Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 25-02-2020, 06:23 PM
Master
A deck came without a book

Hello.

I purchased a tarot deck online and it came in yesterday. The thing is, they were sold without a book while my other decks came with books. I'm wondering if the other interpretations from the other books can be applied to such a deck. I'm thinking of meditating with the cards one by one but am curious if there's another way to become familiar with them. The deck is now cleansed so is ready to work with it.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas on what to do with a deck that didn't come with a book?

Thank you!

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 25-02-2020, 07:04 PM
Master
Isn't there a separate book for sale on the deck?
As for the rest, it depends on the artwork. Is it very abstract or not? Can you bounce of the artwork, and does it then come up with similar messages to RW?
I also have 2 Tarot decks that did come with a booklet/proper book that I don't use. That's because the artwork resonates, but those aren't abstract decks.
Just do some small readings for yourself to see how it works.
Old 26-02-2020, 10:29 PM
Master
I pretty much agree with FairyCrystal.

The only other advice I would say is to make sure you have a solid Tarot foundation to begin with. Then you can apply the basic meanings and then work off the artwork if it resonates.

I also bought an Indy deck from Esty which didn't have a booklet. Whilst it was quite a dark deck, I used the basic meanings then bounced off the imagery. Sometimes the imagery would spark a different meaning but for the most part I relied on the basic knowledge I learned and applied that to the cards.

There really is no right or wrong way. However, if you don't have a fairly solid understanding of the cards to begin with, it can be more challenging, in my experience anyway.
Old 29-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Master
Thank you for your responses and the ideas. It's much appreciated.

I did some searching and found a QR code on the box to download the instruction book. Another option is that I can use the Rider Waite book to help interpret the cards as they're not that much different. Then I can also google for the interpretation. I do have another book from a different deck that I can also use. I figure either of those should make a good basic reference though I do prefer paper over electrical resources.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 07-05-2020, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hello.

I purchased a tarot deck online and it came in yesterday. The thing is, they were sold without a book while my other decks came with books. I'm wondering if the other interpretations from the other books can be applied to such a deck. I'm thinking of meditating with the cards one by one but am curious if there's another way to become familiar with them. The deck is now cleansed so is ready to work with it.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas on what to do with a deck that didn't come with a book?

Thank you!
Buying online can be interesting.

I have bought some new decks for about $4.00. When I got them, they were in Chinese. Going back to the site, they did have downloadable pamphlets in English.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-05-2020, 02:56 PM
55Degrees

The cheap decks that come from China and/or with QR codes and downloadable pamphlets are illegally pirated copies. Even the most popular selling sites are flooded with these poor quality decks and means the deck creator is not paid for their work.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:57 PM
Master
I found out about the pirated decks after I bought mine. I wish I'd known before I ordered them.

Old 07-05-2020, 10:06 PM
Administrator
Hello

That sucks is nothing sacred anymore ? Now fake decks.

I ordered one "Medicine Cards" and all I got was the book, no cards. Nice hard cover book. I had to go to my local shop and get a whole new box set. It turns out that the book is "never" sold separate and it comes in a box set.

Lynn
Old 08-05-2020, 09:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
The cheap decks that come from China and/or with QR codes and downloadable pamphlets are illegally pirated copies. Even the most popular selling sites are flooded with these poor quality decks and means the deck creator is not paid for their work.
It does seem to get worse. If you search for a deck on Ebay you find loads of fake ones from China.
Someone -I think on here?- said that sometimes they got cards missing or doubles? It can be tempting considering the low price and some decks being stupidly expensive. But if I'd then end up with an incomplete deck...
I've not done it so far.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:47 PM
Master

I never read the book so this isn't an issue for me - all being said though, which deck did you buy? :)