middle of the road. It's probably a control thing for her and hopes a car comes so she can control the other vehicle. There's a sidewalk.... There's a shoulder to ride on. But she doesn't use either one.

Yes, yet for many of them they fail to realize that what they are doing is being controlled by another, they just think they are free. For a time, it was all the rage to become a non-conformist by growing ones hair long and putting it into dreadlocks, and then going and getting some old army surplus clothing to wear. It was the uniform of the non-conformist, and many felt obliged to wear it so that others would see them and know they would not conform.... hehehe. The rebel may be one who goes against the prevailing ideologies of a society, yet often rebellions are formed by those who conform to an opposing ideology.
I suppose I can sympathize with the lady in the wheelchair a bit as one in such a situation may be motivated to flick the bird at the larger society even at the expense of ones own safety. Hard to know how such a situation might affect someone. On the other hand, I am always amazed at the bicyclists who choose to be out in heavy traffic when alternatives such as a bike trail or sidewalk are available to them. Certainly, they have the right to be there, yet one can't help but think what an appropriate epitaph that would make for their gravestone when they get run over by some texting teen.

"Here lies Betty biker, she had the right of way."
Old 16-07-2020, 11:25 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
thanks for sharing folks!

i think that everyone has something maybe sorta unique that helps. which is why i thought it be interesting.
Well, I don't know about secret or unique, but laughter, at you, society, and especially myself, seems to be rather powerful medicine to me. Planet earth is in the end one big spaceship of fools.