Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 28-06-2020, 01:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Hi davidsun,

It is a form of existentialism. The 'unbearable lightness of being'.....
Is an 'encounter' with the issues spelled out in this [quoted from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightness_(philosophy)] - what you are referencing:
"Kundera uses Friedrich Nietzsche's doctrine of the Eternal Return to illustrate Lightness. Eternal Return dictates that all things in existence recur over and over again for all eternity. This is to say that human history is a preset circle without progress, the same events arising perpetually and doomed never to alter or to improve. Existence is thus weighty because it stands fixed in an infinite cycle. This weightiness is “the heaviest of burdens”, for “if every second of our lives recurs an infinite number of times, we are nailed to eternity as Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross.” At the same time, it is necessary for any event to occur in the cycle of events exactly as it has always occurred for the cycle to be identical; consequently, everything takes on an eternally fixed meaning. This fact prevents one from believing things to be fleeting and worthless.

The inverse of this concept is Kundera's “unbearable lightness of being.” Assuming that eternal return were impossible, humankind would experience an “absolute absence of burden,” and this would “[cause] man to be lighter than air” in his lack of weight of meaning. Something which does not forever recur has its brief existence, and, once it is complete, the universe goes on existing, utterly indifferent to the completed phenomenon. “Life which disappears once and for all, which does not return” writes Kundera, is “without weight...and whether it was horrible, beautiful, or sublime...means nothing.” Each life is insignificant; every decision does not matter. Since decisions do not matter, they are "light": they do not tie us down. However, at the same time, the insignificance of our decisions - our lives, or being - is unbearable. Hence, "the unbearable lightness of being." On the other hand, eternal existence would demand of us strict adherence to prescripted rules and laws; a sense of duty and rigorous morality.
Quote:
Existence is tough.
Are you personally having rough-tough situational experiences? Or does this statement relate to what you see/know others are going through?

Quote:
It is scary. If I call myself God then will I make it worse?
Can you be more specific? How might (?) you then make it 'worse'? And how/why is such possible worsening 'scary' to you? It would help me to relate to you if I had a better idea of what your life-journey is like.

If you would rather keep things in the above regard 'private' or if things get balled up here because others 'bounce off their walls' (which may(?) 'happen' in response you sharing your emotional 'trip') feel free to continue this conversation with me via P.M.s
Old 28-06-2020, 03:26 PM
Master
The unbearable lightness of being reference was used non specifically. Not to Kundera.

Existentialism is a term often loosely used to describe problems with existence. To feel the burden of existence bearing down upon you.

I have heard at least one mass murderer ascribe his condition to existentialism.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-06-2020, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
The unbearable lightness of being reference was used non specifically. Not to Kundera.
In that case, let me just say, I have no idea of what you are referencing by way of using that phrase.

Quote:
Existentialism is a term often loosely used to describe problems with existence. To feel the burden of existence bearing down upon you.
What (specifically) do you experience as being 'burdensome'. The only idea I have in relation to your use of the word is what I said in my treatise: "No one can ever actually ‘see’ or ‘walk’ someone else’s Love and Joy path for him or her! 'Every man shall bear his own burden' (Galatians 6:5) is how the apostle Paul conveyed the same message in the context of his hierarchical-power structured culture, wherein servants, wives and children had to dutifully obey masters, husbands and parents (see Colossians*3:18-23).

Quote:
I have heard at least one mass murderer ascribe his condition to existentialism.
Again, I can't make sense of this without you being more specific - What was the "mass murderer's" logic in ascribing his 'condition' to 'existentialism'? And what is your logic in this regard? Please understand, I cannot know what you mean otherwise because I don't think in such 'terms' - maybe I can, if you explain (with specific/illustrative examples) your logic to me, however.
Old 29-06-2020, 09:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Again, I can't make sense of this without you being more specific - What was the "mass murderer's" logic in ascribing his 'condition' to 'existentialism'? And what is your logic in this regard? Please understand, I cannot know what you mean otherwise because I don't think in such 'terms' - maybe I can, if you explain (with specific/illustrative examples) your logic to me, however.

It is something I read about in a newspaper. I don't remember the details.

Old 29-06-2020, 09:56 PM
Master
What is burdensome about life? The truth is that so much is burdensome that it is difficult to pin point the issues.

I see other people suffering. I suffer as well.

Old 29-06-2020, 10:32 PM
Master
Quote:
What is burdensome about life? The truth is that so much is burdensome that it is difficult to pin point the issues.

I see other people suffering. I suffer as well.
Yah, things can certainly be 'overwhelming' and 'dumbfounding' at times. My only suggestion is that you 'pray' (i.e. inwardly 'ask') for 'inner' Spirit to show you what's what as welll as the best way to navigate what you are faced with, and that you hope and trust (to whatever extent you can) that such outcome will (in bits and spurts maybe) 'result' simply because that is what you ask for and that is the way Spirit ubiquitously flow-operates.

One of the mantras I used (repetively saying it over and over in my head) when I was first getting my ball rolling was: "Wherever I am, whatever comes my way, what is the very best for Life is what I'll think, feel, do and say."

Row, row, row your boat (knowing that Life's Spirit ever-accompanies you as a friend), gently down the stream, Honza.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:00 AM
Master
Yes thank you davidsun....

Old 08-07-2020, 11:04 AM
Master
Terrible fear that I AM today. I pray that it will pass.

Old 08-07-2020, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Terrible fear that I AM today. I pray that it will pass.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:05 PM
Master
Good one!....