Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-07-2023, 04:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Maybe you could tell us where. The Bible is basically mute about reincarnation….

Gee.... I thought this thread was on The Soul?

As for reincarnation not being in the Bible: I would say there is a reason for that.

This reminds me of the place where I eat virtually every day. Some days they claim the milk I order is Turtle Milk. Sometimes it is Zebra Milk. Today it was Snail Milk.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-07-2023, 04:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Which version?(I go by the Vedic texts,but I think there are many English versions of the Bhagavad-Gita with only one trusted version,and even a branch of that version as been altered and presented as authentic)
Gee, that probably is a good place to look for the answer as any other place.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-07-2023, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I would say the source for answers to this question can be found in the Bible.
Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mathew obviously observes the body and soul as seperate entities others seem to see the soul as being inseparable from the body ...
Old 26-07-2023, 06:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Which version?(I go by the Vedic texts,but I think there are many English versions of the Bhagavad-Gita with only one trusted version,and even a branch of that version as been altered and presented as authentic)
I personally like to compare the differences in various belief systems, it's really interesting
Old 26-07-2023, 06:43 AM
Master

I've always thought reincarnation was in the bible in some small parts but I've read a lot of books in the metaphysical section of university libraries and bookstores. One book I read said many early Christians believed in reincarnation then this belief was declared heresy at some point as one would not need a Church or Religion or a God to save them if we just came back. If reincarnation was real, then we could sin and mess up and just get another chance in the next life. No need to worry really if we get a lot of chances. So then resurrection belief was made official and with that we need to be saved as we will be judged as to if we are worthy to be resurrected. That belief means we get one chance.

Maybe they left some references to reincarnation in the bible by mistake?

John 3:3
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

Now days I think most believe "born again" in John is a metaphor or is not actually about being born again, not literal. But other verses people claim are literal. Who decides which are literal or metaphors? What if Jesus meant it takes many lives (incarnations) to reach a state you can see the Kingdom of God?

Someone said to Jesus after Jesus said we need to be born again: "How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?" (John 3:4)

Well no that person is confused... it would be a new mom!

Matthew 11:14
And if you are willing to accept what I say, John the Baptist is Elijah,

Elijah went to heaven in the old testament. So I think if he comes back as John in the new Testament that is reincarnation in the bible.

Reincarnation posits a future life in a different body. Resurrection posits a future life in the same body we died in. Why does Corinthians say we get a new body in one small part?

This passage from Corinthians is answering the question about what kind of body we get after dying. It says God will determine our next body. It also mentions all the possible bodies "the dead" may be raised in.

1 Corinthians 15:35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?” 36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39 Not all flesh (bodies) are the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies.

I think it basically says:

What kind of body do we get after dying? God decides. Possibilities: People have one kind of body, animals have another, birds another and fish another. There are also heavenly bodies (like angels and arch angels who live in Heaven) and there are earthly bodies.

Obviously most of Corinthians is about Resurrection and not Reincarnation. But Resurrection is about a transformation of the body we died in, not getting a new body. Getting a new body is about reincarnation. Did they accidently leave in a passage about reincarnation?
Old 26-07-2023, 06:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Gee.... I thought this thread was on The Soul
Reincarnation refers to the soul, the repeating cycle where the soul enters the physical body to experience a physical life.....
Old 26-07-2023, 07:04 AM
Master

Maybe the fact humans weigh 21 grams less after dying is proof something left the body.

Last edited by Maisy : 26-07-2023 at 07:03 PM.
Old 26-07-2023, 07:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
I wouldn’t know about the Bible or for that matter about any other belief system but given the overwhelming evidence of reincarnation and nde feedback, there definitely exists a presence that lives on even after this mind-body dies. We can call this a soul.
How about sharing this overwhelming evidence with us. It would be a great help.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 26-07-2023, 07:47 AM
Master
[Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
given the overwhelming evidence of reincarnation and nde feedback, there definitely exists a presence that lives on even after this mind-body dies. We can call this a soul.]

We could also call this a Spirit... which is my own personal view..
Old 26-07-2023, 08:53 AM
Master

Ok this is just off the cuff cos I don’t know the bible very well but I remember years ago someone pointing out about reincarnation in the bible

JOHN ……..in my fathers house there are many mansions……. Something along those lines, where interpreted as reincarnation, by author Gina Cerminara’s book called Many Mansions. You could google that book.

Secondly somewhere in the bible it mentions ……..”I have come before as Elija”. That’s the only bit I can remember. Shouldn’t be hard to find tho.

Apparently all reference to Jesus talking about reincarnation was purposely taken out of the texts. If you want to know more about that then you can check out the book above or do the research yourself.