Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-05-2013, 03:30 AM
Guide

meditating to techno

im trying To Find ways To meditate That work for me, And techno/house music uplifts me, And always makes me feel happy, if i Meditate To This, does it work The same?
Old 23-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Knower

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe techno has some binaural beats in them and a lot of people use binaural to meditate. I don't see why it would be wrong to use any kind of music that lifts your spirit up.

I have an Angel on my shoulder but a devil in my head. Kaskade

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
Old 23-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Deactivated Account
For me i meditate to metallica, alice and chains, soundgarden. For me the heavy drive of the music is like a supercharger on a car. Theres no comparison when it comes to using music to not using music. Some times i dont for a change of pace.

I think if something works use it. Theres a lot if lola by meditation music out there. To me thats the worst music to use. I would go techno though for sure! I can see how that could work. Good luck!
Old 23-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Ascender

I looove minimal/tech/deep house. I never thought to try mediating to it but I think I will try it!
Old 27-05-2013, 05:24 PM
McGallas

Yes yes yes! If you're looking for a musical journey to meditate to then I extremely recommend some emancipator!
Old 27-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelove23
im trying To Find ways To meditate That work for me, And techno/house music uplifts me, And always makes me feel happy, if i Meditate To This, does it work The same?
As long as your meditation practice doesn't become dependent upon it, I don't see why not doing it occasionally.
Old 27-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Master
I once read an article about some Tibetan monks who went to a rave and they professed that it was very much similar to meditation, meaning the way in which people danced to the music.

I am clearly not doing the article any justice with my brief and inadequate paraphrasing here, but perhaps i will look it up to see if i can find the piece again. Have to go to work right now, but i always felt like when i danced at raves it was very much akin to meditation of a sort, and most certainly a Spiritual experience.

There are also many correlations from modern day raves to aboriginal practices such as religious type dances, such as the rain dance etc., not to say they are the same but have many similarities for sure. I once wrote a college essay on this very subject but that was several years ago now. As a sometimes music hipster snob i must say that not all EDM or IDM (or whatever the case may be) is created equal, and imo some is deeper than others and thus more conducive to meditative states, but i suppose it is also a matter of personal preference.

Interesting thread, will keep tabs on it.

Peace. ~
Old 28-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Ascender

I agree. I looove to dance these days (spent 3 days in Montreal over the weekend and danced so much my feet are still sore!) I get into my own little world and totally let go of everything and just soak it all in. Even completely sober. Best feeling.
Old 28-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc
I agree. I looove to dance these days (spent 3 days in Montreal over the weekend and danced so much my feet are still sore!) I get into my own little world and totally let go of everything and just soak it all in. Even completely sober. Best feeling.

Yes that is a really good point about being straight, i think the scene gets a bad rap/rep. about drugs when many people enjoy it without that and still enjoy it and experience the benefits of dancing. Especially when the organizers and people that throw the party are doing so for the right reasons.

I miss my raving days, I plan on attending one sometime in the near future; such a great release to just dance for hours on end. Have had some really beautiful and memorable times over the years at certain raves.
Old 29-10-2015, 02:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Meditating to Techno

I just recently got into meditating to techno music, on the less extreme side, and I love it! I am naturally a high energetic person and love to stay occupied with something that keeps me active. The first and every other time I meditated to techno, I feel this awesome energy high coursing through me! I always end up fall face down on the ground because my head starts off moving backwards and forwards. Then eventually my body slowly goes in a circle and it slowly builds up to where my whole body is swinging in a huge circle and it throws me off balance and I land forward, still meditating for a little while face down lol. It is so natural when my body does this and I am still in a deep trance. Awesome-sauce! Anyone else have these weird/cool experiences?