Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-07-2023, 07:01 AM
Master
Bright & Hot.

Who will inherit the earth? Or another way of putting it is who will survive?

The meek? Or what about those who are bright and hot within? Those who are still love at the end.

Recently it occurred to me that eventually I will need to be a small I AM of my own. One which fits into Gods I AM.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 27-07-2023, 03:59 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Who will inherit the earth? Or another way of putting it is who will survive?

The meek? Or what about those who are bright and hot within? Those who are still love at the end.

Recently it occurred to me that eventually I will need to be a small I AM of my own. One which fits into Gods I AM.

Honza,

To inherit is much different than to survive. One that inherits is chosen by the previous owner. He is chosen because he is perceived to be a capable custodian. There will be numerous survivors but few will be inheritors……

And we are told that the meek will inherit the earth…..
Old 27-07-2023, 05:04 PM
Master

There may be over 1000 billion humans on earth in 600 years. The human population on earth doubles every 65-80 years. So 8 billion to 1000 billion + (one trillion = 1000 billion) The way it's going under the care of humans, I'm not sure I would want to inherent the earth. There will probably be no more life in the oceans then, no more clean air or water, most animals extinct. Can't imagine how the earth could feed or house a trillion humans. I don't even have blue sky today due to smog.

Matthew 5:5 seems odd to me: But 5:3 makes sense to me.... the humble get heaven....and 5:4 makes sense to me we will get peace( comfort) in heaven, but how is coming back to earth a reward in 5:3?

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.

The rest make sense to me and again the reward is heaven and God

7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,

I get the idea the lowly and meek on earth will one day be in charge or in power on earth, it is a nice and hopeful idea for those persecuted, but it rarely happens on earth. But maybe the idea from 5:5 is we come back and rule the earth if we are meek after we are resurrected? That may be what the idea or meaning is.
Old 27-07-2023, 05:13 PM
Master

Now that I think about it I think that is the meaning of that passage. That Christians will one day be in charge of the earth. That is the whole point of the messiah. To establish his kingdom on earth and rule over it.

Matthew 5:5 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.
Old 27-07-2023, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Now that I think about it I think that is the meaning of that passage. That Christians will one day be in charge of the earth. That is the whole point of the messiah.

Why the Christians ?
Old 27-07-2023, 06:52 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.

Maybe we are not to take words with such literal meaning?

Blessings,
Z
Old 27-07-2023, 07:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

I love what you said about being your own I AM, Honza! For indeed the earth does not belong to the humans. How could it? It belongs to its creator (the Word). An heir does not inherit until the death of the testator. But understanding the testator lives forever, there must be another meaning, perhaps not so obvious.

Maybe those that inherit are born again unto the Word, which is another way of saying resurrected in Christ, or even as you so aptly articulated, becoming an I AM that is part of the great I AM. Beautifully stated, imo.

Blessings,
Z

I would add as a suggestion that being resurrected is understanding that the new body is not human, but spirit.

Extra blessings on you, my friend.
Old 27-07-2023, 09:02 PM
Molearner

Quote:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,

5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.

But maybe the idea from 5:5 is we come back and rule the earth if we are meek after we are resurrected? That may be what the idea or meaning is.

Maisy,

As Zastrakoza suggested it is wise to be cautious with literal understanding. That can be a danger for lifelong Christians…they are content with their memorization of scripture and familiarity. Sometimes an outsider is more inclined to unravel the hidden meaning of scripture.

The Beatitudes of Matthew 5 which you cited are scriptures that demand contemplation. You shared your understanding of Matthew 5:5….thanks. I approach it differently….remember John 3:16…basically God so loved the world that he sent Jesus to save the world. That mission was given as an inheritance of sorts……Jesus was presented as the custodian of the earth…the world. If that is our blessing for being meek….then, essentially we are seen as agents of change….what more validation could we conceive of ? I would also suggest for a contemplation of this specific verse to read Philippians 2:5-11. Notice all the characteristics of Jesus that mirrored being meek…an obedient servant that humbled himself.

Now to examine Matthew 5:3….the NASB Bible has a footnote to “the poor in spirit…it says: “in other words, those who are not spiritually arrogant”. The Message Bible translates it as…” You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule”. Personally for a long time I have taken ‘poor in spirit’ to mean one who always desire more Spirit. When one accepts that Spirit is infinite one can have neither enough or too much. Understand this and one will never become ‘spiritually arrogant’.

The fault of literal understanding is that there is always more than that which meets the eyes……
Old 29-07-2023, 12:53 AM
Experiencer

[quote=Honza]Who will inherit the earth? Or another way of putting it is who will survive?

Jesus summed it up at Matt 7:21-- Those living now to do his Fathers will( over self) get to enter his kingdom. That will= Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT. =These are the righteous.
Old 29-07-2023, 08:01 AM
Master
Quote:

Can't you be both?