Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-07-2020, 07:57 PM
Kioma

My 'secret weapon' is simply knowing this: I know nothing.

When you honestly take a look at life and at the human condition, it becomes blatantly apparent quite quickly that if everything you perceive is a matrix-like reconstruction in your mental processes, which it irrefutably is, then you never can really know anything. Every cognizance, every decision, every discernment and every judgement is a leap of absolute faith that what you are experiencing is 'real' and the consequences you then experience arise from a world 'out there' which even though you cannot experience 'directly' certainly acts like it is there, even if, given the uncertainties of life, you may not be from one instant to the next.

I recognize and embrace both the reality of this condition and the uncertainty of it. It is constantly informing my perspective.

Other people seem to carry an unconscious blind faith that whatever they experience defines the entire universe. Sometimes I admit I am a little jealous of that - but then I think about just how small their universe really is, and I realize I can never go back.
Old 29-07-2020, 08:23 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
My 'secret weapon' is simply knowing this: I know nothing.

When you honestly take a look at life and at the human condition, it becomes blatantly apparent quite quickly that if everything you perceive is a matrix-like reconstruction in your mental processes, which it irrefutably is, then you never can really know anything. Every cognizance, every decision, every discernment and every judgement is a leap of absolute faith that what you are experiencing is 'real' and the consequences you then experience arise from a world 'out there' which even though you cannot experience 'directly' certainly acts like it is there, even if, given the uncertainties of life, you may not be from one instant to the next.

I recognize and embrace both the reality of this condition and the uncertainty of it. It is constantly informing my perspective.

Other people seem to carry an unconscious blind faith that whatever they experience defines the entire universe. Sometimes I admit I am a little jealous of that - but then I think about just how small their universe really is, and I realize I can never go back.

How do you know you know nothing?
Old 29-07-2020, 09:06 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
How do you know you know nothing?
Exactly.

You are very perceptive Ketzer. Keep it up! :)
Old 30-07-2020, 12:15 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Exactly.

You are very perceptive Ketzer. Keep it up! :)
Am I? I didn't know.
Old 31-07-2020, 07:21 PM
Seeker
TSQ (Truth Seeking Quotient)
Old 16-08-2020, 10:52 PM
Pathfinder

Prayer.

I know it’s really corny but it’s true. When I pray, things turn out OK. I pray while I wash dishes, while I clean out pets, while I drive, while I wait for appointments lol. Whatever I want turns up. I never experience any real lack.

Birds too. I have two (and two not so tame) and I absolutely ADORE them. Princess Pea is my tame hen cockatiel, she’s 2. Chance is my baby boy. He’s just a few months old and he’s a nut job! He’s so funny. They’re my kids. They’re amazing! Pea is so loving, she comes up to my face and presses her warm little beak against my lips and sits there for 20 mins, sharing breath with me. They help me. They know me deeply and understand me. We have such a bond. When I need help, I cuddle them and love them, and I calm down and then, the universe rights itself and everything I need turns up.

When I’m sick with my chronic fatigue they sit on my pillow and preen my hair and eyebrows. Sometimes when life feels particularly hard, they are what keeps me going through this illness.
Old 17-08-2020, 01:24 AM
Master

Ritalin
Like eye seeing glasses for my scattered mind.
Old 17-08-2020, 05:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciphene
Prayer.

I know it’s really corny but it’s true. When I pray, things turn out OK. I pray while I wash dishes, while I clean out pets, while I drive, while I wait for appointments lol. Whatever I want turns up. I never experience any real lack.

I think a lot of people underestimate the power of prayer yet i too find that to be very powerful. More powerful than meditation in my opinion. A lot of people think prayer is a religious thing. It is not. You don't have to believe in a god to pray or for prayer to be effective.