Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-05-2023, 01:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Everything in caps is a point for me….almost like begging attention…..
Interpretation is something individual. Your interpretation reflects your beliefs and expectations, is limited by your level of evolvement, and when right it should satisfy your current needs for further evolvement (value fulfillment). Same for me, and same for everybody else. We aren't all the same, as pupils in a school aren't all in the same grade.

Even more, trying to match others' interpretations is a sure way not to get the right interpretation for yourself (impersonal "yourself" here).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-05-2023, 01:35 AM
Master

But then the trinity doctrine says Jesus is God. So God as Jesus has a name. The Holy Spirit and God the Father don't seem to have formal names in the new testament. Jesus got his name from his parents, so not sure if that would be the name he had before his human life or now. Ancient Greeks named all their Gods. Actually naming God "The Father" put a gender on God which may narrow down names.
Old 09-05-2023, 01:43 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Even more, trying to match others' interpretations is a sure way not to get the right interpretation for yourself (impersonal "yourself" here).

Inavalan,

I agree. Disappointing to me is how few even attempt an interpretation. The attempt itself will activate potential and draw spiritual attention.
Old 09-05-2023, 01:46 AM
Master

The name Jesus is actually the Greek transliteration (because the New Testament was written in Greek) of Joshua. Mary is an English translation of the common Jewish name, Miriam or Mariamme. The old testament names God Jehovah (/dʒɪˈhoʊvə/) a Latinization of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה‎ Yəhōwā, one vocalization of the Tetragrammaton יהוה‎ (YHWH)
Old 09-05-2023, 01:58 AM
Master

In the past making up your own interpretation of religious things could get one accused of heresy and put to death. Now days, you are just kicked out of the Church etc. If there is someone in charge of something, they can put an end to interpretations they don't like. Book burning and so on. Fire you from role or job. Not allowed to speak or teach. There are "official" interpretations of some things in all Religions.

The idea of finding all answers within would not really work if you are in a well organized group or organization. The group or organization or religion would expect you to state and accept their official beliefs. I guess you could believe whatever you wanted as long you were not in some official job in the organization where you were expected to teach the "official" interpretations to others.
Old 09-05-2023, 02:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Inavalan,

I agree. Disappointing to me is how few even attempt an interpretation. The attempt itself will activate potential and draw spiritual attention.
People don't know what they are, what they are supposed to do here, what their abilities are, that help is continuously provided to them and they just need to listen. Why this ignorance? Because of the conditioning this society inflicts on them. It isn't by design, as far as I know, but just an unfortunate probability. But, everybody knew about this when they decided to come here now.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-05-2023, 02:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
... The idea of finding all answers within would not really work if you are in a well organized group or organization. ...
People can and do make choices. You don't have to accept anything, and you shouldn't (I used the impersonal "you" here). Fear is a bad adviser.
Old 09-05-2023, 03:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
But then the trinity doctrine says Jesus is God. So God as Jesus has a name. The Holy Spirit and God the Father don't seem to have formal names in the new testament. ...

The Christian doctrine of the Trinity is the central doctrine concerning the nature of God in most Christian churches, which defines one God existing in three coequal, coeternal, consubstantial divine persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, three distinct persons sharing one essence/substance/nature.

In my interpretation, Jesus (the Son) was the physical avatar, the human, the physical manifestation of a multi-dimensional personality (the Father). He was guided (as everyone of us has their own inner guidance) by Christ, a non-physical teacher-entity (the Holy Spirit).

Everyone of us is part of such a personal trinity, and all of us are elements of higher and higher gestalts of consciousness, as cells are elements of a body.
Old 09-05-2023, 05:53 AM
Master
My main approach to spirituality is to forget 'official' interpretations. To forget I AM altogether in many ways and to just love myself and God and take it easy.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 09-05-2023, 08:14 AM
Master

I don't think I'd say my answers come from within. To me, within is just conditioned and reactionary thought from the brain. I'm apart from that. I would not say I am without either. I don't know where I am, but I feel like I am not without or within. I feel like maybe I'm located where my eyes are. Maybe just past their surface. Or maybe I am an energy field bubble that encases the whole human body. Really I could not pin point where I am but the idea of "within" seems claustrophobic to me. I'm not in there. I observe the "within." I observe thoughts, become aware of them. I'm aware of it. I'm outside of it or above it or over it somehow. At a higher level. I think of answers as coming from above and beyond, not within. A higher dimension not an inner one.

I don't think of knowledge or understanding or answers as being word based too. Words limit knowledge and understanding I think. Reduces it. The answers from within are all word based I think. Sentences that don't contain the whole picture. Fragments. Each sentence trying to explain the whole. But a new sentence replaces or takes the place of the one that preceded it so how can one ever express any truth in words through language?

I think the answers and understanding comes before the words. Word are just used to try to communicate something we already know. We try to put it into words which are just conceptual symbols that can't really contain what we know as truths or experiential reality. Especially if what you are trying to express is a experiential awareness of reality as it is before we add a word based interpretation.